onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tickets & travel: Bradford away

j_grainger10

It is also the same for non ST holder home fans. 20 quid before Friday 25 after that
I suppose most home fans will have bought by Friday so easier to plan the catering to keep the home fans happy, i.e. enough pies. But in the case of away fans catering levels will have to be estimated on previous take-up.

Advert

I suppose most home fans will have bought by Friday so easier to plan the catering to keep the home fans happy, i.e. enough pies. But in the case of away fans catering levels will have to be estimated on previous take-up.

The catering at Bradford is one of the worst I’ve had the pleasure of experiencing anyway.

Not unless the club providing the tickets only supply a limited amount.
It would have to be agreed by both clubs, the Vale could then declare that the away club were refusing to meet demand, whereas currently the Vale have to purchase tickets in advance not on a sale or return basis.

It would have to be agreed by both clubs, the Vale could then declare that the away club were refusing to meet demand, whereas currently the Vale have to purchase tickets in advance not on a sale or return basis.

Im not sure about that but if we only requested 166 tickets after selling out 700 then I would be very surprised.

From what I understand it is us who have to request more tickets from Bradford. However we then have to guarantee this tickets and pay for them all.. So if we request another 500 the club has to pay for 500 even if they only sell 200

Highly unlikely surely? Premier League clubs do this so they can sell any unallocated away seats to home fans but Bradford will not be selling tickets in the Away Stand to home fans so what is the problem. Also, if they are selling to away fans on the day, why can't they sell in advance? I was at the ticket office this morning and a bloke who had arrived for Bradford tickets after the sell out was told that it will only be 20 quid on the gate. Perhaps worth ringing Bradford to get clarification if anyone is planning on paying on the day.

Got this from the Bradford forum:

http://www.efl.com/global/section5.aspx

Clubs are required to sell tickets for their away matches if required to do so by the Home Club and similarly Home Clubs are required to supply tickets for their Home Matches to the Away Club for sale by the Away Club to its supporters if so requested by the Away Club. These tickets are to be made available on a sale or return basis and must be ordered by the Away Club at least five weeks before the League Match to which they relate. The Home Club must deliver those tickets to the Away Club at the latest four weeks before the League Match to which they relate. Where any match is arranged at shorter notice the above steps shall be taken as soon as is reasonably practicable. Visiting Supporters should also have the same opportunity to take advantage of pre-booking discounts that apply to home supporters.

Also sale or return basis means (I'm learning this so didn't know much about it really) an arrangement by which a purchaser takes a quantity of goods with the right of returning surplus goods without payment.

So, if I'm interpreting this correctly, we don't have to pay for any tickets we don't sell, so why would we request just 166 more? Surely it's down to Bradford who have given us the bare minimum extra, in the hope that the rest will pay on the day & have to pay more (which will actually put people off).

Archived