onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vote: Next Port Vale manager

robf

Who do you think should take over as the replacement for the departed Rob Page? Scroll down to submit your vote. Please note the vote may take a moment to appear. Next Port Vale manager? Who should replace Rob Page as Port Vale manager? Please note that due to space we haven’t listed every candidate […]

More...

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED FEED OF A STORY FROM THE OVF FRONTPAGE

Advert

Gareth Ainsworth

Good shout. Sorry I couldn't include all options in the poll - it would have been too long if I'd put all options in.

To a poster further down - Ainsworth has worked wonders with arguably even more budget restrictions than Vale currently have. I don't think that would be a barrier for him.

To even vote for Michael Brown is gambling with the football club.

At least the others like Rosler and Adkins have had success in their managerial career.

Brown is a complete guess of which there is no evidence at all that he would be the right man other than he kicked a football for our club.

To even vote for Michael Brown is gambling with the football club.

At least the others like Rosler and Adkins have had success in their managerial career.

Brown is a complete guess of which there is no evidence at all that he would be the right man other than he kicked a football for our club.

I agree it's a gamble, but so was Page and that turned out alright. I see merit in the other more experienced options (I would like Coleman as an experienced manager) but I like Brown and have always liked his intelligence as a footballer (even though he occasionally went off the handle back in the day). He's got pedigree playing at all levels, will likely have some good contacts in the game and can promote continuity at the club which could help entice some of the out of contract players to return, not all of them hopefully.

I see you're not interested in taking a risk, but there's probably more people like me out there who are willing to take a calculated risk on someone less experienced. Managers with no experience have done well before and will do so in the future.

Having an experienced manager is a risk... gannon

Having an inexperienced manager is a risk... glover

I think what vale need is someone [like someone said previously] who plays exciting football, gets the fans on the edge of their seats... but its a risk... especially if it isnt utalised by the backroom bods to generate interest and income... we need a bloody good shake to get us out of this melancholic lethargy we seem to have fallen into.

Geo, I think I agree with you in that it is far more important that we find someone who fits the ethos of the club, and understands Port Vale and the style of play fans are after. Whether that person is experienced or not, matters very little to me.

Archived