onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Party leaders

tommytunstall

Advert

I don't think too much can be read into the Richmond by-election directly. The Torries did not stand. Goldsmith set himself up as a quadrupple target for protest voters. He was racist during the mayoral election. He resigned pointlessly causing an election when he could have just voted against Heathrow etc. In Parliament defying the whip. He was targeted by Heathrow protestors as part of the Government even though he wasn't. And finally the 48% or rather 70% plus in Richmond needed to protest against Brexit. So the Conservatives didn't lose but will have learned of their potential vulnerabilities. Labour got smashed to bits, but it looks like the Liberals will do more if that.
Is there not one less Conservative MP now?

• 1 month later...

JC has a novel idea (and I don't mean an idea for a new book)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38568116

Personally I think the better approach is to start form the bottom up..create an environment where the lower paid are paid more. Plus it would be just about unworkable as organisations would surely find way to pay their top earners "in kind" or shuffle the money overseas where there was no limit.

Linking top earners and lowest earners in an organisation is worth a look but again organisations will just find ways round it to attract and keep the top talent.

Can't disagree JA.

Corbyn thought doesn't seem able to galvanise opposition to the government. I would have thought that he'd be hammering away at the dreadful state of the NHS under Hunt. That's a free shot at goal they've given him, but instead he changes the subject and talks largely about high pay and immigration. As we've said before, all governments need a strong opposition to make them accountable but Corbyn's leadership qualities are zero.

Can't disagree JA.

Corbyn thought doesn't seem able to galvanise opposition to the government. I would have thought that he'd be hammering away at the dreadful state of the NHS under Hunt. That's a free shot at goal they've given him, but instead he changes the subject and talks largely about high pay and immigration. As we've said before, all governments need a strong opposition to make them accountable but Corbyn's leadership qualities are zero.

One of the issues re the NHS is Labour doesn't have an alternative other than throw more money at it...reform is what's needed, not simply more cash (that's a sticking plaster). Personally I think the idea of taking decision making re the NHS away from govt and funding it via separate specific taxation should be explored...try to take the politics out of the NHS...let the people decide what they want from the NHS, tell them how much it will cost and what the tax implications will be then just do it if they still want it..there will be losers and winners but there always will be.

JC has a novel idea (and I don't mean an idea for a new book)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38568116

Personally I think the better approach is to start form the bottom up..create an environment where the lower paid are paid more. Plus it would be just about unworkable as organisations would surely find way to pay their top earners "in kind" or shuffle the money overseas where there was no limit.

Linking top earners and lowest earners in an organisation is worth a look but again organisations will just find ways round it to attract and keep the top talent.

Corbyn thinks some footballers are earning crazy money,he didn't say where the cap should be set but said it would be 'somewhat higher' than the £138,000 he earns.

He made no attempt to hide his distaste for the megabucks salaries of the Premiership elite, comparing them to big business bosses who earn "utterly ridiculous" sums.

This policy should see the the back of all the PL mercenaries.

One of the issues re the NHS is Labour doesn't have an alternative other than throw more money at it...reform is what's needed, not simply more cash (that's a sticking plaster). Personally I think the idea of taking decision making re the NHS away from govt and funding it via separate specific taxation should be explored...try to take the politics out of the NHS...let the people decide what they want from the NHS, tell them how much it will cost and what the tax implications will be then just do it if they still want it..there will be losers and winners but there always will be.

You've only got to mention PFI to the Labour critics JH and they soon shut up.

Corbyn thinks some footballers are earning crazy money,he didn't say where the cap should be set but said it would be 'somewhat higher' than the £138,000 he earns.

He made no attempt to hide his distaste for the megabucks salaries of the Premiership elite, comparing them to big business bosses who earn "utterly ridiculous" sums.

This policy should see the the back of all the PL mercenaries.

This is a good example why JC will never be prime minister in my lifetime ,there are far more serious important things wrong with our corrupt criminal society than footballers pay.the whole of football and the cancer of betting firms entrenched in it on a daily basis is one example , just watch the commercials on sky encouraging people to bet on corners , results,goals and bookings etc WAKE UP JEREMY AND SMELL THE COFFEE !!

This is a good example why JC will never be prime minister in my lifetime ,there are far more serious important things wrong with our corrupt criminal society than footballers pay.the whole of football and the cancer of betting firms entrenched in it on a daily basis is one example , just watch the commercials on sky encouraging people to bet on corners , results,goals and bookings etc WAKE UP JEREMY AND SMELL THE COFFEE !!

There are far more important things than Sky promoting betting firms/sites.

However, I agree that JC seems to be focussing on the wrong things..he seems more interested in appealing to his supporters and a narrow range of issues than dealing with the nation's real issues. He still comes across as someone who should be leading a pressure/campaign group rather than her majesty's opposition.

Can't disagree JA.

THIS! You need to be his strategist as he's completely lost presently.

THIS! You need to be his strategist as he's completely lost presently.

Hes a bloke in the wrong job should be a history teacher in a local school.

The Labour Party is finished in it current state unless they can get Farage to become there leader at least he focuses on things that win votes and hes mates with Trump who in turn is friends with the most shrewd intelligent world leader we have on the planet at the moment!

Hes a bloke in the wrong job should be a history teacher in a local school.

The Labour Party is finished in it current state unless they can get Farage to become there leader at least he focuses on things that win votes and hes mates with Trump who in turn is friends with the most shrewd intelligent world leader we have on the planet at the moment!

Trump is friends with Bill English?

Archived