onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer Transfers

Absolute nonsense. He's 30, why is he past his best? He's at his peak if anything, and the type of player he is he'll be able to control games for a good few years as he's never relied on pace the same way as Andrea Pirlo doesn't or hasn't.

You really are clueless. Stick to knitting, eh?

Whilst I agree with your thoughts on the player you can't half be repulsive at times! ;)

United have signed well, if they can get De Gea on another contract the top four will be a closed shop this season.

Advert

Whilst I agree with your thoughts on the player you can't half be repulsive at times! ;)

United have signed well, if they can get De Gea on another contract the top four will be a closed shop this season.

Or perhaps it's just a case of one or two people on this forum are little sensitive souls. I just smile at all of the nonsense I have thrown my way instead of getting my knickers in a twist over what a few nerdy web ***** are spouting over a message board. ;)

There's also little to no chance that De Gea will stay after making it known to all that he wants to go.

So Liverpool are on the verge of signing Benteke. I've always had mixed feelings with him, despite him causing Liverpool all sorts of trouble every game we've played against Villa recently, but he's a proven scorer in the Premier League at the end of the day and a front three of him, Sturridge and Firmino will cause any side problems, and Lallana, Ings and Markovic aren't bad back up either. One good center-back brought in and Liverpool's starting 11 will be looking very decent indeed.

Forgot about Jordan Ibe too, who could well turn out to be a better player than Sterling. With Origi part of the squad after spending last season on loan I really see no future at Liverpool for Lambert, Balotelli or Borini.

Forgot about Jordan Ibe too, who could well turn out to be a better player than Sterling. With Origi part of the squad after spending last season on loan I really see no future at Liverpool for Lambert, Balotelli or Borini.

Or Rodgers.:D

So Liverpool are on the verge of signing Benteke. I've always had mixed feelings with him, despite him causing Liverpool all sorts of trouble every game we've played against Villa recently, but he's a proven scorer in the Premier League at the end of the day and a front three of him, Sturridge and Firmino will cause any side problems, and Lallana, Ings and Markovic aren't bad back up either. One good center-back brought in and Liverpool's starting 11 will be looking very decent indeed.

Are you optimistic of Sturridge ever being consistently fit?

Confident of finishing in the top 7 then this season, Beechy?

Absolutely. Though Liverpool will certainly need to have a better start to the season this time around, and Sturridge needs to have a much better season in regards to game time. Spurs have yet to really strengthen their first 11, Everton have yet to sign anyone of real note that improves them considerably...

Are you optimistic of Sturridge ever being consistently fit?

Not at all, but he did play a lot of games the season before that it shouldn't be forgotten. If he had just played 50% more games last season than he did then Liverpool would have surely been a small number of points better off.

Absolutely. Though Liverpool will certainly need to have a better start to the season this time around, and Sturridge needs to have a much better season in regards to game time. Spurs have yet to really strengthen their first 11, Everton have yet to sign anyone of real note that improves them considerably...

Much as it pains me to say it, I think Stoke have strengthened the most of the teams in the top half but outside the top 4. I can see them running the likes of Liverpool and Spurs closer this season. I think Swansea may have peaked, it is tricky to see Southampton rebuilding a team for the third season in a row and having the same "success" and people seem to have worked out Martinez at Everton, sadly.

Confident of finishing in the top 7 then this season, Beechy?

Even Rodgers couldn't take them below the top 7 surely?

Benteke would be a good signing but it's worrying they will have spent virtually £300m and not signed a world class / renowned name other than possibly Balotelli which was a huge failure. When Rodgers does eventually get the push they really must look for a quality big name manger if they want to be anything other than also rans.

Much as it pains me to say it, I think Stoke have strengthened the most of the teams in the top half but outside the top 4. I can see them running the likes of Liverpool and Spurs closer this season. I think Swansea may have peaked, it is tricky to see Southampton rebuilding a team for the third season in a row and having the same "success" and people seem to have worked out Martinez at Everton, sadly.

What would progress for Stoke be? Europe I guess and attracting genuinely world class players or the biggest names like Shaqiri?

Archived