onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cash Turnstiles ?

Mario

Pay pass and pay wave rule. It's an electronic and much easier age but some people don't want progression it seems.

I read an article in the Mail recently championing the removal from circulation of 1p and 2p coins and rounding figures to the nearest 5p.

Christ some folks on here would be marching on the streets of London if they did :laugh:

Just depends if they round it up or down REP.;)

Advert

...it makes you wonder why Smurf has picked this particular match to trial cash turnstiles, when it is fairly obvious that the 5000 target will not be reached... or is that the reason? We have a Saturday game at home to Chesterfield and a Tuesday night home game against Blackpool coming up - why not pick one of those? Could it be that we might get the required 5000 for those, and then, Heaven forbid, the cash turnstile experiment might be considered a success !! And we couldn't have that, could we? (...he says sarcastically!)

...it makes you wonder why Smurf has picked this particular match to trial cash turnstiles' date=' when it is fairly obvious that the 5000 target will not be reached... or is that the reason? We have a Saturday game at home to Chesterfield and a Tuesday night home game against Blackpool coming up - why not pick one of those? Could it be that we might get the required 5000 for those, and then, Heaven forbid, the cash turnstile experiment might be considered a success !! And we couldn't have that, could we? (...he says sarcastically!)[/quote']

I'd be bliddy disappointed if we don't reach 5k for both of those games even without a cash turnstile! Surely he would want 6k for each of those with a cash turnstile?

I'd be bliddy disappointed if we don't reach 5k for both of those games even without a cash turnstile! Surely he would want 6k for each of those with a cash turnstile?

... let's hope we do reach 5000+ for those games... I still feel that our Chairman is 'against' cash turnstiles and I agree that he would probably up the 'expected gate'... and if we didn't reach his expectations, then "never again."

... let's hope we do reach 5000+ for those games... I still feel that our Chairman is 'against' cash turnstiles and I agree that he would probably up the 'expected gate'... and if we didn't reach his expectations' date=' then "never again."[/quote']

You could possibly be right but at least he's giving the ' hundreds and thousands' that don't come because they can't pay cash on the turnstile the opportunity to prove him wrong. That for me shows he has massive balls.

But we didn't get 5000 on Saturday REP. We should for Chesterfield but no chance for Blackpool on a Tuesday.

Met a mate from school the other day who was a massive Vale fan, told me through gritted teeth he now goes Stoke with his lad cause his lad wanted go watch the big teams...makes me sad

Prepare to be disappointed then, certainly for the Blackpool game on a Tuesday night!

But we didn't get 5000 on Saturday REP. We should for Chesterfield but no chance for Blackpool on a Tuesday.

Met a mate from school the other day who was a massive Vale fan, told me through gritted teeth he now goes Stoke with his lad cause his lad wanted go watch the big teams...makes me sad

Largely caused by a dreadful following from Salop I guess.

In my day my dad would have beaten me round the head and told me to watch my mouth spouting that crap and made me go and watch division 4 football! Kids dictating to parents is a sad part of current society ;)

Personally I think we will get no more than 4000 on Sunday if that. Hope I'm wrong.

I'm buzzing for the FA Cup, as always.

£12 to watch us in the FA Cup is a little belter. Credit to both clubs for being sensible about this.

The weather forecast is mild and dry. Where else would you want to be on a November afternoon than watching Vale at home ?

It was put on the scoreboard severally times that the ticket office would be open after the Shrewsbury game how many tickets for the F A cup game where sold then, there where 4000+ vale fans at that match and some would have been those moaning about cash turnstiles did you go and get your ticket after the game. YES or NO.

I have been convinced for some time that there are certain Vale fans who will dream up any excuse for not attending games. If I turned up at their front door in a Rolls Royce to ferry them to the ground they would probably complain because it wasn't the right colour. I'm perfectly happy for people to make the decision not to attend a game but for heaven's sake, stop coming up with stupid excuses and just admit that you can't be bothered.

And before anyone has a go, I don't consider financial considerations to be a stupid excuse.

I have been convinced for some time that there are certain Vale fans who will dream up any excuse for not attending games. If I turned up at their front door in a Rolls Royce to ferry them to the ground they would probably complain because it wasn't the right colour. I'm perfectly happy for people to make the decision not to attend a game but for heaven's sake, stop coming up with stupid excuses and just admit that you can't be bothered.

And before anyone has a go, I don't consider financial considerations to be a stupid excuse.

Amen, give that woman a biscuit of her choosing!

Archived