onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer Transfers

Liverpool will probably sign Carlos Bacca next. He's a player that has scored 50 odd goals in the last two seasons for Sevilla in La Liga and at 28 year old is probably at his peak right now. Him along with Nathaniel Clyne will probably conclude Liverpool's signings this summer. If we can get Sturridge back fit on a regular basis and scoring every other week as he did the season before last that will also be like a new signing in many ways.

Advert

I saw today that 10 million was the offer for clyne but they want 12... Surely he's worth more than that?!? Be a great signing.

Absolutely. He has a lot of improving to do on the defensive side of his game, as to be expected really considering his age, but at 12 million that would be an excellent bit of business for someone who could well be England's right back for many years to come.

I'd still love to see Liverpool go for Walcott if he doesn't sign a new contract at Arsenal. A front three of Sturridge, Walcott and Firminho with the likes of Coutinho and Lallana providing them would potentially be a quality forward line, with the safety of workers/grafters like Henderson and Milner behind them.

Nonsense. Why won't Milner improve Liverpool? He'll certainly strengthen the squad and give Rodgers more options with his ability to play in a number of positions. Gomez is a kid so who knows what he will or won't achieve at this moment in time. Ings I'm no fan of but I'd much rather have him coming off the bench than either Lambert or Balotelli. And Firminho, his ability, is only unknown to people that know next to nothing about football. Granted that you can never be sure how Brazilians will adapt but the Bundesliga, in which he's been a gem in over the last few years, is hardly worlds apart from the Premiership, the same regarding Germany and England in regards to it's climate. If he can be a success over there then he can certainly be one over here.

Point proved. They are shoddy signings and Rodgers will be gone probably before Christmas. Milner is toss. Absolute garbage.

Point proved. They are shoddy signings and Rodgers will be gone probably before Christmas. Milner is toss. Absolute garbage.

Can't agree. The jury is very much out on Ings and whether he can step up, and although I hate Milner in an England shirt he does a good job in the Premier League. There's a reason why Man City and Pellegrini were very keen to keep him as a squad player. Firminho is an exciting signing and I believe he's a better player than Sterling is currently, although a few years older, and Clyne, who Liverpool will sign over the weekend, is right up there in terms of best right-backs in the country despite his young age, and will be an excellent bit of business for 12 million or so.

Can't agree. The jury is very much out on Ings and whether he can step up, and although I hate Milner in an England shirt he does a good job in the Premier League. There's a reason why Man City and Pellegrini were very keen to keep him as a squad player. Firminho is an exciting signing and I believe he's a better player than Sterling is currently, although a few years older, and Clyne, who Liverpool will sign over the weekend, is right up there in terms of best right-backs in the country despite his young age, and will be an excellent bit of business for 12 million or so.

I didn't expect anything different, you Liverpool fans never agree with logic . Rodgers has spunked another 50m up the wall. Added to the 200+ he had already wasted. I don't think the owners will give him any more time , he still hasn't fixed that woeful defence. Milner replacing Gerrard is hysterical.

They needed a firmino signing, but also a kroos, wilshere, khediera even Alex song is a better signing for less money than milner.

Ings isn't a top four player, simples really.

I don't think you will trouble the champions league spots this season , but let's see come next April

I didn't expect anything different, you Liverpool fans never agree with logic . Rodgers has spunked another 50m up the wall. Added to the 200+ he had already wasted. I don't think the owners will give him any more time , he still hasn't fixed that woeful defence. Milner replacing Gerrard is hysterical.

They needed a firmino signing, but also a kroos, wilshere, khediera even Alex song is a better signing for less money than milner.

Ings isn't a top four player, simples really.

I don't think you will trouble the champions league spots this season , but let's see come next April

Sorry but Milner is better than Song. Milner goes about and does his job, and he's ****ing good at it. Personally I feel that's a fantastic signing. Danny Ings obviously isn't a top 4 player but Liverpool haven't signed him thinking he was. A young English striker signs foe a team like Liverpool we all should be wishing him luck and hope he turns into a top Striker for the sake of our national team not Liverpool.

Too many years ago there was a discussion on here about Glen Johnson (signed for 18M I think) and the potential that he had and I seem to recall people arguing that for 18M he should be the finished article not a potentially good player. For me he never became anything like an 18M player and was a flop at Liverpool. Now it seems again that 12M(ish) is to be spent on a full back (Clyne) who is potentially a very good signing..Liverpool should be signing proven players for that sort of money..not potential. He may work out and go on to be a world beater but still Liverpool should be paying for proven quality at such prices and I fear they are repeating what happened with Johnson.

Personally I like Milner as a player and given the right role he can do a good job for Liverpool but not week in week out and they need more players who perform consistently well week in week out. Hard to find admittedly

Everton are to sign Deulofu permanently, cracking little player.

And do people think Arsenal signing Cech would make them title contenders?

Will help enormously as he's still quality and will instill more confidence in the defenders

Arsenal need a good start and then maybe they will be genuine contenders..for some reason they seem slow starters in recent years

Will help enormously as he's still quality and will instill more confidence in the defenders

Arsenal need a good start and then maybe they will be genuine contenders..for some reason they seem slow starters in recent years

If they sign could prove to be the best signing of the season.

I don't think Arsenal are to far behind the likes of Chelsea or Man City.

A player like Pogba or Vidal would certainly put them up there.

And the football they play is just a joy to watch and is the reason we all love "the beautiful game"

Archived