onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carl Dickinson - the weak link

fuzzyvalefan

Advert

A thread devoted to the captain of our football team who kisses his captains badge every game, is proud to wear the shirt, puts in 100% every game, rallies the fans before the game, ALWAYS thanks them after the game and in my opinion has had a decent season so far.

Disgusting.

Right, lets dissect this questionable post. Firstly, it is my opinion. I am entitled to my opinion. It is not disgusting to share an opinion. Completely ridiculous word to use.

Secondly, you mention 6 qualities of Carl Dickinson:

1) He kisses the badge

2) He rallies the fans

3) He applauds the fans after games

4) He gives 100% every match

5) He is proud to wear the club colours

6) In your opinion, he has had a good season.

I can only disagree with one of those 6 points, that being the last. It is my opinion that he hasn't had a good season. I believe he is often a liability at the back because he is so often caught out of position.

I agree with the other 5 points you make, but please tell me which of the 5 points contribute to being a good defender? I'm not talking about club captain, i'm talking about a defender, a member of the back four.

Personally, i think you pick your best eleven then decide who is a suitable captain from that eleven. It is my opinion that Carl Dickinson is not in that best eleven, some may disagree but i also think some agree if you read the whole of this thread. I have seen it suggested on this thread that he is the only natural leader in the squad so has to be captain. That is codswallop. Richard Duffy, Anthony Grant and even Michael O'Connor would be effective captains in my opinion.

Right, lets dissect this questionable post. Firstly, it is my opinion. I am entitled to my opinion. It is not disgusting to share an opinion. Completely ridiculous word to use.

Secondly, you mention 6 qualities of Carl Dickinson:

1) He kisses the badge

2) He rallies the fans

3) He applauds the fans after games

4) He gives 100% every match

5) He is proud to wear the club colours

6) In your opinion, he has had a good season.

I can only disagree with one of those 6 points, that being the last. It is my opinion that he hasn't had a good season. I believe he is often a liability at the back because he is so often caught out of position.

I agree with the other 5 points you make, but please tell me which of the 5 points contribute to being a good defender? I'm not talking about club captain, i'm talking about a defender, a member of the back four.

Personally, i think you pick your best eleven then decide who is a suitable captain from that eleven. It is my opinion that Carl Dickinson is not in that best eleven, some may disagree but i also think some agree if you read the whole of this thread. I have seen it suggested on this thread that he is the only natural leader in the squad so has to be captain. That is codswallop. Richard Duffy, Anthony Grant and even Michael O'Connor would be effective captains in my opinion.

Duffy or grant should be captain

IMHO Dickinson is an asset to our team and does not deserve to be slated. He has his limitations which is why he's playing in L1, most notably his distribution which is often like watching Farmer Giles sow his seeds.

He was very harshly done to at Rochdale conceding a penalty for what was an excellent tackle and if it wasn't for that this thread probably wouldn't exist.

Another point if we're talking 'weak links', watching the highlights for their second goal Jak Alnwick doesn't cover himself in glory by not coming in front of Calvin Andrew inside the 6 yard box to take a standard keeper's catch, he let Andrew head it and they scored from the resulting mayhem. Alnwick is a great shot stopper but he couldn't catch a cold and his command of his box is non-existent yet he still faces little criticism on here as opposed to Dicko and some others who are as popular as fully paid up members of ISIS.

IMHO Dickinson is an asset to our team and does not deserve to be slated. He has his limitations which is why he's playing in L1, most notably his distribution which is often like watching Farmer Giles sow his seeds.

He was very harshly done to at Rochdale conceding a penalty for what was an excellent tackle and if it wasn't for that this thread probably wouldn't exist.

Exactly!!I wonder who's next for the OVF slaughterhouse?:laugh:

Another point if we're talking 'weak links', watching the highlights for their second goal Jak Alnwick doesn't cover himself in glory by not coming in front of Calvin Andrew inside the 6 yard box to take a standard keeper's catch, he let Andrew head it and they scored from the resulting mayhem. Alnwick is a great shot stopper but he couldn't catch a cold and his command of his box is non-existent yet he still faces little criticism on here as opposed to Dicko and some others who are as popular as fully paid up members of ISIS.

I agree about Jak, I thought he was at fault for the goal it was the keepers ball all the way.

The pace that the ball came in made catching it difficult for any keeper, maybe could have tried to punch it but he was under it defending his near post area'ish. What about the bloke trying to block the cross, Dicko for getting beaten by Andrews who headed it back across goal, Duffy for a rubbish clearance straight to Laing (SP). Hate how fans and more so managers always say that goals were down to poor defending and look to blame someone. Don't get it myself, some goals are decent, well made or are defended poorly either by an individual or by a host of players but for me most goals are created and scored by the team who at that moment are better than the defending team.

Well obviously you are in a good position to make a judgement on Jak based on a two minute highlight reel. Did the highlights show the world class save he made in the first half that those who were actually at the game would have seen?

For his first full season in league football, Jak has been absolutely magnificent.

Must admit I was amazed he didn't claim the cross - he started then stopped and stuck to his line. Surely, coaching should sort this out?

I thought, given his first booking was a disgrace and it seems he did nothing to merit the second (who did shoot their attacker?) Dicko did very well to charge off as he did without understandably flattening a crap referee!

TBF the stomping off was a bit comical but no doubt he was a bit annoyed having given away a perfectly 'good' penalty and got himself sent off for something that I'm certain the referee never saw bearing in mind the poleaxed player was between Dicko and England.

I thought, given his first booking was a disgrace and it seems he did nothing to merit the second (who did shoot their attacker?) Dicko did very well to charge off as he did without understandably flattening a crap referee!

I'm sure it was a straight red as the ref only showed one card as far as I can remember. Has it been confirmed yet?

If it was a second yellow then it's only a one game ban.

Such a knee jerk thread. Take Dicko out of that team and we have no leader, how many fighters are in that team, O'Connor is maybe the only one? When we were garbage last season Dicko was the only one making lung busting runs, rallying the others, tackling hard and trying to get us forward. This season he has improved in terms of fitness and contribution to defence. Dicko is the heartbeat of that team and anyone who think we'd be better without him is a fool.

Exactly, I don't know what Vale fans expect at times. There is some truly embarrassing tripe posted on here at times by people who think we're entitled to expect total football. As for the playing players out of position, there's a word for that- stupid. I remember when Micheal Husbands was the key to our wing play because he was quick! Didn't that go well...

Archived