onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 1 Blackpool 2, post match comments

Biddulph_PV

His motivational skills are non existant as are his tactical skills, his retained list of non league standard players means that we have a subs bench of players who in the main are incapable of improving the team when the team is crying out for a game changing addition. is that enough to be going on with as I see a season much like last season,a season of flattering to deceive.

I find the bit about his motivational skills difficult to understand. The lads are obviously playing for him. There's not been too many occasions this season where I've thought the players are totally off-key.

Tactically things are much better, as can clearly been seen in the majority of games where we have controlled the pace of the play. Yes, we've been poor at set pieces both ends but we're creating chances and getting in good positions going forward, whilst looking comfortable when defending in open play.

The squad beyond the first eleven looks weak in quite a few areas. However you can hardly argue with who he's brought in. He's freely admitted that the scouting network was in poor shape when he took over and they were low on the ground in terms of numbers, hence why he kept players he knew rather than bringing in unknowns. A full season with proper scouting in place (Questionable as to whether Glover is 'proper scouting', but still) and another summer of recruits like we've just had and we'll be in very good shape I feel.

So, in summary I disagree with you. I don't see where you are getting the basis for the points you are making. You appear to be watching a very different set of games to me, and quite a few other people :D

Advert

We lost this game because of a poor attitude. The players have to take most of the responsibility. But Page should have given Hooper a chance, along with a few others who haven't had much of a run out yet this season, as they'd perhaps have been a bit more up for it with wanting to impress and potentially retain their place in the starting 11.

Terrible night all round and completely unacceptable.

We lost this game because of a poor attitude. The players have to take most of the responsibility. But Page should have given Hooper a chance, along with a few others who haven't had much of a run out yet this season, as they'd perhaps have been a bit more up for it with wanting to impress and potentially retain their place in the starting 11.

Terrible night all round and completely unacceptable.

to bluddy true and I for one aint going to suffer that standard of football for the rest of the season, my much better half suggested I start to watch burton more regularly and they are playing some good stuff, marnd yow thane gotten theirsells a proper manager they nowst and dunner it ****ing show on the pitch.

I don't think it was that bad. I don't fault the team for effort or attitude. I feel we did not play well in the final third, when defending set pieces, Blackpool found the right tactics against us in midfield and stopping Moore and we had considerable bad luck with not getting the sending off at the penalty and the injury to Streete. For me there is an issue that some of our players don't recover quickly enough to play at their best two games per week - I feel that was true of Moore for example.

I don't think it was that bad. I don't fault the team for effort or attitude. I feel we did not play well in the final third, when defending set pieces, Blackpool found the right tactics against us in midfield and stopping Moore and we had considerable bad luck with not getting the sending off at the penalty and the injury to Streete. For me there is an issue that some of our players don't recover quickly enough to play at their best two games per week - I feel that was true of Moore for example.

There was a lack of effort and attitude imo

to bluddy true and I for one aint going to suffer that standard of football for the rest of the season, my much better half suggested I start to watch burton more regularly and they are playing some good stuff, marnd yow thane gotten theirsells a proper manager they nowst and dunner it ****ing show on the pitch.

I spy with my little something beginning with W (and ending in UM)

Silly Bookworm, silly silly Bookworm

I spy with my little something beginning with W (and ending in UM)

Silly Bookworm, silly silly Bookworm

hey, I know where the Pirelli stadium is, bin their done that and I can get there just as soon as the vale,a straight run down a fast road instead of a slow crawl through heavy traffic and their catering is far superior,JFH has got them motivated a word which page can't spell let alone do.

hey, I know where the Pirelli stadium is, bin their done that and I can get there just as soon as the vale,a straight run down a fast road instead of a slow crawl through heavy traffic and their catering is far superior,JFH has got them motivated a word which page can't spell let alone do.

Goodbye then :hello:

I haven't read all the comments.

My opinion was it was a poor game obviously. But I don't think grant and brown can play together. Both players like to sit back and receive the ball. We need to play a box to box player next to our ball winner.

It will be interesting to see if oconnor and grant will work.

Bye, you wont be missed.

I haven't read all the comments.

My opinion was it was a poor game obviously. But I don't think grant and brown can play together. Both players like to sit back and receive the ball. We need to play a box to box player next to our ball winner.

It will be interesting to see if oconnor and grant will work.

Agreed. This left a real lack of energy and presence in the midfield (mainly the attacking part of it).

watched burton when they were non league when cloughie was manager, it's nice to know that vale supporters want rid of me, no wonder the crowds are small never been part of a clique,never wanted to be.:razz:

Jeez, you haven't "Gone for a Burton have ya?":D

Archived