onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New striker - contenders

robf

I do wish everyone would calm down a little bit, and look at the bigger picture. We're all ranting and raving that we need a striker, well from what I've seen/heard it wouldn't make much difference who was up top if you can't get the ball to them. I sincerely believe that JJ Hooper has 20 goals in him this season if he can get the service. Likewise, I think Cicilia & Forrester have a few goals in them. The problem for me is that we aren't (and I expected this with the squad being overhauled) playing to their strengths. We've being playing with one up top, devoid of goals... Change to 4-4-2 look much more productive. For me I think we'd be better off trying to get a pacey, proven winger or attacking midfielder.

We did well with cecelia up top against a good Man U 11

Advert

You couldn't make up the amount of moaning, whining fans we have, back the team ffs.

I'm not moaning or whining, I'm just making the point that what we need is experienced players.

What's the point of signing another unproven player when we have squad full of them?

I will be backing the team, like I have done with buying a ST for over 30 years, like I did when I brought shares, like I have with shirts, programs, golden goal tickets etc..

I'm just voicing my opinion on this new player like you are able to voice yours if that is ok with you?

Christ on a bike!

I'm not moaning or whining, I'm just making the point that what we need is experienced players.

What's the point of signing another unproven player when we have squad full of them?

I will be backing the team, like I have done with buying a ST for over 30 years, like I did when I brought shares, like I have with shirts, programs, golden goal tickets etc..

I'm just voicing my opinion on this new player like you are able to voice yours if that is ok with you?

Christ on a bike!

I'm voicing mine, like you ar yours, I'm just choosing to be more positive about it, but it's hard, when every footballing decision is moaned at, experience doesn't mean success I will judge a player on his performances for us.

This is 1 of 4 signings by the way

Fully agree,

Its a strange signing considering Hooper who i consider our best forward has only played 1 half in 2 games contributing to our 1 goal in competitive games to date.

Our strikers have had nothing to feed off with the supply being the issue so any addition is going to have to make their own chances or create something out of nothing.

Cicillia seems fav for the lone role with forester n hoopr fav for 2 up top role- not seen cicillia and hooper in joint role and wonder why this hasnt been tried especially in friendlies .i understand it will take time to try diff permutations with players and willing to give time but just strange to confuse and dilute what has already learned and is yet to be learned

also with the supply i'm sure thomas is right footed playing on the left- switch wings and get the ball into the box hopefully at least giving one route to supply the forwards.

Welcome to the club Alex. Let's hope you are a big success and score plenty of goals for us.

Has anyone stopped to think that maybe Bruno has told smurf we need a few more players and smurf is backing him and it's not Smurfs idea??

Doesn't every club want a chairman who fully backs his manager? How is this something to moan about?

He keeps signing young, unproven players with the hope one of them will make him some money.

How many proven players do we have in this squad?

I know players don't need to be proven and may come good, but how likely is this?

I can't remember many young loanees we've had recently who've been much good.

At the very least he knows exactly what to expect in this league, being English. It doesn't matter who he is or how good he might or might not be unless we create chances for him, something we haven't done well in these first couple of games. I'd be tempted to throw him in this weekend but it would be somewhat unfair on our other forwards. What is important is that Bruno plays two up front at Vale Park and actually try to get on the front foot in games.

Alnwick

Purkiss

Streete

Smith

Knops

Thomas

Grant

Tavares

Foley

Hooper

Cicilla

Subs:

Boot

Mac-Intosch

Kiko?

Perreira

Mbamba

Forrester

Jones

:upthevale:

He keeps signing young, unproven players with the hope one of them will make him some money.

How many proven players do we have in this squad?

I know players don't need to be proven and may come good, but how likely is this?

I can't remember many young loanees we've had recently who've been much good.

I seem to remember a clamour for a Peterborough type model a few years ago. This doesn't seem so far off for me. Albeit with a few more foreign names.

Maybe you could ask your mates how to run a football club...oh yeah that's right. ..

Christ on a bike!

Well said mate. Having concerns about the current set up isn't moaning or whingeing, it's just having concerns. I will support anyone wearing a Vale shirt. I won't pick out one player a season to have a go at however he plays. I won't stayaway because I'm worried about the direction the club is taking. But I reserve the right to express my doubts and like you, I won't accept being told not to express them on here.

I seem to remember a clamour for a Peterborough type model a few years ago. This doesn't seem so far off for me. Albeit with a few more foreign names.

Maybe you could ask your mates how to run a football club...oh yeah that's right. ..

This is not the Peterborough model. Peterborough identified the best non- league and League 2 players and paid good money for them. Dwight Gayle - £500,000. Conor Washington - undisclosed 6 figure fee. Marcus Maddison - £250,000. Craig Makail-Smith - undisclosed 6 figure fee.

5 strikers with 65 english league game experience combined.

Its just a massive punt that Normans doing.

How can we really expect to be pushing near the top?

Surely anyone with half a brain can see that it is a huge gamble he is playing with our club, in the hope he gets a gem for millions.

Archived