onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tickets & travel: Bradford away

j_grainger10

Advert

Morning all. Bantam & food writer here.

Be daft not to sample a Bradford curry when you pass through. Here's a guide:

http://www.theskinny.co.uk/food-and-drink/features/where-to-find-the-best-curry-in-bradford

And some beer stuff for those seeking refreshment, a short walk to/from the ground:

http://wp.me/p3Rnlb-2Yu

Chin chin.

eatingthenorth.com // food & stuff

Do they sell beer in the away end?

Sadly not.

Given the stand has an open concourse, with clear view of play, this is the reason why the current away end doesn't sell beer.

If you manage to sell 1500, and the overflow is required, yes, you'll be able to sup **** warm bottle of Carlsberg for only £4.00.

Ive been bradford away 6 times and this will be the 7th but ive never been to huddesfield. I know we have taken 4000 to huddesfield in the past but that was in 1998. The last time we played huddesfield when we came from 3 1 down to win 4 3 in the cup in 2008 we took 1033 but most of the time we only take about 500 to bradford.

Which curry houses are open for dinner? Does anyone do rice and three?

If by "dinner" you mean from 12ish and not the posh word for "tea", I imagine most will be open for pre-match sustenance.

If you want to be near the ground you could try: Sultans (never been but hear good things) Pakeezah (the cafe on Manningham Lane)

Sweet Centre (local institution)

Westgate or the adjoined Sheesh Mehal (a stone's throw from the New Beehive - formerly an ace boozer, now a tad dated)

Other options away from the 'top of town' would include The International (my fave), the Kashmir or Karachi. All a 5 minute taxi to the ground. All unique in their own way...

Any pub suggestions, millario? The Sparrow is my personal favourite from last season, but it's often been a fruitless exercise trying to find other good pubs on previous visits.

Sparrow's my fave, too, along with the Record Cafe just over the road & up a few doors.

'The Peacock' opened recently, just opposite the Sparra again, & has an Indian theme so not just 'another craft beer' joint. Good snacky food.

There are some good old-school, no-frill boozers knocking around too. I like the Lord Clyde, who knock pints of Saltaire ale out for about £2.50. Taxi's about 4 quid to the ground.

A bit further out you've got the Fighting Cock or in the other direction The Corn Dolly. In addition to their larger pub near North Parade; Bradford Brewery have added a pop-up in the centre called 'Made of Bradford'. It's on Ivegate which is pretty central.

Depends where you're getting into Bradford, really.

I was there a few seasons ago I thought we took about 1200 maybe more could be wrong. We lost 2-1 I think, Micky Adams days, there was a good video on youtube of the steino song at half time on the concourse. **** result, great day out.

If you're talking about the same video as I think you're talking about, the lad that originally posted it titled it "Stevo is a tosser". Probably wasn't born when the incident occurred that brought about that song.

That particular game though was in our promotion season, when we won 1-0. Pope scored in a proper smash and grab. Official number was around 600 for that game, but looked more.

If you're talking about the same video as I think you're talking about, the lad that originally posted it titled it "Stevo is a tosser". Probably wasn't born when the incident occurred that brought about that song.

That particular game though was in our promotion season, when we won 1-0. Pope scored in a proper smash and grab. Official number was around 600 for that game, but looked more.

661 was the official number i thought around 800 went at the time.

Does anyone know if away fans can pre-book tickets at £20 and pick them up on the day-i live closer to Bradford that i do to Vale Park!

You might be able order over the phone and have them posted out by vale but there could be a charge for postage i doubt bradford sell tickets for away fans from there ticket office in advance.

Archived