onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer Transfers

He's not a striker. He's more of a creative wide player, or someone that can play behind a striker. Think of him as Sterling with less natural pace but with better dribbling, flair and finishing, along with having a better appetite for the game.

Up front then it's Ings( championship player) and Mario(lol).

Advert

Realistically can anybody on here see Liverpool breaking into the top four in the foreseeable future!!

No,the manager rebuilds a squad every season even after finishing second in the prem when one or two additions would have sufficed.

I feel that Liverpool can sign who they like and are making some interesting signings that may do well. But they have cemented their failure by sticking with a goal keeper I don't think is good enough to replace Chris Neal at Vale Park.

I feel that Liverpool can sign who they like and are making some interesting signings that may do well. But they have cemented their failure by sticking with a goal keeper I don't think is good enough to replace Chris Neal at Vale Park.

Very harsh. He's not an outstanding keeper and needs to improve certain aspects of his game, especially his consistency over long periods. But he's still relatively young for a goalie and he had his excellent games last season along with his poorer one's. He's not as good as Reina but he was hardly the weak link in Liverpool's side last season.

What an excellent discussion point.

I thought I was quite generous- I didn't include West Ham. :laugh:

There is no club in Europe who have spent so much money for so little return - In addition to those already mentioned there is Balotelli, Sakho, Borini, Moreno, Mignolet, Origi, Lambert, Manquillo, Alberto, Allen, Aspas, Enrique, Ossaidi and Ilori. A number of those won't be at the club at the start of this season. Only Sturridge, and Coutinho are definite successes. Rodgers has spent £215m on 28 players in three years.

Last year no Suarez, this year no Gerrard.

I won't try to disagree that Rodgers' signings overall leaves a lot to be desired. But the likes of Moreno, Allen and Mignolet can't be considered poor signings, they've all done well in periods but just not consistently. Origi has yet to kick a ball in a Liverpool shirt too, that also goes for Ilori.

Up front then it's Ings( championship player) and Mario(lol).

Ings scored 11 or 12 goals for a poor and ultimately relegated side in the Premier League last season. I can't say I'm at all ecstatic about his signing but to say he's just a Championship player is absolute nonsense. But then again it is coming from you, so certainly not surprising. ;)

No,the manager rebuilds a squad every season even after finishing second in the prem when one or two additions would have sufficed.

He had to rebuild in the summer last season as Liverpool had Champions League football to consider, and the squad was nowhere near big enough at the time. The same as people knew he needed to try and sort out the defence, and it's exactly what he tried to do with the signing of Lovren, who was highly-rated at Southampton and was coming off the back of an excellent season, amongst a couple of others.

Ings scored 11 or 12 goals for a poor and ultimately relegated side in the Premier League last season. I can't say I'm at all ecstatic about his signing but to say he's just a Championship player is absolute nonsense. But then again it is coming from you, so certainly not surprising. ;)

No Beechy,are you ever right?." Ings is a Championship player" Quote Beechy.

Is this thread about beechy trying to justify Liverpool's shoddy signings? Ings, milner, Gomez won't improve Liverpool. This firmino is an unknown, chances are he will fade away as most Brazilians do over here.

They also seem to be focusing on attacking players when they have a ***** keeper , and terrible back four. A good commanding Centre back and begovic should have been top of the list.

My guess is Rodgers won't see the season out.

Archived