onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 2 Blackpool 0, post match comments

Fosse69

Rochdale- we may take more than half our average gate. What is going on. About time Sky subsidised the admission prices for lg1 and lg2. £1m each to all clubs to only use to reduce prices. They are ruming football. Time they supported the smaller clubs.

Especially the case when fl fixtures are clashing with champions league football. Perhaps bt should also compensate lg1 and 2

Advert

Rochdale- we may take more than half our average gate. What is going on. About time Sky subsidised the admission prices for lg1 and lg2. £1m each to all clubs to only use to reduce prices. They are ruming football. Time they supported the smaller clubs.

If the fixture gurus didn't schedule Lg1 and Lg2 matches on Champions League weeks it might help - What **** head decides to put FULL lower League Fixtures when the Champions league is on AND ALSO Shown in Pubs . Its just too ****ing stupid to credit

Thought it was a laboured 80 minutes play today and we lacked the invention needed to break the deadlock - 3 games in 5 days really showed although having said that both Moore and Yates were the key culprits for slowing the play down - Purkiss would be the 1st man on the team sheet for me.

Queue the 1st substitution and queue the groans from everyone in the ground when they all realise that it was Birchall coming on.... Me included but to be fair to the lad, he was very positive, won the aerial battles, positive in his play going past people and looking to get the ball into the danger zone! Page 1 - fans 0. Hats off great move.

Uche has clearly leaned from his cameo that he also needs to do something and not let his chance pass him by, really gave them something else to think about, great cut back for the second goal.

Sam kelly - I feel had he started he would've been out muscled, but fresh legs against a tired team in Blackpool made a great difference! Great slide rule pass for AJ!

Whilst we got away with a few chances that you'd have banked Blackpool scoring I think we have to give credit to McGivern and in particular Duffy/Jak - they stuck themselves in the right places and almost kept certain goals out! Great, great play - as good as scoring a goal and certainly enabled the platform to kick on, late on, against a tired team.

Dodds was very tired you could see that, AJ was once again very lively never gives up and always plays off the last man - causing countless problems, a real pest you'd hate to play against him! Looking like a real steal!

Let's hope we can keep picking up points now, the team must be full of confidence now and we go into the weekend in great form! Let's home we don't fall again like normally.

Great result! Onwards and upward - a win and a clean sheet!

Fair play to page for the subs. Our width needed addressing and kelly and Birchall changed it. Also uche too who came on for dodds who wasn't himself playing that badly. Great goalkeeping from alnwick who kept us in it. Yates was poor and should be purkiss back in for Saturday. Well done to AJLS for his run of form for someone who I didn't have high expectations when I heard his signing. Let's keep it up.

Top post, thought the full backs and wingers (particularly Moore) were very poor but Alnwick kept us in it with two blinding saves and the centre halves were decent.

For me the subs he made were unusually innovative and made the difference with both goals coming from a sub and the manager should take credit for that.

A partnership of AJLS and Uche is definitely worth a go I think.

Just got back to Sheffield, warmed by the sheer effort put in by the lads tonight. After 70 minutes I said to my brother that I'd take a draw now as the lads were playing on empty. Not surprising bearing in mind the recent run of games. I'm not a Page fan but he turned the game round with the substitutions. Alnwick and Grant had excellent games. Yatesy a 100% player but needs to be replaced by Purkiss. The lads deserve tremendous credit for their hard work today; not helped by an appalling referee who allowed Blackpool to get away with fouls which continually broke up play. I hope Page plays a positive team for the away game on Saturday.

Made hard work of it at times tonight, I thought Duffs, McGiven and Jak were awesome at the back tonight, a lot of the outfield players looked tired, but expected after 3 games in 6 days; Uche showed his worth after coming on, caused chaos in the Blackpool area which led to both goals.... The result might have been a tad harsh on Blackpool who looked good for a point up to the 80th min, and could have easily scored several goals tonight but for some resolute defending.... Not a great game, but a welcome result....

Tonight for me was a very important win and a resolute showing from our boys. Again I thought we didnt pick our strongest 11, whether that be through fitness or not and for me the starting 11 tonight really struggled, could have been 2-0 down if not for the brilliant Alnwick. First half was really poor, we didnt look like we wanted to win. Then the second half was similar, Birchall came on (certainly wouldnt have been my choice) although he replaced Moore who was really bad, and did very well indeed. However for me AJ and Kelly won us this match, AJ looks unstoppable up top at the minute, hence our uptake in form as we seem to have a very good goalscorer. Kelly should have started, he has quality, yes he is lightweight but he has a great left foot on him and was great again tonight. Many havent performed to even half of their ability tonight but luckily a couple did, and that was enough to beat a truly woeful outfit in Blackpool, (worst team Ive seen without doubt). Anyway Page got the subs spot on even if me and probably many others wanted more attacking changes. Tonight was an important because we were poor until the last 20 minutes.

Anyway a very important and an excellent run of form of which all deserve credit, another winnable game saturday, I just hope page attacks them as we have better players than many think. Up the Vale.

Agree with most things there but did not think that Blakpool were woeful, thought they were the better team apart from the last 10 minutes, if they had a decent striker, we would have lost 2 or 3. They were no worse than many of the teams up Vale this season, certainly thought they were better than Doncaster, Shrewsbury and Oldham, big 3 points tonight after 3 games in 5 days.

If the fixture gurus didn't schedule Lg1 and Lg2 matches on Champions League weeks it might help - What **** head decides to put FULL lower League Fixtures when the Champions league is on AND ALSO Shown in Pubs . Its just too ****ing stupid to credit

Always said this and it's the same for teams below us too many would go to watch the likes of 'Grove, 'Castle and for me Stafford Rangers if they were played on nights when Vale were not playing.

Anyway good win for the Vale, Blackpool came to VP with nothing to lose, put themselves about a bit and when we had a chance to break cynically brought down the player. 3 occasions that I counted. Still with a bit of good fortune, how they missed that chance 10 minutes into the first half I'll never know, we made the changes to win the game. Kelly had space to run in to, they couldn't handle Uche and stood off him by a couple of yards giving him the time and space to play. Birchall too played his part. Moore put himself about that much that in the end he couldn't run any longer, McGivern played a blinder and I'm surprised that Foley and Duffy lasted as they has more elbows than your local Plumb Centre.

Archived