onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tickets & travel: Bradford away

j_grainger10

Advert

Evening guys,

I've just been catching up on this thread.

Just to clarify a few things, really;

In relation to the 'increase in price', can I ask those who went to Valley Parade last season, what did you pay? Adults would have paid £25. The club have actually REDUCED ticket prices for this coming season, providing if they're purchased in advance. Hardly fleecing fans.

Now, with an away end that can accommodate 2,600 Valiants, it's far from financially benifitial to limit your traveling numbers. There WILL be fans who will be put off by the 'increase' in ticket price when purchasing on the day - so, with 3 days before the game, why would BCAFC limit all concerned by sending a measly 166 tickets? This is due to Vale, and Vale alone. As mentioned previously, Vale seemingly, haven't requested more due to the cost of potentially not selling all the tickets - as the next allocation increases massively. We've had this before with a number of clubs.

At the moment, you've only sold all available seats in the Upper Tier. The next allocation would be the entire lower tier.

So, if you had requested more tickets in addition to the second allocation, you would've received circa 700 tickets. Now given its taken you weeks to sell 800, Vale, IMO, have done the right thing. All unsold tickets still need to be paid for, given extra policing and stewarding would be required to police the lower tier.

How many more would you have realistically sold? I'm not attempting to be funny, but we're not Crewe. We're a club you're renowned for not travelling well too.

Anyways, enjoy the game.....but not too much.

Evening guys,

In relation to the 'increase in price', can I ask those who went to Valley Parade last season, what did you pay? Adults would have paid £25. The club have actually REDUCED ticket prices for this coming season, providing if they're purchased in advance. Hardly fleecing fans.

Now, with an away end that can accommodate 2,600 Valiants, it's far from financially benifitial to limit your traveling numbers. There WILL be fans who will be put off by the 'increase' in ticket price when purchasing on the day - so, with 3 days before the game, why would BCAFC limit all concerned by sending a measly 166 tickets? This is due to Vale, and Vale alone. As mentioned previously, Vale seemingly, haven't requested more due to the cost of potentially not selling all the tickets - as the next allocation increases massively. We've had this before with a number of clubs.

At the moment, you've only sold all available seats in the Upper Tier. The next allocation would be the entire lower tier.

So, if you had requested more tickets in addition to the second allocation, you would've received circa 700 tickets. Now given its taken you weeks to sell 800, Vale, IMO, have done the right thing. All unsold tickets still need to be paid for, given extra policing and stewarding would be required to police the lower tier.

How many more would you have realistically sold? I'm not attempting to be funny, but we're not Crewe. We're a club you're renowned for not travelling well too.

Pretty sure I found it stated somewhere (& quoted it all on this thread) already that tickets are on a sale & return basis, so the cost would be £0 for any unsold tickets (we always send any remaining unsold tickets back by at least 2pm Friday anyway), so it makes no sense whatsoever that we would request so little extra, & force our own fans to pay more on the day.

It actually makes more sense that BCFC would have refused us more tickets, so they could make more money off fans on the day. Also, you mention that requesting additional tickets would mean more policing etc for the lower tier, where are the pay on the day fans going to go then if we've already sold all of the upper tier?

As for numbers, had it stayed at £20, or had we gotten more tickets, I reckon about 1,250, but it's hard to guess with it being first day of the season.

All the best for the season, but I hope we stuff you on Saturday. :smile:

The thing that disappoints me is that the price had always been advertised as £20 until last week when they announced at very short notice that pay on the day was actually going to go up £25. This caused a spike in demand for advance tickets too late for any sort of proper planning.

I paid £25 last season to sit in that Lego stand and it was a rip off then. I was happy to see them lower their prices for this season but then they pull this last minute stunt. If you don't live or work near Vale and aren't able to pop into the ticket office during office hours a non match day then it seems that you're fair game to get fleeced for an extra fiver.

Just to add, I don't live locally and I didn't bother getting a ticket because as far as I was aware, it was £20 advance and £20 pay on the day. Fair enough.

By the time it was announced it was £25 pay on the day, it was too late and by the time I asked a mate to fetch me one, the meagre allocation had all been sold.

Had it been £20 / £25 from the start and advertised as such, I could have made arrangements to get an advance ticket much earlier.

