onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 2 Blackpool 0, post match comments

Fosse69

Advert

Fantastic result so pleased really glad the lads turned up today ! This is a game we would normally **** it up ! Have we turned the corner? Hope so we do need to bury these poor sides . Anyways the best birthday prezzie i could have had ! Thanks lads and all the back room boys somhappy up the VALE

Tonight for me was a very important win and a resolute showing from our boys. Again I thought we didnt pick our strongest 11, whether that be through fitness or not and for me the starting 11 tonight really struggled, could have been 2-0 down if not for the brilliant Alnwick. First half was really poor, we didnt look like we wanted to win. Then the second half was similar, Birchall came on (certainly wouldnt have been my choice) although he replaced Moore who was really bad, and did very well indeed. However for me AJ and Kelly won us this match, AJ looks unstoppable up top at the minute, hence our uptake in form as we seem to have a very good goalscorer. Kelly should have started, he has quality, yes he is lightweight but he has a great left foot on him and was great again tonight. Many havent performed to even half of their ability tonight but luckily a couple did, and that was enough to beat a truly woeful outfit in Blackpool, (worst team Ive seen without doubt). Anyway Page got the subs spot on even if me and probably many others wanted more attacking changes. Tonight was an important because we were poor until the last 20 minutes.

Anyway a very important and an excellent run of form of which all deserve credit, another winnable game saturday, I just hope page attacks them as we have better players than many think. Up the Vale.

Fair play to page for the subs. Our width needed addressing and kelly and Birchall changed it. Also uche too who came on for dodds who wasn't himself playing that badly. Great goalkeeping from alnwick who kept us in it. Yates was poor and should be purkiss back in for Saturday. Well done to AJLS for his run of form for someone who I didn't have high expectations when I heard his signing. Let's keep it up.

A Tuesday night win, clean sheet, 5 wins on the bounce in pretty quick succession, AJ scoring again, subs coming on and contributing, manager rotating players well, the club chairman serving fans Bovril at half time, 2 points off the playoffs, floodlights working properly....my evening is complete.

Can we admit that Robe Page is doing a pretty reasonable job and the chairman likewise? Or was the Bovril cold?

It's a good run, and particularly so in the context of the 3 games in 5 days.

Important to not get carried away though because we've beaten 4 sides in poor form (albeit Shrews have gone to Sheff U and won tonight.)

I still have reservations about Page personally but this run has dug him out of what looked like a crisis. Fair play to him and the side for that and long may it continue.

Archived