onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cov 1 Vale 0

melv

We played well, and kept the best hit man in the division silent and can feel hard done too, put it in to perspective they had Joe Cole we had Colin Daniel. I expected a defeat and could of took it had we been poor or them superb so it was a bitter one as we gave it all and deserved some reward for that.

We are a striker short, do wonder if we would be better off points wise had Enoch not got crocked.

Spot on about the game,

Advert

Page won't be sacked because he can't be sacked, simple as that really. The players, most of them, seem to be mates with Page but that doesn't mean that he inspires or motivates them. He was the cheap option months ago and at the moment that looks like it could well backfire depending on how the next few months of the season go. Personally I think we'll be just about okay and stay in the league, but as a club Port Vale are going absolutely nowhere and are desperately in need of changes from top to bottom.

We are a striker short, do wonder if we would be better off points wise had Enoch not got crocked.

For all his pace he's hardly got a lot of assists or goals over the games he has played. He reminds me a bit of Lewis Haldane in that his pace can trouble and worry defences but has very little end product. The big difference is than Andoh is young and still has a lot of learning and improving to do in fairness, but I don't think he would have been worth many if any more points either.

We need a goal-scorer. The fact that Leitch-Smith is currently the closest we have to it say's everything about the way the club is going at the moment.

The big difference with Enoch is the support he gives to Dickinson and the fact he doesn't fall over at every available opportunity.

I don't deny he's a bit of a miss for the team. At this level pace will always cause trouble for the opposition. I just don't think he would guarantee us any extra points, and if so, certainly not many at all.

Think we played some nice neat football just need to open defences more and support AJ we seem to give the ball then sit rather than support especially when he runs out wide.

coventry blog on their website

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/thread...eport-huge-win!

and an extra one about our fans,

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/thread...Port-Vale-Fans

For all his pace he's hardly got a lot of assists or goals over the games he has played..

He'd just scored his first goal, so his confidence would probably have lifted his game. Defenders hated playing against him and he won a lot of free kicks. He undoubtedly caused the opposition problems, and we haven't looked as good in attack since he got injured. I think we've missed him a lot!

To be fair, the stewards don't help the matters by asking the fans to have a go. Their fans causing issues and the stewards going over and talking friendly to them and smiling. They walked over to someone who was complaining about how they were treating people and the stewards dragged him out.

Not saying that there were not idiots hell bent on causing trouble, as there was but there needs to be some consistency in how they manage people.

Game wise, I thought that we played well but the subs as normal came to late. We were crossing balls in at times and there was no one in the box. We need to stop this one up front. AJ is playing well, but Page is putting too much on him. He needs support for me. We have five in midfield, yet still lose it all the time in midfield. The lads did themselves proud, but we need to change the tactics.

Some idiotic behaviour in the ground then more in the car park at the end of the game. I just don't understand what they think they are achieving by it other than give the club a bad name?

There were a good number there that just seemed to want to cause trouble, you could see it building up throughout the second half. These idiots will not be there when we play Millwall in a few weeks time, they only come out for the close games. This will probably mean a larger Police bill in the Coventry game in a few weeks time.

Do we need a goal scorer? Nobody's missing any chances are they? When AJ gets a chance he's proved in the last two months he'll put it away as he nearly did the half chance he got today! For me its a creative player that we need more than a goal scorer! Just my humble opinion of cause!

Correct I've been saying for a few weeks we have two goal scorers but the supporting three in the system we are playing aren't creating and that's fundamental for me.

Another abject performance from Moore and Daniel and Foley went to sleep second half. We need to stop playing a system with wingers as we have loads but not one (Andoh aside) that is capable and we should look at something like 5-3-2 which shores us up at the back, allows our 3 midfield players to play together and gives some support in the form of a strike partner to AJLS.

Page's comments about Uche having these games to prove himself are more daft comments from the Welsh wizard if he's only going to give him 10 minutes here and there!

There were a good number there that just seemed to want to cause trouble, you could see it building up throughout the second half. These idiots will not be there when we play Millwall in a few weeks time, they only come out for the close games. This will probably mean a larger Police bill in the Coventry game in a few weeks time.

Completely agree, their behaviour trying to get at kids and corporate ticket holders today was just shameful and mindless. They are subhuman filth that are giving us decent fans a truly appalling reputation. The sooner they are expunged from PVFC for good the better.

I would love one of the filth bags to come on here and try and string two words together to defend their moronic actions....

To be fair, the stewards don't help the matters by asking the fans to have a go. Their fans causing issues and the stewards going over and talking friendly to them and smiling. They walked over to someone who was complaining about how they were treating people and the stewards dragged him out.

Not saying that there were not idiots hell bent on causing trouble, as there was but there needs to be some consistency in how they manage people.

Sorry that's utter horse ****, why were they trying to get at kids inside the ground.

Let's stop make no excuses for this filth and accept that the one common denominator in all of this are our morons. Bring a sympathiser and diverting the attention away from these scumbags does us no favours whatsoever.

Archived