onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matt Smith - Dundee United

Robbie Earle's Perm

Advert

In fairness with Hooper's return and IF Forrester can get himself a run of games we'll suddenly be looking a lot better up front. We've been lacking creativity in midfield this season like you wouldn't believe and the signings of Eagles and Guy will hopefully help to rectify that. We now have Grant, Amoros and De Freitas as players in midfield who do the dirty work, while Eagles, Guy and Kelly can offer something more going forward, with the returning Foley somewhere in between. I still think Pereira can offer the side something too in time if we persevere with him too, though perhaps more next season.

Agree with you about the importance of JJ and Forrester to the team, enabling Thomas to revert to the left wing.

But I'd leave Kelly out of it. He's hopeless. And only De Freitas of the foreign players has looked capable of lasting a good 90 minutes and he hasn't scored a single goal.

I admire your optimism but the likes of Amoros [and Kiko come to that] have only started a handful of games so I'm doubtful you can make conclusions about their ability based on a few minutes on the pitch.

The main point about Smith is that I'd be delighted to see another midfield player on trial. What have we got to lose? And if Taylor and Grant go and Foley isn't fit until February... It makes sense.

Agree with you about the importance of JJ and Forrester to the team, enabling Thomas to revert to the left wing.

But I'd leave Kelly out of it. He's hopeless. And only De Freitas of the foreign players has looked capable of lasting a good 90 minutes and he hasn't scored a single goal.

I admire your optimism but the likes of Amoros [and Kiko come to that] have only started a handful of games so I'm doubtful you can make conclusions about their ability based on a few minutes on the pitch.

From what I've seen of the French lads they definitely have the determination and appetite to at least be capable squad players, and both are more than young enough to improve with the right guidance. I don't think either of them are anything other than defensive midfielders, with De Freitas being the more versatile of the two, so I don't expect either of them to chips in with goals from midfield. Kiko I'm unsure about but he hasn't looked out of his depth as much as he hasn't set the league on fire, but whether he'll want to remain at the club with the other Portuguese contingent going back with their tails between their legs remains to be seen.

But going back to the two French lads, they seem to have a real desire to play for the shirt if their facebook pages are anything to go by and I want them to be a success, and I for one am more than happy for both of them to be given the necessary time to prove themselves a success at the club.

From what I've seen of the French lads they definitely have the determination and appetite to at least be capable squad players, and both are more than young enough to improve with the right guidance. I don't think either of them are anything other than defensive midfielders, with De Freitas being the more versatile of the two, so I don't expect either of them to chips in with goals from midfield. Kiko I'm unsure about but he hasn't looked out of his depth as much as he hasn't set the league on fire, but whether he'll want to remain at the club with the other Portuguese contingent going back with their tails between their legs remains to be seen.

But going back to the two French lads, they seem to have a real desire to play for the shirt if their facebook pages are anything to go by and I want them to be a success, and I for one am more than happy for both of them to be given the necessary time to prove themselves a success at the club.

Agree with this, I do like Kiko as well but ADF and Amorros have been the pick of the foreign imports. Fitness is clearly an issue but hopefully they will realise there full potential.

In fairness with Hooper's return and IF Forrester can get himself a run of games we'll suddenly be looking a lot better up front. We've been lacking creativity in midfield this season like you wouldn't believe and the signings of Eagles and Guy will hopefully help to rectify that. We now have Grant, Amoros and De Freitas as players in midfield who do the dirty work, while Eagles, Guy and Kelly can offer something more going forward, with the returning Foley somewhere in between. I still think Pereira can offer the side something too in time if we persevere with him too, though perhaps more next season.

What does Kelly offer going forward when he constantly loses the ball.I know he scored a wonder goal last year but hasn't looked like scoring this year and is a passenger when in the team.

What does Kelly offer going forward when he constantly loses the ball.I know he scored a wonder goal last year but hasn't looked like scoring this year and is a passenger when in the team.

I can answer that....nothing!

At least last year he scored a couple of crackers, he's gone backwards and is punching at the moment to say he's a pro footballer.

Lovely lad though, met him the other day.

I wonder if these recommendations have come from Darren Wrack or whether they were already on the radar before. I wouldn't of thought so as I can't imagine Bruno knowing much about Scottish reserves or Chris Eagles.

Who knows? Football is a small, almost incestuous game, especially at the lower levels; everyone knows everyone else. There's bound to have been conversations between those that matter at VP and almost anyone you can think of. Those contacts might be recommending players. Unfortunately one contact (and we all know who he is) recommended us Bruno.

I am hoping that one day we sign a player from one of our new signings former clubs For instance does Chris Eagles know any young up and coming player at Accrington orone of his previous clubs that he can see with potential to do well that could be being overlooked at his current club for one reason or another.

I can answer that....nothing!

At least last year he scored a couple of crackers, he's gone backwards and is punching at the moment to say he's a pro footballer.

Lovely lad though, met him the other day.

Did you tell him what you think of his footballing ability?

So he's like Kelly..... but can play football!

I wonder if these recommendations have come from Darren Wrack or whether they were already on the radar before. I wouldn't of thought so as I can't imagine Bruno knowing much about Scottish reserves or Chris Eagles.

Apparently he didn't know a great deal about English football either.

Archived