onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Party leaders

tommytunstall

I was quite aware of this but thought it might be a good thing for a few other people to remember a mother and wife taken in the prime of life, and that this hardly compares to a cheapbags at dawn (possible publicity stunt) that hardly matters. The grinning publicity-loving Mr Woolfe pictured today hardly seems to have been seriously hurt after all, but the violence and where it came from are important.

you said 'I dont remember similar posts after Jo Cox was murdered'. Then when 'similar posts' are pointed out to you, you come out with the above drivel '

Are we really meant to take you seriously?

Advert

Think you need to smell the coffee If Corbynstarts to make inroads into Conservative voters I would be happy, but the electorate are not fools, so be preparedLabour to spend a longtime in opposition.

I was quite aware of this but thought it might be a good thing for a few other people to remember a mother and wife taken in the prime of life, and that this hardly compares to a cheapbags at dawn (possible publicity stunt) that hardly matters. The grinning publicity-loving Mr Woolfe pictured today hardly seems to have been seriously hurt after all, but the violence and where it came from are important.

Think you need to smell the coffee If Corbynstarts to make inroads into Conservative voters I would be happy, but the electorate are not fools, so be preparedLabour to spend a longtime in opposition.

I beg to differ. A considerable number of the electorate are fools. For example, the ones that took notice of the £350 million a week propaganda lie in the fantasy vote and aren't even asking where the money is.

you said 'I dont remember similar posts after Jo Cox was murdered'. Then when 'similar posts' are pointed out to you, you come out with the above drivel '

Are we really meant to take you seriously?

It's up to you whether you take my posts seriously or not (and I am not too bothered either way) - but please behave and note the rules and do not refer to the poster but the posts.

Other people on here play their own games far more often (some nearly every post), so from time to time I will too if I feel inclined to, though I will say that it is both insulting and unseemly to compare a murder by a maniac with a pair of overgrown fascist UKIP schoolgirls having a handbag spat as 'similar posts'.

It will be a very long time with a policy that includes borrowing £500 billion and having no restrictions on immigration.It'sback to the future with Jezza and Co.

Same old.

I don't think it does anybody's argument any good, JA. I view myself as more left than right but I find some of the comments online "in support" of Corbyn utterly appalling. Oddly, I've never heard such invective in everyday conversation with Labour voters, of which I know many.

Most labour voters that I have talked to are distraught at what they see happening to a once great party.

You are of course correct..the electorate as a whole are not fools.

I sort of admire Labour for presenting some real alternatives no matter how unrealistic they are but to do so whilst in the same breath talking about being in power is almost delusional.

Their best chance is that the govt completely messes up Brexit meaning a massive swing from the Conservatives as a protest vote but even then their leadership and policies need to resonate with the electorate...even the foolish ones

Baroness Chakrabarti on Peston on Sunday When it was put to her she could be branded a hypocrite because she sends her son to an £18,000 a year private school, the Labour peer said: "I live a charmed and privileged life, much more now than I ever did when I was a child, but people on the left have often had charmed and privileged lives.

"I live in a nice big house, and eat nice food, and my neighbours are homeless, and go to food banks. Does that make me a hypocrite, or does it make me someone who is trying to do best, not just for my own family, but for other people's families too?

So in other words don't do as I do, do as I say.

This BBC news item probably won't please Nige and the punch and judy / sooty and sweep / racist rabble show much either ;-

from BBC website today -

Thursday's incident is being investigated by UKIP and the European Parliament, where it has been announced the inquiry will be led by Conservative MEP Sajjad Karim.

Why do you keep banging on about the scum in Ukip and ignoring the questions I've posed to you about the equally reprehensible anti-semitic activities being carried on in Momentum disguised as the Labour party? There are equally nasty personnel in virtually all the political parties (possibly with the exception of The Greens--who appear to be on a different planet)so make sure look at your own 'greenhouse' before throwing too many stones!

Baroness Chakrabarti on Peston on Sunday When it was put to her she could be branded a hypocrite because she sends her son to an £18,000 a year private school, the Labour peer said: "I live a charmed and privileged life, much more now than I ever did when I was a child, but people on the left have often had charmed and privileged lives.

"I live in a nice big house, and eat nice food, and my neighbours are homeless, and go to food banks. Does that make me a hypocrite, or does it make me someone who is trying to do best, not just for my own family, but for other people's families too?

So in other words don't do as I do, do as I say.

They don't get it do they.

• 1 month later...

I don't think too much can be read into the Richmond by-election directly. The Torries did not stand. Goldsmith set himself up as a quadrupple target for protest voters. He was racist during the mayoral election. He resigned pointlessly causing an election when he could have just voted against Heathrow etc. In Parliament defying the whip. He was targeted by Heathrow protestors as part of the Government even though he wasn't. And finally the 48% or rather 70% plus in Richmond needed to protest against Brexit. So the Conservatives didn't lose but will have learned of their potential vulnerabilities. Labour got smashed to bits, but it looks like the Liberals will do more if that.

I don't think too much can be read into the Richmond by-election directly. The Torries did not stand. Goldsmith set himself up as a quadrupple target for protest voters. He was racist during the mayoral election. He resigned pointlessly causing an election when he could have just voted against Heathrow etc. In Parliament defying the whip. He was targeted by Heathrow protestors as part of the Government even though he wasn't. And finally the 48% or rather 70% plus in Richmond needed to protest against Brexit. So the Conservatives didn't lose but will have learned of their potential vulnerabilities. Labour got smashed to bits, but it looks like the Liberals will do more if that.

Looks like voters are now splitting into brexit/non-brexit supporters and the usual party political lines in the current febrile atmosphere are certainly becoming more blurred!

I don't think too much can be read into the Richmond by-election directly.... So the Conservatives didn't lose but will have learned of their potential vulnerabilities. Labour got smashed to bits, but it looks like the Liberals will do more if that.

So on one hand you can't take anything negative regarding the tories from their defeat but you can take a negative for Labour (and a prediction of their future results) from something you "don't think too much can be read in to". Ok.

Well done on managing not to mention communists, militant or what you do for a living though.

Archived