onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Chris Birchall

Twitters

Advert

If there is one player who doesn't change games then its birchall. He doesn't run at defenders either... A good servant for the club but realistically he's not been good enough for about 3 years. Certainly not a league 1 player.

Have you ever watched the Vale?

Have you ever watched the Vale?

Yes basically every game the last few years thank you very much. He could do a job when your winning, but changing a game, no chance. As I say hes not been a league 1 player for years now if you disagree then fair enough but I have seen him more than enough to form that view.

Chris Birchall has been a good servant for Vale and a valuable squad member for the last couple of seasons. I think he is now past his sell by date. I wish him well. Like others I am confused by the Twitter messages. Why on earth would Rob Page allow him to have half a game for fitness when he has no intention of signing? That really does stretch credulity beyond reasonable expectations. Northampton would want to use their slots to raise fitness of their own players or to have a look at someone as a possible signing, no other reason. Chris now has his media degree and that could well be how his career develops, but beware of the messages being sent out on Twitter. That warning applies to lots of people of course, not just Chris.

Isn't this the bad side of the internet? Chris Birchall was a reasonable player for the Vale who, let's not forget, offered to play for free in the admin era. A superstar, no but a reliable and committed player.

Now people think it's OK to denigrate him just because they can, from the ease of their armchair and the anonymity of the internet.

How many would have written to the club or the Sentinel to vent their opinions? I'm guessing very few.

It seems a shame to me that a decent guy like him cops this rubbish off people.

Isn't this the bad side of the internet? Chris Birchall was a reasonable player for the Vale who, let's not forget, offered to play for free in the admin era. A superstar, no but a reliable and committed player.

Now people think it's OK to denigrate him just because they can, from the ease of their armchair and the anonymity of the internet.

How many would have written to the club or the Sentinel to vent their opinions? I'm guessing very few.

Spot on. He wasn't half as bad as some on here make out and in no way deserves the nasty **** that some like to hurl at him.

Fair post.

He's done ok for us, jumped ship as soon as he could but did earn us a bit of money and did make the offer of paying for free.

Still all very odd the situation with Page.

I'm afraid that's the way it is Smithie. Most have very short memories.

Not at all the bad side of the internet, i'd say if anything, because you don't like people's opinions your marking them down as they are the 'bad side of the internet', imo, he was rubbish, i have no particular memories of chris birchall doing anything in a vale shirt, and the reason's people wouldn't write to the sentinel is because it's quicker to write it on here, hey i just remembered it is a forum after all, where your allowed to put your opinion? :smile:

Archived