onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

AJ Leitch-Smith

werstayinup

Advert

Your statement is based on pure ignorance. Page managed to turn round two long losing runs last season - one of the hardest jobs in management at any level but please don't let the facts get in the way of your vitriol.

Turn around two losing runs? He caused one of them. Couple that with the retained list and the potential signing of AJLS do you really think he's up to it? Couple that with Glover getting the head scouting job...madness!

What does the AJ stand for - Absolute Joke? :)

This would be the first signing I would be disappointed with, however that said look at Sodje's and McPhee's record before they came here. Pope also was poor as he was in his first season with us and I remember refereeing Constantine in Toquay's reserves the week before I thought we 'wasted' 75k on him when he, Akinfenwa and Jo Kuffor couldn't have cared less and we're getting all manner of grief from their management. Football as some daft old guy once said 'is a funny old game', actually scratch that he also said Vale had no chance of beating Spurs in '88 :laugh:

We didn't pay anything like 75k for Constantine. I remember more like between 12 and 20k tops.

Why get personal about the 'AJ' bit as well? Not surprising some people don't want to come to/stay at the Vale

What a mess.

Best case scenario we're left with Leitch Smith, loanee, Dodds, Campion and Kapend.

Isn't it mint that we've lost 3 of our best 4 players from last year (Pope, Marshall, Veseli), we haven't and won't replace the 30 goals we have lost, we're getting excited about 2 twenty year olds at centre half and we have a chairman who can't adequately communicate what the budget is and whether we've spent it or not? Lob in an inexperienced manager who seems to have blown his pocket money on Anthony Grant and we're good to go.

smurfies barmy armie

Only the Chairman knows what will be spent on players, however a working budget based on STs etc would be agreed with the manager. I assume the budget is split into the areas of the squad, thus funds for any vacancies still unfilled will still be there. I see no point in alerting agents of the contents of the budget, they will have some idea, but why make their job easy?

My statement of Page gone by christmas is an opinion based on his signings and incase you have conveniently forgot, the shocking demise in his last 11 games last season.

He should never have got the job in the summer and did nothing to warrant it.

Completely agree - I've said for a while that I reckon he'll be gone by Christmas. This is based on -

- the utter dross served up in those last few months of last season (and even when we were winning games I actually said during one of those victories "How has Page got such a good home record?!", as we hardly dominated games or created chance after chance, and a number of times the opposition could/should have been 2-3 up, were it not for poor finishing or heroics by Neal)

- his crap tactics (one up front at home to relegation strugglers.....and that one being Ben Williamson!)

- the classic sign of a manager that had lost it - i.e. making 4 or 5 changes each and every game until we finally avoided defeat (including the desperate ploy of selecting a defence just because it was the one that had last kept a clean sheet months previously)

- and then doing the complete opposite when we did finally avoid defeat, saying

Why risk it?
when asked if he would make any changes for the next match

- his bizarre opinions and hype of certain players - eg

'Willo' is a fantastic player for this football club

- the ridiculous retained list (i.e. why keep Lloyd after 2-3 years of having no impact but then sign an identical type of player - another 21 year old left midfielder with no league experience)

- stating that he "respects Dean Glover's judgment" and constantly having him trot down from the back of Lorne

Street to get in his ear throughout every home game last season

- finally, the massively irritating

We go again
b0ll0cks that he spouts incessantly after every defeat

Completely agree - I've said for a while that I reckon he'll be gone by Christmas. This is based on -

- the utter dross served up in those last few months of last season (and even when we were winning games I actually said during one of those victories "How has Page got such a good home record?!", as we hardly dominated games or created chance after chance, and a number of times the opposition could/should have been 2-3 up, were it not for poor finishing or heroics by Neal)

- his crap tactics (one up front at home to relegation strugglers.....and that one being Ben Williamson!)

