onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer Transfers

Much as it pains me to say it, I think Stoke have strengthened the most of the teams in the top half but outside the top 4. I can see them running the likes of Liverpool and Spurs closer this season. I think Swansea may have peaked, it is tricky to see Southampton rebuilding a team for the third season in a row and having the same "success" and people seem to have worked out Martinez at Everton, sadly.

I don't see it myself. Joselu isn't any better than Crouch, just younger. Van Ginkel is completely unproven in this league. Glen Johnson is on the decline but is a decent enough signing seeing as he cost nothing. Wollscheid I know little about. I'd say at the moment they've made some solid signings but little more.

Advert

I don't see it myself. Joselu isn't any better than Crouch, just younger. Van Ginkel is completely unproven in this league. Glen Johnson is on the decline but is a decent enough signing seeing as he cost nothing. Wollscheid I know little about. I'd say at the moment they've made some solid signings but little more.

Have you seen much of Joselu, with the right integration I think he could be a real find for Stoke?

Have you seen much of Joselu' date=' with the right integration I think he could be a real find for Stoke?[/quote']

Enough to know that he's a decent signing. He's quite strong and holds up the ball well, technically decent. But he won't score more than 10 goals for Stoke in the Premier League. Personally, I think Crouch is a better player, but Joselu is around 25 I believe and still has his best years ahead of him.

Delph obviously did a U-turn upon hearing that Villa are about to sell their other best player. All of a sudden Villa are looking like relegation candidates once again.

Also, for me Fabian is a better player than both Fernando and Fernandinho and I don't see why he can't keep either of them out of the side and become a regular at City.

Good to see the Benteke deal be completed today. He averaged a goal every other game for Villa so in a more creative side with the likes of Coutinho and Lallana there's no reason at all why he won't score goals for us providing that he handles the pressure of playing for a big club and for a big transfer fee. He's at a very good age too, I didn't realize he was quite as young as he was until today! Nobody can argue that a front line that consists of Benteke, Sturridge, Firmino and Ibe isn't exciting, along with decent backup in Ings and Origi, the latter who has looked more than decent in pre-season thus far. Well, not unless your username is Howjy. ;)

Another pretty good signing too for Newcastle in Alexandar Mitrovic. He'll be well suited to the style of football over here and will score goals for them.

Archived