onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tickets & travel: Bradford away

j_grainger10

In a nutshell, we're getting there.

The vast majority of our supporters are relishing a new brand of football, and although our new owners are seemingly happy enough to throw the cash about, this season could simply be a year of transition and stability.

A lot has gone on at City since losing to Millwall in the play-offs. I'm not sure how closely you lot have been following shenanigans, but all of our back room staff have done the dirty and followed suit with Parky (5 in total). We have new owners. The legend is back. We've reverted back to stripes. Various new sponsorships deal - inc stadium rights...oh, and the away end has new signage. :D

We've signed 7 players in total so far, with another 5 expected to be signed before the window closes.

That being said, it's difficult to predict what starting XI and formation is going to be, but currently, it looks like this;-

Colin Doyle

Darby - McArdle - NKP - Meredith

Dieng - Vincelot

Morais - Law - Anderson

Hiwula/Hanson

-------

You'll be pleased to know that we have our injury troubles, also. Darby and McArdle in defence will miss the start of the season. Of which paves the way for Tony McMahon and Nathan Clarke respectively.

I notice yous have signed a fair few foreign players - always a risk, but an exciting prospect.

Yes we have signed some quality foreign players that like to keep possession and knock the ball about but still look a bit toothless up front and have picked up a few injuries to old and new players

Don't think we can predict which team he is going to pick against you as in most friendlies he's used two different teams, we should know more on Saturday when we play a Man U XL and Sunday away to Sheff Wed where he has said he will give most players 90 mins

We are also looking to sign 1 maybe 2 more players with the rumour that Popey maybe returning from Bury....mm we shall see

good luck for the new season...but not against us!!

Advert

I'm going. Got my train tickets a couple of weeks back. 16 quid return.

How did you get it that cheap mate? I've got it £9.90 return to Piccadilly and £12.20 from Victoria to Bradford?! Is it Bradford Interchange the station you get off there end?

In a nutshell, we're getting there.

The vast majority of our supporters are relishing a new brand of football, and although our new owners are seemingly happy enough to throw the cash about, this season could simply be a year of transition and stability.

A lot has gone on at City since losing to Millwall in the play-offs. I'm not sure how closely you lot have been following shenanigans, but all of our back room staff have done the dirty and followed suit with Parky (5 in total). We have new owners. The legend is back. We've reverted back to stripes. Various new sponsorships deal - inc stadium rights...oh, and the away end has new signage. :D

We've signed 7 players in total so far, with another 5 expected to be signed before the window closes.

That being said, it's difficult to predict what starting XI and formation is going to be, but currently, it looks like this;-

Colin Doyle

Darby - McArdle - NKP - Meredith

Dieng - Vincelot

Morais - Law - Anderson

Hiwula/Hanson

-------

You'll be pleased to know that we have our injury troubles, also. Darby and McArdle in defence will miss the start of the season. Of which paves the way for Tony McMahon and Nathan Clarke respectively.

I notice yous have signed a fair few foreign players - always a risk, but an exciting prospect.

Yes to many foreigners for my likening, but some will be good and some will be cr ap. The Bookies expect us finish Bottom 4 quite comfortably and i see they expect you finish top 4. We've only sold about 2300 season tickets, so as you can imagine a lot Vale fans don't feel to confident for the upcoming season.

The last time i visited Bradford we lost 3-2, and i was still at school so it was about 1993/94, and we were on the side that day.

As for next Saturday,id take a draw now, as its probably the hardest first away game we could of had.

Good Evening,

As per the previous posts, ticket prices have been reduced for away fans this season - 100% the right thing to do, £25 to watch a L1 fixture is ridiculous.

In addition, you'll be allocated the double decker Dallas, Bradford End. Capacity is circa 1800, but only 1500 tickets are made available. We have an over flow in the Midland Road stand, of which means you can have upto 2,600. I think it's fair to say that you'll be able to POTD without worry.

It'll be great to see a decent away following at VP! Attendance will be around 18500.

Depends what you class as a decent following were only a small club who normally brings 400 or so to bradford so im only expecting 800 at most to go.

How did you get it that cheap mate? I've got it £9.90 return to Piccadilly and £12.20 from Victoria to Bradford?! Is it Bradford Interchange the station you get off there end?

Possibly because we got group ticket and it was booked a couple of weeks ago.

Depends what you class as a decent following were only a small club who normally brings 400 or so to bradford so im only expecting 800 at most to go.

Definitely be 1k there. We usually have great away followings. First game at a decent ground with our new signings. There will be at least 1k

Forster Square is slightly nearer to Valley Parade but not by that much. The Interchange is the mainline station and still very walkable to the ground, albeit uphill.

Northern Duos are also available to buy at the station. If you're hopping across town from Piccadilly to Victoria, my recommended route is via the Northern Quarter and it's mix of real ale pubs and hipster bars serving craft beers.

Oh and your ticket will get checked on your way out of Manchester Piccadilly so you can't wag it like you used to be able to.

If we only take 800, for the first game with a new manager and players that would be shocking. God what has happened to the Vale from the 90's when we took thousands everywhere.

i'd expect at least 1,000, new season, new beginnings, new player's, new manager, new excitement, i dont go a great deal of away game's, im going because i always attend the first game of the season no matter where it is. !

Archived