onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Milton Keynes

Fosse69

Advert

Pupils are dropped off at school for safety reasons because there are too many cars about, vicious circle? Not a problem in my day, very few people with cars.

Exactly, there are a lot more safety issues surrounding kids these days.

I'm not too fussed it's off, I doubt it is properly frozen, we played in similar conditions last year against Chesterfield. I don't think it's going too far to say we may have wanted this one off to get players fit (& possibly more in)...

Some of the bashing of Smurf on twitter etc over this is crazy. Shame it's off but gives us another game with Streete, Alnwick and hopefully Foley plus any new signings and time of the fitness regime to work. Could be the difference between going down or staying up.

It isn't the end of the world and may work in our favour.

Plus the referee made the decision and he knows the forecast for the rest of the day.

Called off to give us time to get the striker in.

If that's the case then I hope that the Vale are giving the MK fans, and indeed our own, their money back for prebooked trains, wasted time sorting it and inconvenience for people who have changed shifts, booked days off etc.

If Vale can't manage their own internal day to day football business then why should anyone else suffer.

BTW I honestly don't believe this to be the reason it has been called off. I'm not in Burslem so am not subject to the horrendous conditions locally.

Some of the bashing of Smurf on twitter etc over this is crazy. Shame it's off but gives us another game with Streete, Alnwick and hopefully Foley plus any new signings and time of the fitness regime to work. Could be the difference between going down or staying up.

It isn't the end of the world and may work in our favour.

Plus the referee made the decision and he knows the forecast for the rest of the day.

I don't know why he engages in it. People are just looking for a stick to bash the chairman, any excuse at all. But he should ignore it instead of called vale fans a disgrace. Despite their actions warrenting such a response.

The signing of Eagles and Guy plus the 4 nil victory over Bradford reserves were just beginning to build a bit of a buzz but now it has gone away again.

To be fair I'm not sure a reserve victory builds much of a buzz for many people. Either way, gives us time to sign more, get players back fit & build a bit more of one?

If that's the case then I hope that the Vale are giving the MK fans, and indeed our own, their money back for prebooked trains, wasted time sorting it and inconvenience for people who have changed shifts, booked days off etc.

If Vale can't manage their own internal day to day football business then why should anyone else suffer.

BTW I honestly don't believe this to be the reason it has been called off. I'm not in Burslem so am not subject to the horrendous conditions locally.

How can you turn bad weather and a ref into its vales fault the game is of ffs people need get a grip

How can you turn bad weather and a ref into its vales fault the game is of ffs people need get a grip

I've no idea. I'm disappointed that it's been postponed, fancied a few beers in town and the match. Midweek is more of an issue for me too, I'll live. I was just giving a response to the theorists who were suggesting it was called off for the benefit of the club and not due to the weather, however mild it is currently.

By the way I'm meeting a few in Burslem later for a beer or 2. Will I need to pack my snow shoes, thermal pants and take chocolate just in case:smile:

Archived