- the classic sign of a manager that had lost it - i.e. making 4 or 5 changes each and every game until we finally avoided defeat (including the desperate ploy of selecting a defence just because it was the one that had last kept a clean sheet months previously)

- and then doing the complete opposite when we did finally avoid defeat, saying when asked if he would make any changes for the next match

- his bizarre opinions and hype of certain players - eg

- the ridiculous retained list (i.e. why keep Lloyd after 2-3 years of having no impact but then sign an identical type of player - another 21 year old left midfielder with no league experience)

- stating that he "respects Dean Glover's judgment" and constantly having him trot down from the back of Lorne

Street to get in his ear throughout every home game last season

- finally, the massively irritating b0ll0cks that he spouts incessantly after every defeat

Why don't you wait until we've actually played some games this season before you start axing the manager your over the top antics are disgusting

Why don't you wait until we've actually played some games this season before you start axing the manager your over the top antics are disgusting

Because I saw (and listened to) enough from him last season to form an opinion on his suitability (or lack of) as a successful manager.

Disgusting? :laugh: Typical of those goldfish-memory Vale fans that stick their heads in the sand despite the fact that we've 'lost' over 30 goals from last season with seemingly very few of those being replaced for the coming season.

To add my two penneth I too would take a lot of convincing AJLS would be worth spending a wage on. Before ANY more money is spent I'd like to see Ryan Inniss returning and a proper goalscorer or two, not a virtual carbon copy of Ben Williamson, ie, a forward who rarely scores. For me our squad is big enough apart from Inniss / alternative decent centre half and two goalscorers & if we can't get players who we know will score I'd take a chance on Campion and Kapend first then use the loan system if they don't come good.

Before any money is spent you want to see us sign 3 players? How are we going to do that without spending any money?

Because I saw (and listened to) enough from him last season to form an opinion on his suitability (or lack of) as a successful manager.

Disgusting? :laugh: Typical of those goldfish-memory Vale fans that stick their heads in the sand despite the fact that we've 'lost' over 30 goals from last season with seemingly very few of those being replaced for the coming season.x

Can you give me the lottery numbers for Saturday seeing as you can see into the future your attitude towards the players and manager is disgusting and quite frankly pathetic

your attitude towards the players and manager is disgusting and quite frankly pathetic

:laugh: Wipe away those tears!! Its a f ucking football fans forum, which is normally the place that people air their views on managers/players/tactics, etc. (.....or should we all just say how great everyone/everything to do with the team is, and clap like seals as Glenn Oliver used to after defeats?!)

One thing I will say is that its great that these days we are discussing/disagreeing about the very things that football fans should (i.e. on-pitch matters), as opposed to having to concern themsleves with the actual survival of the club.

Disgusting? :laugh: Typical of those goldfish-memory Vale fans that stick their heads in the sand despite the fact that we've 'lost' over 30 goals from last season with seemingly very few of those being replaced for the coming season.

Lost 30 goals?! I'm absolutely delighted that 9 of those goals have ****** off. Fully fit campion, Kapend, Byron Moore, all new signings. We've signed a goals citing midfielder and a winger with enough promise that two of the best youth systems in the country signed him.

If we went out and signed a 20 goal striker then we'd be playoff contenders.

How about those with short enough memories of when we spent way more than we had and almost didn't have w club to support?

Last seasons end was a fluke. We have improved every area except gk and attack.

:laugh: Wipe away those tears!! Its a f ucking football fans forum, which is normally the place that people air their views on managers/players/tactics, etc. (.....or should we all just say how great everyone/everything to do with the team is, and clap like seals as Glenn Oliver used to after defeats?!)

One thing I will say is that its great that these days we are discussing/disagreeing about the very things that football fans should (i.e. on-pitch matters), as opposed to having to concern themsleves with the actual survival of the club.

It's one thing discussing managers players and chairmen but when it becomes abusive then you are in the wrong some of you think you can play better than the players manage better than the manager and run a football club better than the chairman when in fact you just sit behind a screen spouting rubbish sometimes I really wonder if you are vale fans at all

Lost 30 goals?! I'm absolutely delighted that 9 of those goals have ****** off. Fully fit campion, Kapend, Byron Moore, all new signings. We've signed a goals citing midfielder and a winger with enough promise that two of the best youth systems in the country signed him.

If we went out and signed a 20 goal striker then we'd be playoff contenders.

How about those with short enough memories of when we spent way more than we had and almost didn't have w club to support?

Last seasons end was a fluke. We have improved every area except gk and attack.

I actually feel a bit sorry that you're getting excited about any of those things.

Archived