onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurfs statement.

melv

Advert

Does anyone know if the Co-Op land has been sold to a third party? Or is this withdrawal of Vale's access to it bargaining by the current owners (perhaps trying to drive Vale into making an acceptable bid)?

If it's gone to someone else I think that's a huge blow for the club. We're already hemmed in by terraced streets and have little car parking space. If we lose that land for good AND the police get heavy handed, it's going to be a nightmare in the future.

Maybe when Smurf said about not backing down,not being bullied by the police then police decided to flex their muscle.They along with the council hold all the power.I feel really gutted for Smurf here.

Indeed, I think this is a sad day for the club. These new changes to the way that games are stewarded and policed at Vale are a disgrace. Staffordshire Police should yet again hang their heads in shame for the way they've acted. Doncaster fans aren't in the same bracket as Leeds, Stoke, or Millwall fans. Neither will many other sets of fans that visit the club over the coming season.

I feel sorry for Smurf. I hope there is an appeal process for this.

That's a lot of pint's in Tommy's, so no, no it doesn't

That's not the only revenue. You're not paying £1.2m for a car park so you can simply restore Tommy's to a "home" pub. It's got the potential for industrial units, perhaps residential, the ability to increase the footprint of the ground plus the car park revenue. To me, personally, it's a no brainer to get that land.

How the hell is Doncaster at home a high risk match. Utterly ridiculous.

There has been recent history.The flag incident,they turned up in numbers early doors last season.Trouble on the car park after.Was it Doncaster when one Donny lad was being big hard boy bobbing off had his head smashed into the rear window of a car by the police?

Indeed, I think this is a sad day for the club. These new changes to the way that games are stewarded and policed at Vale are a disgrace. Staffordshire Police should yet again hang their heads in shame for the way they've acted. Doncaster fans aren't in the same bracket as Leeds, Stoke, or Millwall fans. Neither will many other sets of fans that visit the club over the coming season.

I feel sorry for Smurf. I hope there is an appeal process for this.

Not forgetting Smurf had a big battle with them after the Wolves fiasco where he showed them up for incompetence.The plod will not have liked that at all.

As much as I resent the Police dictating orders to the club, I do feel that the changes made should've been implemented years ago and will go a long way to preventing flash points after the final whistle.

However, to make these requests for Doncaster (yet again based on 'intelligence' which will no doubt be very inaccurate) is ludicrous. This all should've been done in the close season.

There has been recent history.The flag incident,they turned up in numbers early doors last season.Trouble on the car park after.Was it Doncaster when one Donny lad was being big hard boy bobbing off had his head smashed into the rear window of a car by the police?

Barnsley not Donny

Think that was Barnsley so I'd expect the police to demand that that fixture is played behind closed doors this season.

Has the CoOp been sold then? If so I'm sure the owners will want to use any carpark on match days to cash in on football fans.

It's not really worth 1.2m to PVFC though, as development of the land could cost £1m as well. Then if you go residential you need change of use and that isn't certain. Also then you can't leave massive space for carparking on the odd match day.

Even so the measures being taken for this game in particular are way too extreme, for the Millwall match I completely agree but even with these incidents I feel its been taken too far.

Even so the measures being taken for this game in particular are way too extreme, for the Millwall match I completely agree but even with these incidents I feel its been taken too far.

Agree 100% way to far.

Best solution is as said earlier home fan's in Hamil.

Unbelievable! Smurf now knows how difficult it is running our great Club.

Now has to be the correct time(as discussed on other threads) for ALL parties to come together and thrash out why it's not possible for Vale fans to utilise Hamil Road end? Come on everyone arrange fruitful meetings to get these problems sorted. In the long run the financial help to Vale has to be paramount and all these ludicrous decisions are setting Vale back incessantly financially.

Whether some of our hardened fans like it or not Smurf has to now give full and considerable thought to reducing all these idiotic decisions against Vale and honestly look into Hamil being ours again and all safety considerations explored to house the few away fans that visit us for the majority of the season! We are being penalised each and every way we turn for what?..... a handful of away fans!!

My sympathies are with you Norman.

Has the CoOp been sold then? If so I'm sure the owners will want to use any carpark on match days to cash in on football fans.

It's not really worth 1.2m to PVFC though, as development of the land could cost £1m as well. Then if you go residential you need change of use and that isn't certain. Also then you can't leave massive space for carparking on the odd match day.

There is no need to develop the land though. The building is already there and could pull in £25K a month rent. The car park is already there and we could use it to avoid having to make other changes. The land wouldn't really depreciate but would be a saleable asset. I have heard that a company is already planning to move in and run a business from there, not sure if they have bought the land though.

Archived