onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer Transfers

That's more like it for a club like Liverpool.

Benteke is a beast and if he can remain fit and focussed he could prove just what the doctor ordered.

I'm a bit surprised to see Newcastle splashing the cash. Long overdue but I thought the Cockney Fat ******* wanted to keep his money in the bank.

Advert

Good to see the Benteke deal be completed today. He averaged a goal every other game for Villa so in a more creative side with the likes of Coutinho and Lallana there's no reason at all why he won't score goals for us providing that he handles the pressure of playing for a big club and for a big transfer fee. He's at a very good age too, I didn't realize he was quite as young as he was until today! Nobody can argue that a front line that consists of Benteke, Sturridge, Firmino and Ibe isn't exciting, along with decent backup in Ings and Origi, the latter who has looked more than decent in pre-season thus far. Well, not unless your username is Howjy. ;)

Another pretty good signing too for Newcastle in Alexandar Mitrovic. He'll be well suited to the style of football over here and will score goals for them.

Benteke is Rodgers first class proven signing, hope for Liverpoool. On Origi he has some work to do as despite bursting on to the scene with some promise was voted in his leagues worst team of the year last season so Howjy may have a point ;)

Good to see the Benteke deal be completed today. He averaged a goal every other game for Villa so in a more creative side with the likes of Coutinho and Lallana there's no reason at all why he won't score goals for us providing that he handles the pressure of playing for a big club and for a big transfer fee. He's at a very good age too, I didn't realize he was quite as young as he was until today! Nobody can argue that a front line that consists of Benteke, Sturridge, Firmino and Ibe isn't exciting, along with decent backup in Ings and Origi, the latter who has looked more than decent in pre-season thus far. Well, not unless your username is Howjy. ;)

Another pretty good signing too for Newcastle in Alexandar Mitrovic. He'll be well suited to the style of football over here and will score goals for them.

I've gone all funny in my trousers thinking about the excitement of watching Liverpool's front line.Even funnier thinking about the defence.:laugh:

Benteke is Rodgers first class proven signing' date=' hope for Liverpoool. On Origi he has some work to do as despite bursting on to the scene with some promise was voted in his leagues worst team of the year last season so Howjy may have a point ;)[/quote']

But in regards to value for money this summer Nathaniel Clyne is the best signing by Rodgers. Less than 12 million is a steal for someone who will be England's' right-back for years to come, possibly one of the best right-backs around if he continues to learn and improve.

Him, Benteke (although perhaps 12 million too expensive) and Milner are all very good signings and are proven Prmiership players that improve Liverpool.

In fairness you were saying the same thing the season that Liverpool got within a whisker of winning the league.

In fairness you were saying you were going to sweep the PL, Champions League and World Vlub Championship aside this time last season when you signed Lovren, Balotelli and Lambert! :laugh:

Definite improved signings but I too doubt top four unless one of the big teams blow up. 5th place for Liverpool should be a given.

, possibly one of the best right-backs around if he continues to learn and improve..

At 12 million he should already be one of the best right-backs around. Liverpool should be signing the finished article for that sort of money not potential. I fear he'll be another repeat of Johnson.

At 12 million he should already be one of the best right-backs around. Liverpool should be signing the finished article for that sort of money not potential. I fear he'll be another repeat of Johnson.

What?! He's 24 and won't even be at his peak for another few years yet. To say he should already be the finished article is absolute nonsense. Also, he's already one of the best right-backs in the country anyway.

What?! He's 24 and won't even be at his peak for another few years yet. To say he should already be the finished article is absolute nonsense.

At that price he should be..Liverpool should be buying the finished article for 12m if they want to get back to being one of the big boys, not potential.

Also, he's already one of the best right-backs in the country anyway.

You are the one who said "possibly one of the best right-backs around if he continues to learn and improve"

• 1 month later...
Good to see the Benteke deal be completed today. He averaged a goal every other game for Villa so in a more creative side with the likes of Coutinho and Lallana there's no reason at all why he won't score goals for us providing that he handles the pressure of playing for a big club and for a big transfer fee. He's at a very good age too, I didn't realize he was quite as young as he was until today! Nobody can argue that a front line that consists of Benteke, Sturridge, Firmino and Ibe isn't exciting, along with decent backup in Ings and Origi, the latter who has looked more than decent in pre-season thus far.

I see the Nostradamus of football is right again.

Archived