onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer Transfers

Liverpool have gone from SAS (Sturridge and Suarez) to LMFAO (Lambert, Milner, Firminho, Allen, Origi).

(Nicked from Facebook)

That's terrible. And the nerd who made it up is going to stay a virgin for a very, very long time I should imagine.

Advert

Is this thread about beechy trying to justify Liverpool's shoddy signings? Ings, milner, Gomez won't improve Liverpool. This firmino is an unknown, chances are he will fade away as most Brazilians do over here.

They also seem to be focusing on attacking players when they have a ***** keeper , and terrible back four. A good commanding Centre back and begovic should have been top of the list.

My guess is Rodgers won't see the season out.

Nonsense. Why won't Milner improve Liverpool? He'll certainly strengthen the squad and give Rodgers more options with his ability to play in a number of positions. Gomez is a kid so who knows what he will or won't achieve at this moment in time. Ings I'm no fan of but I'd much rather have him coming off the bench than either Lambert or Balotelli. And Firminho, his ability, is only unknown to people that know next to nothing about football. Granted that you can never be sure how Brazilians will adapt but the Bundesliga, in which he's been a gem in over the last few years, is hardly worlds apart from the Premiership, the same regarding Germany and England in regards to it's climate. If he can be a success over there then he can certainly be one over here.

A lot of players who have been excellent in Germany have been no more than average over here. Off the top of my head, De Bruyne, Mertesacker, Podolski. Going further back Michael Ballack wasn't the same player at Chelsea.

On the other hand the likes of Kompany, Berbatov, Lehmann and Hamann weren't half bad. Ballack arguably wasn't the same player but that was more to do with his peak being at Leverkusen more than anything else. De Bruyne was never given a chance by Chelsea (Mourinho) and if he signs for City as looks likely this summer I'm sure he'll show what a good young player he is in the Premier League once given an opportunity to do so.

If Liverpool signed Messi the usual lot here would be doubting the signing one way or another.

Or those with not enough time on their hands to tune in to the Bundesliga or other European leagues of course. I personally have never heard of the fella and have coaches badges to prove that I at least know something about the beautiful game.......

It's got nothing to do with time. I fail to see how anyone with even the slightest bit of interest in football outside of this country, or Stoke-on-Trent, hasn't at least heard of him seeing as he's a very exciting young player and a full Brazil International.

On the other hand the likes of Kompany, Berbatov, Lehmann and Hamann weren't half bad. Ballack arguably wasn't the same player but that was more to do with his peak being at Leverkusen more than anything else. De Bruyne was never given a chance by Chelsea (Mourinho) and if he signs for City as looks likely this summer I'm sure he'll show what a good young player he is in the Premier League once given an opportunity to do so.

If Liverpool signed Messi the usual lot here would be doubting the signing one way or another.

Not disputing that, merely disputing that just because someone has been a success in Germany, it doesn't necessarily follow that they will be successful here. Gut instinct is this character will be another Brazilian flop, but who knows?

Not disputing that, merely disputing that just because someone has been a success in Germany, it doesn't necessarily follow that they will be successful here. Gut instinct is this character will be another Brazilian flop, but who knows?

You're part of the anti-Liverpool brigade here, although less annoying than the others, so of course your gut instinct or feeling will tell you that. ;)

As I've said, he's got bags of ability but that doesn't mean he's absolutely going to be a success. But he's not a Brazilian that does a bit of skill and then walks about the pitch looking miserable. He works tirelessly for the team and that will stand him in good stead for the hustle and bustle of the Premier League. On paper he's an excellent signing, what Liverpool needed, but obviously he now has to be given the chance to prove if he's going to be a success story or not. I remember some people having the same doubts about Suarez when he joined Liverpool - That he wouldn't work hard enough, that the Dutch league is the equivalent of the Championship and he won't be able to cope with the physical defenders over here etc etc.

Not a player I've heard of but I did see his miss against Colombia.5 year contract seems a lot.Why weren't the top German teams in for him?

Not a player I've heard of but I did see his miss against Colombia.5 year contract seems a lot.Why weren't the top German teams in for him?

Bayern don't need him and Dortmund couldn't afford him, either his transfer fee or wages. Simple as that really, though I'm sure you'll no doubt go on and try to make something else out of it. :rolleyes:

It's got nothing to do with time?? I coach kids football, I watch Stoke pretty much week in week out and take in quite a lot of lower league games including Vale. I read articles on football and watch major tournaments etc. yet know very little about this so called superstar. Unless you're glued to the telly watching European football not sure how people can be so well informed? I'd say it's got everything to do with time (And I don't live in Stoke-on-Trent)

The Football Manager/FIFA generation you see, everyone thinks they're an expert.........

I don't play either game, and haven't done for many years. I don't pretend to be an expert on football or anything else for that matter. I'm just genuinely surprised you've not at least heard of him. If you take offense at that, as you seem to be doing for some strange reason, then that's your problem and not mine.

I don't play either game, and haven't done for many years. I don't pretend to be an expert on football or anything else for that matter. I'm just genuinely surprised you've not at least heard of him. If you take offense at that, as you seem to be doing for some strange reason, then that's your problem and not mine.

You're not an expert on football Beechy?Hoorah! You've got something right.

Bayern don't need him and Dortmund couldn't afford him, either his transfer fee or wages. Simple as that really, though I'm sure you'll no doubt go on and try to make something else out of it. :rolleyes:

So basically you're saying the Bundesliga,apart from Bayern,is sh... Not very good?

Not offended in the slightest. Just entrigued as to how everyone's an expert on players they very rarely watch. How many times have you watched this fella in action?

I'm no expert on the player. But he's a very talented young player that's attracted interest from other top clubs over the last year or so, including Manchester United, and he's often in those 'Top *insert number here* young players in Europe' articles you find here and there. I've seen enough of him to know that he's potentially a fantastic signing for Liverpool at a great price.

Archived