onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cash Turnstiles ?

Mario

Advert

Can't see why people are whinging about closing the railway stand. At the end of the day the stadium is too big and it's not affordable to open all stands for these types of matches. At the end of the day it has to be one stand and that is the one that is picked. Some people don't go now after it was shut for Crawley last year, maybe if more people turned up it'd give Smurf some reason to keep it open in these types of matches. If a stand is shut then move and have done with it. I like to sit in the Paddock but been forced into Lorne Street when Paddock not open in Friendlies and reserve games e.t.c. Think of it as a positive trying something different. At least I won't be able to hear the ridiculous comments behind now:I.e. shouting shoot every 5 seconds including at the goalkeeper, shouting outrageous comments at the referee all the way through the match and saying c'mon Enoch when it's Uche with the ball. :banghead:

Why always close the same stand(railway paddock),why not alternate which part is closed?

I dare say that comments similar to those that you mention can be heard in any part of the ground.

Can't see why people are whinging about closing the railway stand. At the end of the day the stadium is too big and it's not affordable to open all stands for these types of matches. At the end of the day it has to be one stand and that is the one that is picked. Some people don't go now after it was shut for Crawley last year, maybe if more people turned up it'd give Smurf some reason to keep it open in these types of matches. If a stand is shut then move and have done with it. I like to sit in the Paddock but been forced into Lorne Street when Paddock not open in Friendlies and reserve games e.t.c. Think of it as a positive trying something different. At least I won't be able to hear the ridiculous comments behind now:I.e. shouting shoot every 5 seconds including at the goalkeeper, shouting outrageous comments at the referee all the way through the match and saying c'mon Enoch when it's Uche with the ball. :banghead:

The Railway Stand is nearly always shut for cup games. It's happened for years now and I can live with that no problem because your season ticket doesn't apply. Shutting it for a League game was a bit different though, especially as it is the area with the second most season tickets after the Paddock.

I feel your pain Nick! I went into another financial institution recently - based in West Yorkshire I believe - to redesignate a small account where the interest rate had fallen 0.0000000001% or some such. I had with me a print out of the account which I had made as a result of having t'internet access to it. All I wanted to do was a two second exercise on the computer changing it from one type of account to another. I was asked for photo id. I had a bus pass, 3 credit cards with my name on each one and a print out of the account details which I had accessed. They wouldn't do it! Apparently I needed my passport or my driving licence neither of which I had with me. It appeared I could have stolen all the credit cards, illegally accessed the account on line and had a fake bus pass made! I did point out that I didn't wish to withdraw any cash and, as I had accessed the account on line, I could easily have cleared it out without stepping inside their building.

I'm all in favour of financial institutions adopting a hard line on security but seriously ....!

I went somewhere once where i was asked if I had any ID.I showed my driving licence (old paper type without photo) and a couple of credit / debit cards.They then asked if I had my passport with me as ID and I said my passport was at home.They then asked if I had any other sort of ID on me to prove who I was so I showed them a tattoo on my arm with my name on.They told me that my arm with my name on was not acceptable as ID.When I asked her if she thought that I had swapped arms with some stranger in the town just for fun she got a cob on.

Why always close the same stand(railway paddock),why not alternate which part is closed?

I dare say that comments similar to those that you mention can be heard in any part of the ground.

Maybe it could be alternated. The Bycars has the least fans so maybe that should be alternated, however the Lorne Street won't close due to being the main stand and with the Paddock being close to the pitch that won't close.

The Railway Stand is nearly always shut for cup games. It's happened for years now and I can live with that no problem because your season ticket doesn't apply. Shutting it for a League game was a bit different though, especially as it is the area with the second most season tickets after the Paddock.

The stand closing in that Crawley game affected those with Season Ticket's in the Paddock too, as some people in the railway stand came and sat in our seats.

Maybe it could be alternated. The Bycars has the least fans so maybe that should be alternated, however the Lorne Street won't close due to being the main stand and with the Paddock being close to the pitch that won't close.

The Lorne stand street would be the smallest area to close.

Close the Bycars and a whole section of the ground is closed.

When closing the Railway stand the Railway is still open so its only like half shut.

i would disagree about the Bycars having least fans. Surely that's got to be the Lorne St.

I went somewhere once where i was asked if I had any ID.I showed my driving licence (old paper type without photo) and a couple of credit / debit cards.They then asked if I had my passport with me as ID and I said my passport was at home.They then asked if I had any other sort of ID on me to prove who I was so I showed them a tattoo on my arm with my name on.They told me that my arm with my name on was not acceptable as ID.When I asked her if she thought that I had swapped arms with some stranger in the town just for fun she got a cob on.

That made me laugh out loud Melv,

Archived