onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Window: Vale ins, outs, rumours etc...

robf

Hopefully by putting deep heat in his pants rather than kicking him on the pitch. We must surely have someone better than a 34 year old that's come from Blackpool.
yes he's 34 that's why he's experienced, would rather that than another 18 year old with no games under his belt.

Advert

Brown has done well to complete the deals he has last night. He certainly didn't get his first choice keeper and as we've seen over the past week we've lost out to bigger, richer clubs on several targets.

If Brown keeps us up he will have done a great job. That would surely earn him a contract for two or three years and I'd be optimistic that we can properly strengthen in the summer. Let's hope we're planning for a L1 campaign again as it's going to be a tough few months now.

The loans/short terms contracts smack of trying to simply see the season out before a major rebuild over the summer. The issue is that there's still plenty of work to do to avoid relegation, and ideally you wouldn't be relying on players who know they won't be here in 4 months time to put everything on the line for us.

I'm also hoping that atleast some proportion of the £300k NS has banked is going to be ringfenced and spent in the summer either on decent wages for existing young stars to keep them at the club, a decent budget to attract quality players to the club and/or used as transfer fees as a statement of intent and belief in whoever gets the permanent gig as manager.

Although M. Brown has been rushed in as Caretaker Manager, I now have faith in his abilities.

He has obviously been working long and hard to bring in better quality players than the ones that he inherited from Robineo.

The fruits of his efforts will be seen as the club climb up the L1 table and he will be established as the permanet manager.

The loans/short terms contracts smack of trying to simply see the season out before a major rebuild over the summer. The issue is that there's still plenty of work to do to avoid relegation, and ideally you wouldn't be relying on players who know they won't be here in 4 months time to put everything on the line for us.

I'm also hoping that atleast some proportion of the £300k NS has banked is going to be ringfenced and spent in the summer either on decent wages for existing young stars to keep them at the club, a decent budget to attract quality players to the club and/or used as transfer fees as a statement of intent and belief in whoever gets the permanent gig as manager.

Someone finally talking sense.

Although I know for a fact that money will never be seen again.

OUT

Taylor.

Jones.

Patterson

Santos.

Hart.

Macintosh

Haughton.

Lloyd.

Johnson.

Saleiro

Turner.

GOING?

Alnwick

Grant.

Kiko

Pereira

Mbamba

Shalaj

Taveres

REMAINING

Boot

Pickering

Yates

Purkiss

Knopps

Smith

Streete

Gibbons

Foley

Kelly

De Freitas

Amoros

Thomas

Forrester

Hooper

Cecelia

Ferguson

IN

Walker

Guy

Eagles

Tanser

IMO to avoid trouble we Must sign minimum

Keeper

Full back/CB

Striker

Development squad keeper

No defenders

No striker

Forrester has hardly been a ringing success either, having not scored since August! "He's been injured" doesn't really wash either, as we knew he was injury prone when we signed him. If I was Smurthwaite, I'd be keeping quiet about that one. It's not like he's Lee Matthews who was injury prone but at least scored a goal every week in the games he played.

Having slept on it all I can say is I think time ran out on us. Alnwick's move came about over the space of about a week and finding a replacement goalkeeper was obviously much harder than expected with a few bids for more experienced ones turned down. This Celtic lad looks a decent punt as their fans seem to think he has potential and at least he's come from a British club.

Pugh is very underwhelming. A player I've never rated even when he was at Leeds and Stoke. Very much a steady eddie at the time who had grit and determination but lacked the quality to be a good player at Championship level. Since then he has simply become a steady lower level player whose time seemed to have run out playing league football at any good standard until we've picked him up. All I can hope is he's been signed as a squad player and to help bring a bit of leadership because he is a 'captain' and we don't have any of them in the squad at all. However I presume he'll go straight into the side in place of Grant in the centre to add a cover for the back four. If that's the case I have a big question mark over his ability to do that and wonder if De Freitas would be a much better option. We shall see.

As for the QPR lads both look promising with the winger in particular being highly rated. So we'll see.

Archived