onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Victoria beckham obe

ELDERBEZZA

Jealousy? Bitterness?... about what?

A gong system that rewards the rich and famous for being.... er... rich and famous?... which opens the doors to become more famous and richer.

Being the poster girl for anorexia?

If your going to use a system of MBEs CBEs OBEs Blue Peter badges etc at least give them to people who have gone beyond the norm. The amount of charity work done in this country to keep things funded [like the NHS {which shouldnt need it}] by ordinary people who take time out of their already pressured lives is amazing but slides under the gong radar because of who they are not what they do is shameful... it devalues the principal of the honour.

I dont give a rats ass about the stick.... Ive had a particularly bad year and wanted a rant at something, the honour system presented its self as the ideal target [because its crap] and the fact it was the sticks award that opened the thread was an opportunity far to tempting.

Mugabe, Ceaucescu, Mussolini, Yamagata Aritomo, Phillip Green, Rolph Harris, Savile, Robin David Peverett, Dennis Edward Grant, Bishop of Grafton Donald Shearman, Leslie Smith, Peter Nicholson, Michael C. Brewer, Stuart Hall, Stanley Lewis Brown, Squadron Leader Brian Lawrence Trood, Ian John McClure, Junaid Quershi etc etc etc.

........ would you want to be on that list? [all given honours]

If you want to nominate people go ahead there is a system for it. You don't have to hate and make fun (if you think it's funny to poke at people with anorexia) of people that have raised millions and millions of pounds for charity and who the charities I am sure are exceptionally grateful too.

She's also developed two hugely successful careers for herself whether you like her bands music / fashion or not.

It's a really sad trait of British society and particularly SOT society that people don't see successful people and aspire to be as good if not better rather than poking fun at them because they don't have the motivation to be.

Advert

In today's Mail on line her company has been officially warned it could be closed down as she (or her tax advisors - sic) have not filed tax returns on time for three years running. I wonder if Liz will mention this at her gong ceremony ����
there we go!exactly my point earlier! Now tin hat time waiting for OVF police:laugh:

If you want to nominate people go ahead there is a system for it. You don't have to hate and make fun (if you think it's funny to poke at people with anorexia) of people that have raised millions and millions of pounds for charity and who the charities I am sure are exceptionally grateful too.

She's also developed two hugely successful careers for herself whether you like her bands music / fashion or not.

It's a really sad trait of British society and particularly SOT society that people don't see successful people and aspire to be as good if not better rather than poking fun at them because they don't have the motivation to be.

You could call it sad, but as they say it takes one to know one

Whats the point in nominating anyone to a system that is corrupt?... you can buy one if you donate enough, you can have enough if you make as much as you can and migrate it so you dont have to pay UK tax on it or just avoid paying tax... you can get one for service to the banking industry then collapse a bank and cost the tax payer millions, you can get one even if people suspect you are a pedofile.

I dont aspire to be anyone other than who I am, jealousy isnt in my nature...

Im not poking fun at her, she looks like a stick insect simple as that.

My rant wasnt really aimed at her but the honours system, slightly misdirected initially I agree.

Should people aspire to be like the bishop of grafton [as above]?

One of the great things about "british society" is that it is irreverent towards people who are so full of themselves they imagine they really are important.

Yes,that's correct, she's only gone against all the rules and announced that she's been awarded the OBE in the New Year Honours List! More worthy causes come to mind!!

This is on a par with giving OBAMA a nobel peace prize when hee took office imho but at least he will be gone in a few weeks bye bye barrack or barry soetoro wwhatever your name was you were never fit to tie putinss shoelaces imho

I can honestly say I've never been jealous of anyone' date=' in my professional life and in referring people inspire me to be better, it's a far more optimistic and fulfilling world![/quote']

Whats actually good about spending your life wanting to be like someone else?... far more fulfilling being happy with who you are.

As english gallows humour goes... what is there to be optimistic about when you know you are going to die?

Whats actually good about spending your life wanting to be like someone else?... far more fulfilling being happy with who you are.

As english gallows humour goes... what is there to be optimistic about when you know you are going to die?

Who wants to be like anyone else, successful and good people should inspire you to be the best you can in life to match or hopefully better their acheidvements.

So you are born, you are miserable, you die? Awesome :laugh:

Two of my mottos in life are - you only have one life, live it happy and the other is travelling is the only thing in life that costs money but makes you much richer!

I'm not going to defend the honours system, because I think it is heavily flawed (Cameron's hairdresser was being lined up for one I think? Crazy.) However, I don't like the response of slagging off Victoria Beckham, who it seems to me is a decent human being, for being awarded something for her charity work. It's her call as to whether to accept it in the spirit in which it is being offered. I've just read that Lynne Faulds-Wood of the BBC consumer programme has turned one down because she has problems with the idea of empire, and feels there are more worthy candidates. Good for her, that is her decision, and I respect it. In my view, we should change the title of these awards to something different, taking the British Empire out of it, and call them People's Awards,or something similar, reflecting the choices of local communities up and down the land as to who has done what that is worth recognising.

But this whole idea of judging a person on her physical appearance as "stick insect" and "anorexic" I find desperately sad. If that was articulated in the work lace about a colleague, there would rightly be action taken - but on a message board, it seems fair game to carry on like this by hiding behind the notion of "it's just my opinion, and I'm entitled to it like anyone else". It's just wrong, and we ought to be better than that.

Archived