onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

lines gone

tisdeano

Advert

Saw him have 2-3 worldy games for us. The other 40 or so I saw I thought he was neither here nor there.

Not sure if he was overrated but he was definitely over hyped. Can see him being better at Rovers, what with being a fan and back at home.

Once again some really embarrassing, harsh, venomous comments above but unfortunately that's is what we've come to expect on here . It really does not show us in a very good light as supporters to anyone looking in from the outside .

Stupid as it seems and in this day of 'social media' when everyone seems to check out any site available can you imagine a prospective signing checking out the Club before putting pen to paper and reading some of this rubbish above !

Chris Lines is a good player of undoubted quality , unfortunately for what ever reason it did not work out for him with us , this happens , there is no need for the abuse when a player leaves , why can't people just say thanks an good luck and leave it at that ?

Anyway , good luck Chris , I for one wish you all the best and hope it works out for you , just a shame it didn't work out here .

Once again some really embarrassing, harsh, venomous comments above but unfortunately that's is what we've come to expect on here . It really does not show us in a very good light as supporters to anyone looking in from the outside .

Stupid as it seems and in this day of 'social media' when everyone seems to check out any site available can you imagine a prospective signing checking out the Club before putting pen to paper and reading some of this rubbish above !

Chris Lines is a good player of undoubted quality , unfortunately for what ever reason it did not work out for him with us , this happens , there is no need for the abuse when a player leaves , why can't people just say thanks an good luck and leave it at that ?

Anyway , good luck Chris , I for one wish you all the best and hope it works out for you , just a shame it didn't work out here .

In my opinion he's a really, really talented player. However when we needed him most at the end of last season he bottled it and ditched us. I'm not sure because of that he's a player deserving of huge praise.

In my opinion he's a really, really talented player. However when we needed him most at the end of last season he bottled it and ditched us. I'm not sure because of that he's a player deserving of huge praise.

No amount of huge praise given just really disappoints me with the total lack of respect and goodwill absent in comments given when someone departs our Club, no need for it at all .

As for ditching us ,none of us know the real reasons behind his loan departure last season and to some it was obvious he wasn't needed or he would have been picked, so really can't blame him for getting a regular game at his boyhood Club when the chance arose .

Good luck Chris Lines all the best at Bristol Rovers .

As for comments I agree with Beechy ,We should have kept loft he should have gone 12 months ago .

In all the time he played I only saw,him in the oppositions box three times ,a midfielder has to do a Earle ,Taylor ,Bogie job pop up in there box and put it in the net !!

Are you for real? People, myself included, giving our opinions that he wasn't very good and won't be missed at all is hardly abusing the player. I don't wish him good luck and neither do I wish him bad luck of course.

You must be a very timid and fragile soul.

Lines really annoyed me, when he joined I had extremely high hopes, after seeing him play I thought he was class, then came performances like the one vs Tranmere and I thought he was clearly our main man. Delighted to keep him after his first season, thought him and Oconnor would be a class partnership and it just didnt work. Lines stopped trying, and didnt look interested. Ive never seen a transformation that big in a short space of time from a very good player (and passer of the ball) to someone who was dire all last season when picked and couldnt pass for ****. His performance vs MK dons away was shameful.

Lines really annoyed me, when he joined I had extremely high hopes, after seeing him play I thought he was class, then came performances like the one vs Tranmere and I thought he was clearly our main man. Delighted to keep him after his first season, thought him and Oconnor would be a class partnership and it just didnt work. Lines stopped trying, and didnt look interested. Ive never seen a transformation that big in a short space of time from a very good player (and passer of the ball) to someone who was dire all last season when picked and couldnt pass for ****. His performance vs MK dons away was shameful.

I was never sure what he quite was. He can't tackle and has little desire to win personal duals, yet he wasn't creative enough going forward which is backed up by his stats for us, which at the end of the day were pretty poor for a player of some ability.

Good luck to Rovers when the chips are down on a wet Tuesday evening away to Accrington. They may as well be playing with 10 men.

I only ever saw him play a couple of times in his first season and I thought "We've found a gem here" so whilst I haven't seen it first hand it still comes a s a shock to read the comments on how bad he became. Especially as it seems it was due to a lack of interest/motivation.

Still, if he can't find the motivation we're better off without him as plenty of 'lesser' players who will give their all and so give us more

Archived