onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer Transfers

For me Arsenal don't lack attacking options..they lack a midfielder who can break up/disrupt opposition play before it becomes an attack.. a Matic, a Toure, a Keane, a Viera, a Busquets

maybe they'd have a chance of getting the last fellah above, but only a slim chance

Advert

Cech is a fantastic signing for The Gooners. Still got a few more years left in him too. And if the rumours are true about them putting in a £21m bid in for Vidal, then he could be the final jigsaw, especially if Theo signs too.

Next season could be one of the most exciting Premier Leagues for a long time.

I can't see past Chelsea for the title still. Man City are in meltdown at the moment and panic buying with no strategy. Man United are throwing money at everyone in the hope they get lucky. Arsenal will never win the title again while Arsene is in charge because he can't/won't buy the defenders he needs to go to places like Stoke and win. Liverpool are miles behind Chelsea and don't have the CL football to attract the players they need at this moment. Tottenham aren't worth talking about.

For me Arsenal don't lack attacking options..they lack a midfielder who can break up/disrupt opposition play before it becomes an attack.. a Matic, a Toure, a Keane, a Viera, a Busquets

maybe they'd have a chance of getting the last fellah above, but only a slim chance

They've been lacking certain players for years, and probably still will be going into next season. Cech is obviously a good signing as he's better than what they have, although he's past his very best. But until they sign a top defensive midfield player and a better partner for Koscielny than Mertesacker they'll have the same old shortcoming than they've had for seasons now that will prevent them from winning the Premier League or doing something of actual note in Europe. Arsenal also lack big game mentality for whatever reason, perhaps down to Wenger not being up to the job tactically. Yes, they did a bit better last season than they usually do but their record against the top clubs over the last number of years is pretty shocking.

I can't see past Chelsea for the title still. Man City are in meltdown at the moment and panic buying with no strategy. Man United are throwing money at everyone in the hope they get lucky. Arsenal will never win the title again while Arsene is in charge because he can't/won't buy the defenders he needs to go to places like Stoke and win. Liverpool are miles behind Chelsea and don't have the CL football to attract the players they need at this moment. Tottenham aren't worth talking about.

You f,or got to mention Wenger's obsession with midfielders and utterly bizarre insistence that he doesn't need a quality striker! Giroud isn't CLOSE quality, he isn't even Europa League standard

You f,or got to mention Wenger's obsession with midfielders and utterly bizarre insistence that he doesn't need a quality striker! Giroud isn't CLOSE quality, he isn't even Europa League standard

You've just made beasty spit his dandelion and burdock all over the place. After one decent season he thinks that Giroud is the best striker in world football! The same as Ozil is right up there with Messi and Ronaldo, and Ramsey better than Gareth Bale...

You've just made beasty spit his dandelion and burdock all over the place. After one decent season he thinks that Giroud is the best striker in world football! The same as Ozil is right up there with Messi and Ronaldo, and Ramsey better than Gareth Bale...

Beechy you little monkey you. I've never said Giroud is world class, I just said I wouldn't swop him for Sturridge. Arsenal do need a world class striker, but who, I don't know. Giroud is class, and would walk in most Prem sides, especially those is Europa League. but cant see them winning the league with him on his own..

And deep down you know Ozil and Rambo are class..:razz:

Coquelin was outstanding 2nd half of last season, and for that I don't think Wenger will be looking to replace him, though if he did get injured having Flamini and Arteta don't get me to excited..

Archived