onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Window: Vale ins, outs, rumours etc...

robf

There are more than 20 players on our books that need to be moved on - and that isn't going to happen. I don't care how much or how little they are on; it still ties up a hefty load of money. So, I suspect this will leave very little room for manoeuvre unless at least 1 of our better players are sold which in my mind is self-destructive.

There is no evidence so far of the hoped for 'break clauses' in some players contracts or I assume they would have been sent on their way by now.

For a so called 'successful businessman' this seems a complete and utter balls up of a lesson in how to manage limited finances

Just my opinion of course but obviously I'm not a signed up, card carrying member of the Smurf fan club!

Advert

Ahem, back on topic...

Looks like Ryan Lloyd could be the next player to leave. Vale have reportedly accepted a bid for him.

Link - http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2017/01/port-vale-accept-southport-bid-for-winger-ryan-lloyd/

I doubt we have paid very much for him this season since he signed his contract, therefore we should have made a profit since the summer on him. So was offering another year a good business deal?

Not making Norman out to be a savvy businessman with regards to signings but credit where its due?

There are more than 20 players on our books that need to be moved on - and that isn't going to happen. I don't care how much or how little they are on; it still ties up a hefty load of money. So, I suspect this will leave very little room for manoeuvre unless at least 1 of our better players are sold which in my mind is self-destructive.

There is no evidence so far of the hoped for 'break clauses' in some players contracts or I assume they would have been sent on their way by now.

For a so called 'successful businessman' this seems a complete and utter balls up of a lesson in how to manage limited finances

Just my opinion of course but obviously I'm not a signed up, card carrying member of the Smurf fan club!

Who are the 20?

I bet your list of players to shift is different to everyone elses and also the managers too.

Lets say we shifted them on. We still have to replace them and the wages we pay will dictate the quality we get. So we may not necessarily end up better off.

Sold for a pound, brought for a penny the smurf way. = profit.

Sounds right to me - why else would he spend a fortune on wages rather than invest in buying the two or three quality players we need? Buy 'em cheap, stack 'em high and sell 'em on. It's Smurf's money, so he can do what he wants but it could prove to be a risky strategy.

Who are the 20?

I bet your list of players to shift is different to everyone elses and also the managers too.

Lets say we shifted them on. We still have to replace them and the wages we pay will dictate the quality we get. So we may not necessarily end up better off.

I did say it was my opinion so you're free to disagree but I honestly think that there are no more than 18 players up to league 1 standard. We have a lot of players who just aren't up to it. And we don't need to replace that many of them - that's the whole point. Smurf promised quality not quantity and that would be my opinion. Like I said we are stuck paying wages to players who won't get anywhere near the first team.

It may be that I'm the only one who feels this way but somehow I doubt it.

Because he's taken over at run away champs. How on earth was he going to get them in to that squad?

He didnt sign them up for Vale cause they were his mates. He did it because hes spineless and couldn't tell them they were released.

Page would have taken us down this season. Bruno nearly did also. Lets just hope Brown can resolve the mess thats been there since the end of our first season in League one when we desperatly needed a Striker, replacement for Myrie Williams' goals, Loft's engine and a solid centre half. We only managed to get one of those in 3 years.

He didnt sign them up for Vale cause they were his mates. He did it because hes spineless and couldn't tell them they were released.

Page would have taken us down this season.

So a manager is spineless for wanting to keep certain players? I've heard it all now.

What do you base the claim he'd have taken us down? We'll never know now of course so I'm assuming thats based on just your dislike of him.

So a manager is spineless for wanting to keep certain players? I've heard it all now.

What do you base the claim he'd have taken us down? We'll never know now of course so I'm assuming thats based on just your dislike of him.

Why did he say judge him when he had his own players and then signed them all back up again? The guy was a clown and he's slowly depressed two sets of fans with his mind numbing tactics.

I doubt we have paid very much for him this season since he signed his contract, therefore we should have made a profit since the summer on him. So was offering another year a good business deal?

Not making Norman out to be a savvy businessman with regards to signings but credit where its due?

Fair point, I was very much against giving him and others another contract but that has generated us some cash. Now for the other 20 we have contracts to in the summer!

Archived