onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Victoria beckham obe

ELDERBEZZA

Advert

Yes,that's correct, she's only gone against all the rules and announced that she's been awarded the OBE in the New Year Honours List! More worthy causes come to mind!!

In which case this will prove that the OBE is now a pointless,meaningless award.

Yes, we're pretty quick to judge, and mostly on appearances from the drivel spouted above. I doubt it is for her services to music, more for her charity work - and fair play if so. Too many people slagging her off - what is she supposed to do with her life? She's married to a famous footballer and has chosen to stay out of the limelight, bring up a family (pretty well from what i can see), be faithful, and raise money for charity. And yes, there are loads of people doing the same up and down the land, but my guess is her fundraising has done more for charity because of her name. So be it.

Yes, we're pretty quick to judge, and mostly on appearances from the drivel spouted above. I doubt it is for her services to music, more for her charity work - and fair play if so. Too many people slagging her off - what is she supposed to do with her life? She's married to a famous footballer and has chosen to stay out of the limelight, bring up a family (pretty well from what i can see), be faithful, and raise money for charity. And yes, there are loads of people doing the same up and down the land, but my guess is her fundraising has done more for charity because of her name. So be it.

Completely agree, the jealously and bitterness on this thread is sad to see given the millions she has raised for charity.

Well done Victoria.

Completely agree, the jealously and bitterness on this thread is sad to see given the millions she has raised for charity.

Well done Victoria.

Jealousy? Bitterness?... about what?

A gong system that rewards the rich and famous for being.... er... rich and famous?... which opens the doors to become more famous and richer.

Being the poster girl for anorexia?

If your going to use a system of MBEs CBEs OBEs Blue Peter badges etc at least give them to people who have gone beyond the norm. The amount of charity work done in this country to keep things funded [like the NHS {which shouldnt need it}] by ordinary people who take time out of their already pressured lives is amazing but slides under the gong radar because of who they are not what they do is shameful... it devalues the principal of the honour.

I dont give a rats ass about the stick.... Ive had a particularly bad year and wanted a rant at something, the honour system presented its self as the ideal target [because its crap] and the fact it was the sticks award that opened the thread was an opportunity far to tempting.

Mugabe, Ceaucescu, Mussolini, Yamagata Aritomo, Phillip Green, Rolph Harris, Savile, Robin David Peverett, Dennis Edward Grant, Bishop of Grafton Donald Shearman, Leslie Smith, Peter Nicholson, Michael C. Brewer, Stuart Hall, Stanley Lewis Brown, Squadron Leader Brian Lawrence Trood, Ian John McClure, Junaid Quershi etc etc etc.

........ would you want to be on that list? [all given honours]

Jealousy? Bitterness?... about what?

A gong system that rewards the rich and famous for being.... er... rich and famous?... which opens the doors to become more famous and richer.

Being the poster girl for anorexia?

If your going to use a system of MBEs CBEs OBEs Blue Peter badges etc at least give them to people who have gone beyond the norm. The amount of charity work done in this country to keep things funded [like the NHS {which shouldnt need it}] by ordinary people who take time out of their already pressured lives is amazing but slides under the gong radar because of who they are not what they do is shameful... it devalues the principal of the honour.

I dont give a rats ass about the stick.... Ive had a particularly bad year and wanted a rant at something, the honour system presented its self as the ideal target [because its crap] and the fact it was the sticks award that opened the thread was an opportunity far to tempting.

Mugabe, Ceaucescu, Mussolini, Yamagata Aritomo, Phillip Green, Rolph Harris, Savile, Robin David Peverett, Dennis Edward Grant, Bishop of Grafton Donald Shearman, Leslie Smith, Peter Nicholson, Michael C. Brewer, Stuart Hall, Stanley Lewis Brown, Squadron Leader Brian Lawrence Trood, Ian John McClure, Junaid Quershi etc etc etc.

........ would you want to be on that list? [all given honours]

I wonder how many millions have been avoided in tax payments! Also some of the recipients are quick to leave our shores to avoid tax!

Regarding the honours system...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-38457928

Hillsborough campaigner Prof Phil Scraton has turned down an OBE in the Queen's New Year Honours list.

Prof Scraton has previously received the Freedom of the City of Liverpool, the Political Studies Association's Campaigner of the Year Award and an Honorary Doctorate in Laws from the University of Liverpool "with gratitude and humility".

But he added: "I could not receive an honour on the recommendation of those who remained unresponsive to the determined efforts of bereaved families and survivors to secure truth and justice."

Prof Scraton acknowledged his decision "might come as a disappointment to some Hillsborough families, survivors and whoever nominated me".

However, he added: "Finally, I could not accept an honour tied in name to the 'British Empire'.

"In my scholarship and teaching I remain a strong critic of the historical, cultural and political contexts of imperialism and their international legacy."

I have no problem with the principal of the reward system [honours], it has fallen, been pushed, abused and diminished to a state of ill repute by people buying them with donations or paying for favours... how do you award an honour to someone for doing what you are paid [excessively in most cases] to do on a daily basis... how can a politician who represents a party whose whole standing is to represent the working class down trodden accept a seat in the house of lords.

Thousands of people do amazing things every day simply because they need doing, they do them on top of their normal lives, mostly without payment or even recognition... they go unnoticed simply because they dont have two jags and a big gob... not a lot of people know that.

OK the very bad year has nearly ended.... rant over.... I hope next year is better

Archived