onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Humour Bypasses and The Perpetually Offended

Memphis

Never liked python although the dead parrot sketch was amusing

yes true and the dirty vicar sketch and the lumberjack but very little to amuse just lately apart from mrs brown and her boys,shades of old mother reilly( Arthur Lucian and kitty mcshane.)must be getting ewd geo.

Advert

saw all the comedy greats at jollees and top rank, the very best of the best in entertainment but the best I saw were the black abbotts,they were the best show group of the time,modern comics leave me cold geo,about as funny as rabies in a guide dog but if you want a good laugh how about python at the Hollywood bowl.

My parents and uncles/aunties raved about what they saw at Jollees over the years..would love it if we had more places like that today

The funniest live acts I've ever seen were Tommy Cooper, the "Who Dares Wins" live show and more recently Dara O' Briain. The most unfunny acts I've ever seen were a John Sessions one man show (I and others walked out and went to the pub) and Mike Read (the Runaround one) at some company do.

Precisely..and so does/did Bernard Manning

He can say whatever he wants now. :laugh:

But when he was opening his gob, he had some personal responsibility, he chose not to use it, up to him.

Now that really is enough from me on this subjet, have your last word as you always like to, cant have you throwing the toys out again, I have rather more important things to do than post about your unfunny friend.

The funniest live show I ever saw was Ken Dodd at the Theatre Royal in Nottingham, his first show of the night over ran for about an hour, we got out of the second show about 1 00pm. I can't remember any of his gags but can remember being doubled up with laughter, a truly funny man.

But when he was opening his gob, he had some personal responsibility, he chose not to use it, up to him.

Personal responsibility for what? He should take responsibility for how some might react to what he says during his performances? How do you know he wasn't holding back? how do you know he didn't think his act thru very carefully? How do you know what he was thinking as far as personal responsibility was concerned?

Now that really is enough from me on this subjet, have your last word as you always like to,

I cannot choose to have the last word..as I've said before

cant have you throwing the toys out again, I have rather more important things to do than post about your unfunny friend.

He's no friend of mine..what are you on about? I agree totally that he was unfunny. Just cos I defend his right to say what he wants in his act doesn't mean I have anything but contempt for what he says..you just don't get it, or choose not to

The funniest live show I ever saw was Ken Dodd at the Theatre Royal in Nottingham, his first show of the night over ran for about an hour, we got out of the second show about 1 00pm. I can't remember any of his gags but can remember being doubled up with laughter, a truly funny man.

Never seen him but his live act is legendary for the jokes and laughter just going on for hours and hours

Personal responsibility for what? He should take responsibility for how some might react to what he says during his performances? How do you know he wasn't holding back? how do you know he didn't think his act thru very carefully? How do you know what he was thinking as far as personal responsibility was concerned?

I cannot choose to have the last word..as I've said before

He's no friend of mine..what are you on about? I agree totally that he was unfunny. Just cos I defend his right to say what he wants in his act doesn't mean I have anything but contempt for what he says..you just don't get it, or choose not to

No point knocking my owd fruit he ain't for listening hen he has a bee in his bonnet! ;)

I'm amazed Manning made a career out of what he did but then that was another time when ignorance knew no boundaries I guess.

A friend saw Bernard Manning at the Embassy Club and siad that he was both one of the best jokes he'd ever seen and one of the nastiest comics all in one performance.

It was the night after Ken Dodd had got done for tax avoidance. BM walks on stage and his opening joke was 'I Hear Ken Dodd has 2 new Diddy Men. Diddy Pay and Diddy F***!'

Unfortunately, later in the act, he spotted a black man in the crowd and spent 20 minutes making him the butt of all his jokes. This culminated with the black man being invited up on to the stage and BM telling him that he was allowed (for being such a good sport) to keep his pint glass. The punch line: ''cuz no other f***er will want to drink out of it now'...

No point knocking my owd fruit he ain't for listening hen he has a bee in his bonnet! ;)

I'm amazed Manning made a career out of what he did but then that was another time when ignorance knew no boundaries I guess.

The man was funny, like him or hate him he was funny... but then no one forced people to go to see him

Saw Doddy at Buxton Opera House a couple of years ago,he was absolutely hilarious,he came on at 7.30pm and finished a 1.00am with a half-hour interval in-between,he's 88 this November.Legend.:laugh:

Archived