onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

4 Points off the play offs

Mario

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Port-Vale-Carl-Dickinson-slams-ridiculous/story-28408856-detail/story.html

Well said Dicko, reading some of the comments on here you would think we were in Crewe's position, the professional moaners on here who like to make a name for themselves need to wobble their heads and realise we aint doing that bad, any one would have have grabbed at 4 points off the play offs at Christmas before the season started, SO put your self inflated ego's away and do what your supposed to do and support the Vale.:yes:

Advert

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Port-Vale-Carl-Dickinson-slams-ridiculous/story-28408856-detail/story.html

Well said Dicko, reading some of the comments on here you would think we were in Crewe's position, the professional moaners on here who like to make a name for themselves need to wobble their heads and realise we aint doing that bad, any one would have have grabbed at 4 points off the play offs at Christmas before the season started, SO put your self inflated ego's away and do what your supposed to do and support the Vale.:yes:

Agreed. I don't know how some of the posters on here survive in the real world such is the overreactions and drama at situations that in reality are not that bad

I think there is a lot of extra frustration due to Stoke being in the Prem. If they were struggling in the Championship or in our league, I don't think there would be as many moaners. It's been hard to see Coates come into Stoke with a blank cheque and bankroll them into Premiership mid-table while in that time we nearly went bust twice and have to scrimp and scrape to get by. Having to put up with Stoke friends constantly mocking us when we lose to Exeter and when Smurf gobs off just amplifies to frustration with where we are.

I think there is a lot of extra frustration due to Stoke being in the Prem. If they were struggling in the Championship or in our league, I don't think there would be as many moaners. It's been hard to see Coates come into Stoke with a blank cheque and bankroll them into Premiership mid-table while in that time we nearly went bust twice and have to scrimp and scrape to get by. Having to put up with Stoke friends constantly mocking us when we lose to Exeter and when Smurf gobs off just amplifies to frustration with where we are.

And many of us thought that Stoke would have been relegated by now...how wrong we all were. But I will say one thing...Vale fans deserve better

And many of us thought that Stoke would have been relegated by now...how wrong we all were. But I will say one thing...Vale fans deserve better

That's true, I remember them losing 3-0 to Bolton in their first Prem game and thought they'd be straight back down. But money talks. Stoke have spent a LOT of money but it never seems to be mentioned because they don't sign "big" transfers (£10m+) but will spend say £30m on 6-7 players. Who can forget spending £5.5m on Dave Kitson!

In the meantime, we made our first monetary signing in ages of JJ Hooper for £8,400!

We're never going to be bankrolled, fans need to accept that.

You can put your head in the sand but I will wait to see what Dicko and other non realists will be saying at the end of January. I will apologise at the end of next month if we are still in a similar position but as someone who actually goes to games I will be pleasantly surprised if we are.

You can put your head in the sand but I will wait to see what Dicko and other non realists will be saying at the end of January. I will apologise at the end of next month if we are still in a similar position but as someone who actually goes to games I will be pleasantly surprised if we are.

Whose ever fault it really is it will be blamed on the fan's.

players should do their talking on the pitch ,end of. it is the players who set their own standards (not the bookies) by playing well or not . after the first ten games i was shocked as to how well we were playing , the style in which we played and how the new faces had fitted in . since then, the team has played well below it's capabilities in a number of games and some players have been woeful . after watching vale for a number of years i can honestly say that we have a decent team/ squad for our standard , not the finished article (a pope short imo) but we look a good team (when firing) .

the division this year reflects english football as a whole (woeful) . there are no stand out teams in this division and all teams seem capable of beating each other. with a decent run of form over 10 games the top 3 is achievable let alone the play offs but will this group of players and page get back on track ? personally i don't think so.

players should do their talking on the pitch ,end of. it is the players who set their own standards (not the bookies) by playing well or not . after the first ten games i was shocked as to how well we were playing , the style in which we played and how the new faces had fitted in . since then, the team has played well below it's capabilities in a number of games and some players have been woeful . after watching vale for a number of years i can honestly say that we have a decent team/ squad for our standard , not the finished article (a pope short imo) but we look a good team (when firing) .

the division this year reflects english football as a whole (woeful) . there are no stand out teams in this division and all teams seem capable of beating each other. with a decent run of form over 10 games the top 3 is achievable let alone the play offs but will this group of players and page get back on track ? personally i don't think so.

We seemed to go backwards when Enoch got injured but we need to get over it and get behind the team,rather than slating the manager and players at every opportunity.

We seemed to go backwards when Enoch got injured but we need to get over it and get behind the team,rather than slating the manager and players at every opportunity.

I wish a lot more fans would take heed of your advice! I get thoroughly browned off by the continual negativity written on this forum. Let's get behind OUR team.

I agree with the majority of this and am happy that we 'are where we are' but I can't help feeling that many of the points that we've picked up this season have been undeserved and when we have lost, for example against Walsall, it was routine. The football that we are currently playing is turgid dull stuff without any flare, pace or excitement, I'm bored senseless much of the time and this coming from a happy clapper:mad:

Archived