onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

National press pick up on Vale controversy...

robf

Advert

I know very closely to be able to say something concrete, but as a Brazilian fan analyze this situation that Norman should not be at the club for his good and Port Vale, mainly seemed that the good atmosphere that was created was destroyed this week only I want the club return to stability and can continue to grow on a short-term future

Please send £10 million Brazilian Real to help the fans!

Only a 3 weeks ago at the Blackpool game Smurf served me a Bovril and seemed in great spirits with the fans. Today he is serving us a hot dose of vitriol. However he clearly didn't make his money in PR or sales. Telling the press he wants to sell a club supported by thugs who will give you a kicking or might shout racist abuse if you're black is hardly an enticing sales pitch.

I personally think he is trying to get a sympathy vote from the press claiming he had no choice to escape our nasty fans. The whole thing is so synthetic. Had we won that FA cup tie, these tales would never have been told.

When the club is left high and dry he will bring out these tales as a sign that he wasn't dodgy but desperate to leave.

Didn't Smurf once say that everything he does is thought out in advance? And then there's the old adage that any news is good news. Could this be a cynical way of getting national awareness of the 'Vale for Sale' message whilst also creating many reasons why staying at the Vale is no longer an option.

A bit of lateral thought there. You may well be right that Norman is putting the club in the shop window so to speak, but as an ex-retailer the goods on show need to be presented in the most attractive way possible. Some of the recent utterings I suspect, certainly do not help in that direction.

A bit of lateral thought there. You may well be right that Norman is putting the club in the shop window so to speak, but as an ex-retailer the goods on show need to be presented in the most attractive way possible. Some of the recent utterings I suspect, certainly do not help in that direction.

BB, you are the master of understatement.

Smurfs remarks really do make the club a laughing stock, and will only have served to devalue his 'investment', or shall we just call it a loan. Smurf must realise investments can go down as well as up, and he is in cloud cuckoo land if he seriously expects to recoup his outlay, whatever you term it, particularly after the last few days.

The fact that the Police have no record of him reporting his 'assault' has to make you wonder. Next thing JFH will say he's never spoken to Port Vale, I can see it coming.

I hope for all our sakes that the Vale turn up on Saturday and put in a performance! Maybe we can all get back to talking about our football club?

BB, you are the master of understatement.

Smurfs remarks really do make the club a laughing stock, and will only have served to devalue his 'investment', or shall we just call it a loan. Smurf must realise investments can go down as well as up, and he is in cloud cuckoo land if he seriously expects to recoup his outlay, whatever you term it, particularly after the last few days.

The fact that the Police have no record of him reporting his 'assault' has to make you wonder. Next thing JFH will say he's never spoken to Port Vale, I can see it coming.

I hope for all our sakes that the Vale turn up on Saturday and put in a performance! Maybe we can all get back to talking about our football club?

Thanks for the compliment (I think!) seems like we are in agreement.

Just got in from work and read this. What an absolute disgrace. Utterly disgusting. While it sounds like a load of nonsense anyway because so many details don't add up the fact that Norman has even entertained the idea that we, as a fanbase, couldn't possibly tolerate a black manager because we are so god damn racist. Us Vale fans should demand an apology. If this is day 1 of Normans 'couldn't give a ****' period now he has decided to withdraw backing to the club, then god knows what awaits in the coming weeks and months.

Does anyone else just feel really sad about this? I don't think it was anything pre-meditated from Norman, just a massive cluster**** of epic proportions due to him not thinking and shouting his mouth off. It genuinely feels like all the good he did, all the progress we've made, has been tainted, ruined.

It is quite sad really.

I posted on several occasions that his PR skills should exclude him from making statements directly to the media... apparently others liked his shoot from the lip, passionate honesty and openness.

What he did and/or what he tried to do will now fade into obscurity.... from legacy to leg-irons.

It is quite sad really.

I posted on several occasions that his PR skills should exclude him from making statements directly to the media... apparently others liked his shoot from the lip, passionate honesty and openness.

What he did and/or what he tried to do will now fade into obscurity.... from legacy to leg-irons.

Very sad indeed Geo. The paradox in Smurf's recent behaviour is in stark contrast to the article in the Coventry Telegraph – dated December13, 2012 in which he was quoted as saying...

"I didn’t buy Port Vale because I knew them, I did so because someone offered me a deal which I thought was viable and I could turn the business around,” he explained.

It’s not a Gucci handbag. This is a club that’s broken and needs fixing. I own the ground and an 18 acre site that includes the stadium and a few bits and pieces.”

Ah well, such is life :rolleyes:

Archived