onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cash Turnstiles ?

Mario

Apparently there is going to be two cash turnstiles on Sunday,I hope the club realise they will need plenty of change, the admission prices are "Awkward" to deal with, most supporters will give a £10 or £20 note in, I hope it doesnt fall into chaos.

Also has this been advertised anywhere ? which gates will be used etc ?

Advert

From Facebook:

"Norman has just got back to me regarding cash turnstiles for Sunday's game,

I Quote, "Correct Change Only" , Lorne St, Paddock, and Bycars, and if the gate is lower than 5,000 then it will be deemed a failure"

Sounds ridiculous and like he wants it to fail so he can try and put an end to the requests.

From Facebook:

"Norman has just got back to me regarding cash turnstiles for Sunday's game,

I Quote, "Correct Change Only" , Lorne St, Paddock, and Bycars, and if the gate is lower than 5,000 then it will be deemed a failure"

Sounds ridiculous and like he wants it to fail so he can try and put an end to the requests.

This time last season we had two more league points than we do now.

Our FA cup game was at home to MK Dons.

The attendance was 4120.

To suggest that not breaking 5000 is a failure is, yet again, a failing on Normans part and a section of supporters who live in this bubble that we are/have lost/losing supporters.

Im sick and tired of repeating myself but google "port vale 2000/01 season"

Hit the wikipedia link and go from there. Year after year.

I can name you a dozen or more cup games at home with less than 5000.

I can also name you dozens of league gates less than 4000.

The first five home league attendances in the 2002 season, for example were as follows..... Tranmere (5629) Stockport (4070) Peterborough (3862) Colchester (3328) and Notts County (3505).

Frightning.

So lets embrace our fanbase that we have, especially with a premier league club down the road, and try to get our house in order accordingly.

This time last season we had two more league points than we do now.

Our FA cup game was at home to MK Dons.

The attendance was 4120.

To suggest that not breaking 5000 is a failure is, yet again, a failing on Normans part and a section of supporters who live in this bubble that we are/have lost/losing supporters.

Im sick and tired of repeating myself but google "port vale 2000/01 season"

Hit the wikipedia link and go from there. Year after year.

I can name you a dozen or more cup games at home with less than 5000.

I can also name you dozens of league gates less than 4000.

The first five home league attendances in the 2002 season, for example were as follows..... Tranmere (5629) Stockport (4070) Peterborough (3862) Colchester (3328) and Notts County (3505).

Frightning.

So lets embrace our fanbase that we have, especially with a premier league club down the road, and try to get our house in order accordingly.

Best post I have seen in a long time. One of the reasons I and others are being put off attending matches is the constant unrealistic targets our chairman puts on attendances and the constant threat of funds being cut when frankly the entertainment on offer is still only marginally better than years gone by.

Best post I have seen in a long time. One of the reasons I and others are being put off attending matches is the constant unrealistic targets our chairman puts on attendances and the constant threat of funds being cut when frankly the entertainment on offer is still only marginally better than years gone by.

That makes zero sense to me. Being put off by the chairman being realistic? Wow.

Plus, and I can't emphasise this enough, I'm a Vale fan who has been through two administrations, I don't get "put off". I back the boys because that's what Vale fans do. If you've decided you like playing golf or gardening on a Saturday afternoon, fine but don't hide behind nonsense excuses and make out it's the club's fault; not being able to pay on the gate being the stupidest one I've ever heard.

2nd best post for a long while.

Like you two I consider that Norman is once again showing his inexperience to say and I quote him ''We will have two cash turnstiles on for the cup game and if there is no increase in attendance that will be the last time we have any''. That is totally unrealistic because cup tie games unlike in the old days when the FA cup was the highlight of the season are always lower than league games because everyone has to pay when it is a cup game where as league matches there are 3000 or so ST holders.

I actually think Norm knows this but just wants an end to the matter in his favour.

Perhaps we could tip the debate on it's head and say if there is an increase in actual cash payers then it was a success. It all depends on which side you are on I reckon.

To do it fairly it would need a like for like long term comparison to be made.

You don't want to go games because the chairman says he wants more fans to attend? ****ing daft that.

That makes zero sense to me. Being put off by the chairman being realistic? Wow.

Plus, and I can't emphasise this enough, I'm a Vale fan who has been through two administrations, I don't get "put off". I back the boys because that's what Vale fans do. If you've decided you like playing golf or gardening on a Saturday afternoon, fine but don't hide behind nonsense excuses and make out it's the club's fault; not being able to pay on the gate being the stupidest one I've ever heard.

Bang on the money.

I have followed Vale for over 40 years and hopefully another 40 years and it dus my head in with some of the feeble excuses not to attend.

I've already got a ticket.Do you think the ticket office will have it back so I can queue at the cash turnstile on Sunday?Ive missed paying cash,well once.Not happy they won't be able to change a £50 note though.Any idea which turnstiles are cash only?Oh s o d it,anybody want a ticket?.I want to pay cash!!!!!

You don't want to go games because the chairman says he wants more fans to attend? ****ing daft that.

Thays a very simple way of viewing my post. Yes have ambition, yes have targets but he need to think before he speaks and also have a touch of reality. For the majority of his tenure he has said how much he is putting in and how this wont continue and he need more fans through the gate etc. etc. That in itself wont bring people through the gates. What incentive is that for families on small budgets to invest there cash in coming to see Port Vale. He might as well say if you buy a season ticket next year expect the team to be poorer, with poorer performances and less entertainment. He is doing some things really well but is letting himself down in this area. Build the buzz don't champion mediocracy.

Archived