onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carl Dickinson - the weak link

fuzzyvalefan

I have been saying this most of the season and I think today it came to a head in explosive fashion. Some sources have been saying that Dickinson has had a good season, indeed i was gobsmacked to hear someone (can't remember who apologies, might have been Blakeman?) saying he has been a standout player for us.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, but i see a player who makes multiple big mistakes per game (lets remember Streete has been dropped for 1 (one) mistake against Blackpool in the Paint Pot Cup), a full back who is consistently caught out of position and a player who is happy to dish out b0llock1ngs left right and centre to fellow players, opponents and officials rather than admit that his own performances are sub standard and have been for 18 months.

I have thought all season he is the weak link but today sums it up rather acutely. Regardless of whether it was a pen or not the fact is he dives in recklessly and gives the referee a decision to make rather than stay on his feet and shepherd the player towards the corner. He then spent the rest of the game moaning at the officials instead of concentrating on his own game and as a result his performance deteriorated.

As for the sending off, while it sums him up brilliantly, i was actually quite pleased because it means Mr Undroppable will not be able to play for 3 games so we can now play with the defence that we should be playing with McGivern (a far superior footballer) at left back and Remi alongside Duffy in the middle.

Advert

Don't talk daft. Every week Dicko gives his all and doesn't deserved to be slated just because he got sent off.

We need to see a replay of the sending off but if he has kicked out then I am sorry but he deserves to be slated.

For me both full backs at the moment are weak links, Purkiss needs to be playing.

Regardless of whether it was a pen or not the fact is he dives in recklessly and gives the referee a decision to make rather than stay on his feet and shepherd the player towards the corner.

It was reckless, it was a perfectly good tackle. Keith Hill agrees.

Don't talk daft. Every week Dicko gives his all and doesn't deserved to be slated just because he got sent off.

I agree he gives his all but for me he's a left footed version of Sam Stockley, an error strewn passionate try hard.

Bald Eagle made an excellent point on the post match thread, he's struggled since Enoch's injury.

The distribution from both full back areas is currently abysmal. Time for Purkiss and McGivern.

We need to see a replay of the sending off but if he has kicked out then I am sorry but he deserves to be slated.

For me both full backs at the moment are weak links, Purkiss needs to be playing.

The talk was round me he raised his hands but some on here think it was a second yellow (I don't as I only saw the red card) which means it wasn't kicking out or raising hands to a face.

I missed today's game but listened to it on Radio Stoke.I'm a bit puzzled, as Ray Williams and Lee Blakeman stated Dicko did well today giving a captain's performance.:ohmy:
Ray also said early in the first half how he liked how Vale were playing and each player knew and understood how to play to the system so what went wrong

I missed today's game but listened to it on Radio Stoke.I'm a bit puzzled, as Ray Williams and Lee Blakeman stated Dicko did well today giving a captain's performance.:ohmy:

That shows that Williams and Blakeman were actually at the match and have some knowledge of how football is played. Dickinson was outstanding in the last quarter of an hour. Wheh others hoofed and gave the ball away, he carried out of defence and set up chances for forwards. A real captain who leads by example.

If this was posted last season I would agree. This season he has been much better. I actually thought he was alright today but now suspended I expect Mcgivern to make it his own.

For me a defence of,

Purkiss Streete Duffy Mcgivern looks much stronger than;

Yates Duffy Mcgivern Dickinson

On the home page of the forum in 'rate the players' (today), Dickinson has a rating of 3.1. Rated as the worst performer.

(Not my opinion. I was not qualified to vote because I wasn't at the game to see him)

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/site/2015/11/rate-the-players-versus-rochdale/

That cant be from those who attended, there were far worse players than him today. He was actually pretty decent and very unlucky.

On the home page of the forum in 'rate the players' (today), Dickinson has a rating of 3.1. Rated as the worst performer.

(Not my opinion. I was not qualified to vote because I wasn't at the game to see him)

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/site/2015/11/rate-the-players-versus-rochdale/

Looks like a lot of the folk who voted in that didn't have your scruples.

Archived