onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

SmurfWatch

Eddie Hitler

How would owner be recieved on this site if instant success was not achieved.???.would they be driven away,as per our present owner!!! Or maybe a panel of o.v.f. Pundits to guide them on a successful road.just a thought as some appear to have all the answer,talk is cheap

Advert

Is it genuinely the case that this 25 year lease only kicks in when he sells the club? I downloaded documents from the land registry a while back (when all the stuff with Alchemy Land and Wildes was happening) and it mentioned a 25 year lease which started in November 2012 - the completion date of the takeover.
Would make sense for it to kick in when the ground was split from the FC, presumably about the above date. But in 2037 the covenant would run out and the right to play football at VP would also run out. Academic probably, but splitting the ground off is always a worry, even if mainly done to protect assets in case of admin. A well run club will generate a fair bit of income from the ground, to support the football income, and stabilise it. I would not consider buying just the club unless things were desperate.

The split was done at the point of purchase. Bob Young sold the football club and the ground to two separate companies.

Forgive my naivety but I thought that the administrators were charged with getting the best deal for the club. If this true I don't believe it was in the best interests of the Vale and it's supporters.

Forgive my naivety but I thought that the administrators were charged with getting the best deal for the club. If this true I don't believe it was in the best interests of the Vale and it's supporters.

Are they not charged with getting the best deal for the creditors ?

I'm probably being thick but if we rent the ground does all the income from food and drinks sales go to who we rent the ground off or do the football club organise and get the profits from that part of it i.e is it only the bricks and mortar we rent. Also is the pitch part of the football clubs responsibility or is it the stadium owners ?

As far as I'm concerned it's pointless worrying about something that you can't change or alter ,what will be will be.Bolton and Bury are in a far worse state than us and I dare bet there are a couple of dozen others who are at the point of panic so just sit back and let things take their course .

Ordinarily, yes you are correct but the administrators didn't do that when Valiant 2001 took over as from memory they said that a football club was a special case. I could be wrong of course.

The administrators can't change the laws of the land. The only way the rights of the creditors could be changed is if the creditors agree to it.

I'm probably being thick but if we rent the ground does all the income from food and drinks sales go to who we rent the ground off or do the football club organise and get the profits from that part of it i.e is it only the bricks and mortar we rent. Also is the pitch part of the football clubs responsibility or is it the stadium owners ?

No what Vale make in the grounds is there's I'd imagine(unless it's agreed otherwise in the lease or rental agreement?). That's like a shop keeper having to pay a percentage of what he/she sell to the landlord. I'd be surprised if that happens too much unless someone has a problem paying their rent and they come to an agreement like that. The only industry I can think of where it does happen more is the pub trade as a lot of breweries tend to do that.

No what Vale make in the grounds is there's I'd imagine(unless it's agreed otherwise in the lease or rental agreement?). That's like a shop keeper having to pay a percentage of what he/she sell to the landlord. I'd be surprised if that happens too much unless someone has a problem paying their rent and they come to an agreement like that. The only industry I can think of where it does happen more is the pub trade as a lot of breweries tend to do that.

Thanks it's me and my conspiracy theories as I thought perhaps Smurf had run down the tea bars side thinking a potential buyer would see the lack of income against stadium costs and wouldn't be interested in having the stadium.

It depends what is owned by whom and what agreement is reached

Thanks it's me and my conspiracy theories as I thought perhaps Smurf had run down the tea bars side thinking a potential buyer would see the lack of income against stadium costs and wouldn't be interested in having the stadium.

I doubt a new owner would have any choice but to rent the ground, unless they are planning to build a new one. It would depend on what of the ground is included in the deal, all or just part... are there just 2 companies owning the entirety?... or more?

I actually like Smuf as I have said before he is our version of Jose. Its a shame that he wants to go, but at the end of the day the bloke does not seem to understand football. Fans will hate you when things go wrong and love you when they go right. That's football.

I really do not understand how he can be a millionaire at times as the food situation (food was how he made his money) is daft. We lose so much money, because there is not enough pies etc. He wants them to be fresh but then runs out. How about selling fresh first half and if they start to run out get the frozen ones in the ovens. The money is there to be made.

Most people that run a club at the top end, either love the game and the club or see it as a way of not paying tax as they can waste it on a toy (the club) There are not many out there that make money, its the modern game for you.

I hope that if the stories are true about potential buyers, that they are passionate about football and know that its something that you have to throw money at and there is little thanks, unless you are winning of course.

Norman explaining the football league INSISTS that if the club is sold seperately from the ground it will trigger a 25 year lease at a set rent.

Already putting the feelers out there to supporters so it comes as no big shock.

All part of the chairmans masterplan.

In my opinion this was all planned from day 1.

25 years worth of rent whilst he retires cosily on the south coast.

Nice life, if you can work on your own at a football club for a few years. Not have to answer to anyone. Subsidise transfers and manipulate fans into thinking the money you (or maybe not directly you) are putting in you dont want back.

Ive got to hand it to the chairman. He had me fooled.

I absolutely guarantee he will sell sooner rather than later and sadly because of this **** we will not own our ground.

Whilst i was a huge fan of Micky Adams i always knew that Micky Adams looked after Micky Adams. Sometimes our football suffered.

Unfortunately Norman Smurthwaites own ego is so much more inflated than Mickys and its the football CLUB that is to suffer.

Done us up like a kipper.

I think its you should get into the real world. Firstly, the rent is set below market rent. Secondly, he retired once and came out of retirement to run our club.There's no objective, hes already a multi-millionaire??

If anything, ask him, i am sure his health is worth far more than coining a crappy rent out of something that has cost him probably a million quid. A poor yield and he could have made far more investing in real property in the city with less stress.

He put on here and has publically stated is happy to sell all the club including the stadium, if someone can afford it, i would be more worried by the people buying the club WITHOUT the stadium, as if they clearly cannot finance the purchase of all the areas of the club, how are they going to invest in the squad????

Why is it his fault that we wont own our ground? We have never owned our own ground or did you forget the council wrote off a 2m quid loan that V2001 lumbered us with? Two charges , one by the bank and one by the council? Or did you mean we had a ground mortgaged to the hilt that they could have sold to anyone to recoup their money, with no football league covenant stopping them????If a buyer had the money they could have it all, my biggest concern is anyone who cant afford to buy the stadium shouldnt be allowed to buy the club.

Seeing as you like your FACTS, here's one for you Without smurf, we would have been a car park or supermarket.

Archived