onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tues 29th Sept 2015, Port Vale v Oldham, pre-match comments, the match itself

Fosse69

Advert

Footballs a team game unce is not effective at times trying to bulldoze through when a give and go would make us more of a threat.

A very difficult game as David Dunns took over and they have had two very respectable draws.

My team

Alnwick

Purkiss Streete Duffy Dicko

Andoh foley grant Moore

Ajs

Daniel

Give Doddsy a rest as he covers so much ground ,uche can stay where he is (on the bench),mr Daniel did the business yesterday so he stays in .

Andoh comes back in cause I feel he will score .

It's me lads birthday on tues 14 ( Billy) so be a rush get there let's hope we can turn it on with Sheffield utd come on sat be great if we win .

We need to build on yesterday's result with another 3 points against a struggling Oldham, then the league table would look much healthier.

We'll miss Iniss but Streete is an ideal replacement so no problem there,Andoh's had a rest for a week so should be raring to go, Uche won't like bein subbed at ht. so, if selected, should be up for it, we forget he's only 20 years old so maybe playing every game caught up with him.

Footballs a team game unce is not effective at times trying to bulldoze through when a give and go would make us more of a threat.

A very difficult game as David Dunns took over and they have had two very respectable draws.

My team

Alnwick

Purkiss Streete Duffy Dicko

Andoh foley grant Moore

Ajs

Daniel

Give Doddsy a rest as he covers so much ground ,uche can stay where he is (on the bench),mr Daniel did the business yesterday so he stays in .

Andoh comes back in cause I feel he will score .

It's me lads birthday on tues 14 ( Billy) so be a rush get there let's hope we can turn it on with Sheffield utd come on sat be great if we win .

Uche is technically significantly better than Daniel as a target man and anywhere centrally. Daniel is good from wide positions. I remain an Uche fan.

Uche is technically significantly better than Daniel as a target man and anywhere centrally. Daniel is good from wide positions. I remain an Uche fan.

Im a fan.of people who do the business for P V F C ,uches been fantastic in some games and im.sure he will superb again ,2 defeats in.a row 1-0 down and Colin Daniel has turned his and Vales season.back the way we all want it to face .

So in my.opinion.give the lad a full game lets c if we can give Oldham then Sheffield Utd players nightmares about there visit to magic little Port Vale !!"

Obviosuly, the issue will be which 3 to play out of Uche, Dodds, Andoh, Ajay and Daniel. I'd be tempted to play the first three. Harsh on the latter two but at least they'll have a point to prove if/ when brought on.

unable to go again but hope for 3 points then a win against a not so good as thought blunts will do nicely.

perhaps a front four of Dodds, Leitch-Smith, Moore in behind Daniel would be a good option. Capable of playing some really nice football, and Daniel maybe deserves his chance after Saturday. Plus, with Uche and Andoh to come off the bench it doesn't look too bad at all.

I hope he goes with the same 11 that started the second half at Oldham. In most people's head (and partially mine) Dodds deserves to be dropped after a couple of very abstract performances but he did improve second half at Fleetwood and begun to make the right decisions positionally. He has a half to prove he can play that position and if he starts to drift and become anonymous again drag him off for Andoh. His best position may be behind a front man but Ajay proved on Saturday what a 'number 10' can really do with some dangerous runs, great link up play and most importantly playing closer to the number 9.

For once can we please just turn up on a Tuesday night and win! We seem to be the masters at deflating optimism after a good win at the weekend and we especially give teams who are on a poor run a helping hand! We did it to Oldham last season!

I'd go with Andoh and Uche at home but I suspect that Page will bring in Daniel - lets' hope he starts a game how he played the second half on Saturday. AJ is a clever player so I suspect he'll keep his place and feed into the number 9. Dodds won't be dropped so I assume he'll stay on the right of the midfield.

Archived