So am I right now in assuming that those of us who haven't got tickets yet can pay on the day and will have to pay the full price(barring concessions). If, as suggested the top tier has been sold out that means pay on the day have to resort to the lower tier, or can we go into the small side stand section? The lower tier is awful for viewing and at full cost that adds to the aggravation! Better that we can opt to sit in the side stand where there are some facilities to make the experience that bit better?

Also do we pay at the turnstiles or is there a designated ticket office we go to first? I am usually able to obtain advance tickets but not so on this occasion.

Jacko I know you will have sorted your tickets wisely in advance but can you advise us that have to go on the day to sort out our seats? Cheers in advance of any useful pointers.

Just to add, I don't live locally and I didn't bother getting a ticket because as far as I was aware, it was £20 advance and £20 pay on the day. Fair enough.

By the time it was announced it was £25 pay on the day, it was too late and by the time I asked a mate to fetch me one, the meagre allocation had all been sold.

Had it been £20 / £25 from the start and advertised as such, I could have made arrangements to get an advance ticket much earlier.

Stop moaning you ponce

So am I right now in assuming that those of us who haven't got tickets yet can pay on the day and will have to pay the full price(barring concessions). If, as suggested the top tier has been sold out that means pay on the day have to resort to the lower tier, or can we go into the small side stand section? The lower tier is awful for viewing and at full cost that adds to the aggravation! Better that we can opt to sit in the side stand where there are some facilities to make the experience that bit better?

Also do we pay at the turnstiles or is there a designated ticket office we go to first? I am usually able to obtain advance tickets but not so on this occasion.

Jacko I know you will have sorted your tickets wisely in advance but can you advise us that have to go on the day to sort out our seats? Cheers in advance of any useful pointers.

Normally when ive gone bradford in the past you pay cash at the turnstille and they give you your ticket as you go in as they normally say you have to sit on the seat that the ticket says. Also id imagine you would be in the lower tier aswell unless we sell out that with pay on the day people which i doubt we will.

Tickets not arrived. So either I pay on day and spend an extra 25 each before vale refund me or I'm hoping vale will find a way to reissue at ground. Pretty disappointing and could have been avoided with a tracking number. Complete failure.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Evening guys,

Hard to say with any absolute certainty who decided what in terms of the tickets. However, whoever has made the decision to limit pre sales tickets has very little knowledge of how many fans we take to away matches in certain circumstances. I understand why you've asked the question "how many more would you have realistically sold?" as you're only familiar with the odd 300, 500, 600 etc we usually take to you, mid season.

With the benefit of 30 years following the Vale, I could quite easily predict how many we're likely to take for any given away match in the run up to it. This one for instance. First game of the season, not a million miles away (regardless of previous followings) I could quite easily see us taking approx. 1200. This is especially the case if a lot of our fans were previously under the impression that pay on the day would be £20. Vale fans leave things to the last minute, we're renowned for it. This price hike will effect how many attend now, I'd imagine we'll around the 900 mark. Not bad, but could have been many more. Just seems so unnecessary really given the potential allocation we could have had.

Hard to say with any absolute certainty who decided what in terms of the tickets. However, whoever has made the decision to limit pre sales tickets has very little knowledge of how many fans we take to away matches in certain circumstances. I understand why you've asked the question "how many more would you have realistically sold?" as you're only familiar with the odd 300, 500, 600 etc we usually take to you, mid season.

With the benefit of 30 years following the Vale, I could quite easily predict how many we're likely to take for any given away match in the run up to it. This one for instance. First game of the season, not a million miles away (regardless of previous followings) I could quite easily see us taking approx. 1200. This is especially the case if a lot of our fans were previously under the impression that pay on the day would be £20. Vale fans leave things to the last minute, we're renowned for it. This price hike will effect how many attend now, I'd imagine we'll around the 900 mark. Not bad, but could have been many more. Just seems so unnecessary really given the potential allocation we could have had.

Soley, as a response to that last paragraph, Vale as a club know your support better than what we do, so it does beg the question as to why they didn't request more tickets.

This has only become an issue 2 days before the game itself - if you were running BCAFC, would you just send tickets across willi-nilli when the opposition fans have had weeks to purchase.

I'm gonna be biast on this occasion and suggests it's your own fault.

Tickets were £25 for away/home fans - and the club have reduced them when purchased in advance. This seemingly, has confused some of your fans as it appears that we're taking advantage; when infact Vale haven requested a sufficient enough amount of tickets well in advance.

Archived