onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New striker - contenders

robf

Advert

Good luck to him, unsure about this really, don't really know what kind of quality WBA's academy can produce, again it's unproven, but let's hope he can get a few goals!

well theyve produced.......

beharinho

bryan robson

im in the unsure boat tbh, all this talk about a proven goal scorer, and it's another kid, i no young lads need to start somewhere.....but im a bit puzzled about this how long is the loan deal?

Good luck to the new lad hope you can score us some goals.

In reality, challenge for top 6 when our 4 forwards havnt scored more than 10 league goals between them doesnt really excite me or fill me with optimism . I was expecting a known ,experienced ,goalscoring striker . Looking at our strike force, Ryan Lowe looks class

So much for a proven striker.

I have nothing against Alex Jones, but it's unbelievable th think that we already have Saleiro as our most experienced striker who let's face it doesn't have the best record anyway (let alone in Lg 1), we then have Hooper and Forrester who are both 22, Cicilia who is 20 and Turner who is 18, now we sign Alex Jones who is 21?

Why do we need another inexperienced striker on loan who is in his early 20's? We may as well given our own players a chance?

If we are to have any chance of making the top 6 as Smurf wants then we need to be signing (on a permanent basis) the likes of Nathan Tyson, JET, Chris Dagnall, Izale McLeod, Shaun Miller etc... not some 21 year old who will only end up benefiting another club come January.

Looks like all the promises of 'Quality over Quantity' have been lost in the romance of the foreign invasion.

You couldn't make it up!

Good luck to the new lad hope you can score us some goals.

In reality, challenge for top 6 when our 4 forwards havnt scored more than 10 league goals between them doesnt really excite me or fill me with optimism . I was expecting a known ,experienced ,goalscoring striker . Looking at our strike force, Ryan Lowe looks class

I would have liked for our forwardline, especially JJ & Forrester to be given a good go. They are young and i expect them to score goals, given the opportunity.

Dan Turner has to go out on loan now.

Obviously we could not afford the proven striker. To be honest I hope he is free because Hooper probably has more experience than he does.

Frankly it has all become a horrible mess. I like Hooper, I think he can play at least at league 1 level, but we need an experienced head alongside him.

Instead we get a weird collection of Eurotrash which to anyone who has seen the current lot play are nowhere near the standard. This new lad is another cheapo gamble.

So much for a proven striker.

Unbelievable, to think we already have Saleiro as our most experienced striker who let's face it doesn't have the best record anyway (let alone in Lg 1), we have Hooper and Forrester who are both 22, Cicilia who is 20 and Turner who is 18, now we sign Alex Jones who is 21?

Why do we need another inexperienced striker on loan who is in his early 20's? We may as well given our own players a chance?

If we are to have any chance of making the top 6 as Smurf wants then we need to be signing (on a permanent basis) the likes of Nathan Tyson, JET, Chris Dagnall, McLeod etc... not some 21 year old who will only end up benefiting another club come January.

Looks like after all of Smurf's promises of 'Quality over Quantity' have been lost in the romance of the foreign invasion.

You couldn't make it up!

You couldn't make up the amount of moaning, whining fans we have, back the team ffs.

Obviously we could not afford the proven striker. To be honest I hope he is free because Hooper probably has more experience than he does.

Frankly it has all become a horrible mess. I like Hooper, I think he can play at least at league 1 level, but we need an experienced head alongside him.

Instead we get a weird collection of Eurotrash which to anyone who has seen the current lot play are nowhere near the standard. This new lad is another cheapo gamble.

Again you are presuming, this is 1 of 4 signings he hopes to bring in.

I do wish everyone would calm down a little bit, and look at the bigger picture. We're all ranting and raving that we need a striker, well from what I've seen/heard it wouldn't make much difference who was up top if you can't get the ball to them. I sincerely believe that JJ Hooper has 20 goals in him this season if he can get the service. Likewise, I think Cicilia & Forrester have a few goals in them. The problem for me is that we aren't (and I expected this with the squad being overhauled) playing to their strengths. We've being playing with one up top, devoid of goals... Change to 4-4-2 look much more productive. For me I think we'd be better off trying to get a pacey, proven winger or attacking midfielder.

Saleiro in fairness has played at a top European Club a few dozen times so not that bad.

Dan Turner should now be loaned out maybe to a National League side and see if we get the same progression we see in Nathan Smith.

The new lad has my full support, another gamble but seems highly rated and who knows could be the next Adam Armstrong... Fans have moaned as the likes of Crewe and Swindon have used to loan market to get these type of players to boost their seasons now moaning that they are not experienced!

Archived