onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Page meet the manager!!

carpetman123

Advert

All evidence to me suggests he is well aware of the problems and has tried to tackle them in the summer.

Sorry but I can't agree. He strengthened defence and centre midfield which needed doing but actually weakened our attack. He also over recruited in midfield for some bizarre reason. In defence he's been unfortunate to lose Inniss but it's hard to feel sympathy when he drops Streete for McGivern. Along with many others I think we're paying the price for having a squad heavily laden with the 'not ready' & 'not good enough' and no strikers.

You have to PAY to listen to him?

Dont tell me... pie and pea supper and a free flat cap and whippet to attenders.

It would be cheaper to by a bucket of paracetamol and a box of razor blades.

I do love the happiness and joy you bring! 😂

To be honest Smithie is right in that it's a great opportunity to have a face to face with him and challenge him.

It wouldn't surprise me to hear him say something like - We know a proven striker is needed and have tried and tried many times to sign a proven experienced striker.But for various reasons these deals never happened.We are continuing in our search and working very hard to get a striker in.We are getting close to getting one now and expect this to happen in the next few days.Watch this space,you will be surprised at who this proven striker is and if the deal goes ahead he will be a great signing for the club.

Why did you sign garbage such as AJLS, retain garbage such as Birchall, Yates, etc, and leave us with 1 recognised striker? Are you that thick when every other supporter saw it?

Do you honestly believe he would answer a question like that ?

When did you realise that you'd forgotten to bring in any strikers apart from one on loan? What was smurfs reaction when he had to extend the budget for such a ridiculous oversight whilst you were collecting goalkeepers and midfielders? Was he happy with his then investment in a player who had score 1 in about 40 games last season? Was it like when Stuart Pearce forgot to pick a keeper for his first game in charge until his wife reminded him? Is it worth checking your next retained list with your wife next time?

Do you think the squads balanced considering its size?

Why have we got no centre midfielders on the bench when we have Michael brown available?

No. But i would still ask. The man needs to be asked tough questions to make him uncomfortable and to show the fans anger towards the ridiculous retained list.

His addressing of it in the sentinel last week was embarassing.

Fair enough then Smurf should be sitting next to him when the questions are asked.:yes:

It's pointless asking him why he hasn't signed a Striker. Smurf has already answered it. Because not enough buggers are coming through the Turnstiles. Yes we can all blame the retained list, sadly though the £2.50 a week we are paying Birchall won't buy us a quality Striker.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying we should stick with Page if results carry on the way they are doing. But unless Smurf chances his mind and allows another Striker to come in even ****** God could not perform miracles with our forward line.

It's pointless asking him why he hasn't signed a Striker. Smurf has already answered it. Because not enough buggers are coming through the Turnstiles. Yes we can all blame the retained list, sadly though the £2.50 a week we are paying Birchall won't buy us a quality Striker.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying we should stick with Page if results carry on the way they are doing. But unless Smurf chances his mind and allows another Striker to come in even ****** God could not perform miracles with our forward line.

Id imagine Jak Alnwick will be on decent money.

So would you sooner sign a striker with his wages or have Alnwick?

We already have a quality keeper in Chris Neale coming back very soon.

He keeps saying more fans before we sign anyone then he signs the keeper when we already have a top one coming back.

Id imagine Jak Alnwick will be on decent money.

So would you sooner sign a striker with his wages or have Alnwick?

We already have a quality keeper in Chris Neale coming back very soon.

He keeps saying more fans before we sign anyone then he signs the keeper when we already have a top one coming back.

Copied off Facebook. Not my comments but he does add some good points:

Page has made some great signings in his time as boss. But then you've got the Kellys and Ajays (who I feel may have something to prove yet), and then Campion and Hooper. Two supposedly exciting signings brought in by the chairman apparently, who Page doesn't seem to want to use. Nimely was another. The money put into these flops who we barely see could have been spent in better places and as much as Smurf will say the budget is spent, if he's had a say in adding deadwood players he should put his hands up. I think with the retained list he has an excuse to shift that blame onto Page. Scouting and recruitment seems a bit out of place, and the retained list was questionable in places. They've all done good in areas but they all make their contributions to their own problems!

Sorry thats nonsense. We have 30 players in our squad. Page built the squad this way. Its so annoying to hear people say its not pages fault because the fans arent going, so their arent the funds. It isnt the fans fault. He had a good budget, and blew it. Yes we dont have the money to add extras, but to have a shortage of strikers without any being injured is totally his fault. Signing like hooper are a smokescreen for apologists of page, as his wages were on top of an already extended budget. Smurf even extended the budget to bring in AJLS. And that was before hooper was brought in. Just imagine if he hadnt have exntended our budget. Its ridiculous to blame smurf or the fans.

Archived