onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 0 = Burton A 4 - Post match moans!

Caz or caz123

Simply outclassed by a better team in all departments. It's no accident they are top. Well organised and they gave us no time on the ball. They did their homework and froze us out of midfield.

The only other team to dominate like that at Vale Park was Milwall.

Truth is we would be out of our depth in the Championship. We lack physical and skillful fowards to make that work. Robinson is not even worthy of this level. A disappointing signing.

Annoyed by the Lorne St fan calling them sh**. He obviously didn't watch them fight from 0 2 down last week.

Onwards and upwards for Shrewsbury.

Advert

This result certainly puts things into perspective. Only two seasons ago we beat Burton 7-1 which raises the obvious question, which team has progressed the most since then? On only a fraction of our attendances and budget, they look so much better and today they've certainly taught us a thing or two.

It's really an unacceptable result when so many had turned up. I was hoping for a good display after last week's fantastic recovery but it's just about what we have become used to. If we get a change of ownership, I just hope we get someone with the footballing nous to put things right on and off the pitch.

Looking at today's result, at least we have the consolation that even on our limited resources, we can do much better.

Shocking performance all over the pitch, defending was abysmal, midfield outplayed and overrun and the forward play like usual leaves a lot to be desired.

The opening 20 minutes was pretty even, neither team really on top, Hooper should have put us a goal up when clean through and made a complete mess of it.

We then concede an awful goal for the first and the second was just as bad. The third just after half time ended any contest as we were never going to get back into it after that and once they went 4 up they just eased off.

The first decent crowd we have for a number of months and the players completely let us down, those people that came back today will not return in a hurry no matter what they have to pay next time.

Last season watching us get a good spanking from Bristol City I thought we were at least two Divisions behind them , yet they have struggled a bit in the championship. I just think we need to take on board the lessons we have been taught today and move on , they are a team and all credit to them I will look on in envy to see how they get on in the championship .

dont understand why the fans are so negative, playoffs are always going to be hard to make, if we dont get it, o well, vale have still done extremely well to be in this position with games left, we just need to sort the clubs problems out before the start of the next season and go at it again and aim higher.

i dont understand how "fans" can be negative about wanting to get promoted or even trying... even if we went up and went back down who cares, it would still be great for the club, the only thing that can kill progress is the budget, like i said SORT IT OUT!

to smurf if you are going to keep the club back it, if your going to sell it, then sell it, we dont need a owner who doesnt love the club.

Simply outclassed by a better team in all departments. It's no accident they are top. Well organised and they gave us no time on the ball. They did their homework and froze us out of midfield.

The only other team to dominate like that at Vale Park was Milwall.

Truth is we would be out of our depth in the Championship. We lack physical and skillful fowards to make that work. Robinson is not even worthy of this level. A disappointing signing.

Annoyed by the Lorne St fan calling them sh**. He obviously didn't watch them fight from 0 2 down last week.

Onwards and upwards for Shrewsbury.

Ridiculous to compare the current squads ability to compete in the championship, as Vale would release at least eight players and rebuild.Burton will be straight back down,mark my words.A step too far for what is still in many ways a non league outfit.

Best team i've seen since Millwall, but still think they'll struggle in the Championship.

Poor as we were there was still opportunities and we missed them.

Own goal just on half time killed it, and the ground half emptied after the 3rd.

We badly miss a goal scorer and have all season, bring on Shrewsbury.

Embarracing performance plus i had to fall out with some moron in Lorne street then my wife picked us up with ten mins of match left only for some Asian fat lad not let us off the car park cus apparently the away coaches were supposed leave before cars allowed to and after a ten min shouting match he said ok we can go now! Club is a joke from top to bottom.

Archived