onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Arrests at FIFA

Exactly. And I am sure also that a lot of the votes for Blatter are solely to prevent a new president getting in who may actually start a proper full internal investigation. Corruption is rife and we see it demonstrated right here.

Which could give the impression that it is a closed shop.But IF these latest investigations do find any wrong doing then I hope that they really go to town on all involved and really hammer them.But people need to be found guilty first.

Advert

133 people have voted for a fool. I wonder if they can look at themselves in the mirror.

Now Blatter says he will step down after this term. Heard that one before.

He's talking about issues like Oceania having only half a slot in the WC.. What???? Get your house in order man. You are presiding again over a total disgrace of a governing body.

Ali withdraws. Blatter wins. What a disgrace. Let's hope the FBI have something up their sleeve.

Wonder what his reasons to withdraw are?

Why bother to come all this way then withdraw?

What a farce.

Wonder what his reasons to withdraw are?

Why bother to come all this way then withdraw?

What a farce.

It was the decent thing to do. No point in wasting everyone's time. 32 delegates would have had to change their vote. It wasn't going to happen.

As long as its a law unto itself it will get away with this sort of thing..who actually regulates FIFA? or indeed UEFA or any of the other assocaitions???? Who has jurisdiction over FIFA and its members?

I suspect (and I hope that I am wrong) that a lot of 'wrong doing' will be proven but no criminal activity....or it will have taken place where the country involved won't do anything

It's self-governing,that's the main problem,loads of staff,sponsors and officials all protecting their own interests.

Blatter has to be stopped somehow, the only two ways I can see this happening is if UEFA breaks away rendering the World Cup and the whole FIFA organisation meaningless or one or more of the sponsors decide to withdraw from FIFA.

I find it quite scary that one man can control and manipulate an organization the way Blatter does, a truly evil man wrapped up in himself.

The issue is now very much in the hands of Michel Platini and UEFA. The fact is that a World Cup without Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland, England, Portugal and France is both worthless and meaningless on both a competitive and financial level. Add to the mix other anti FIFA nations such as the USA and Brazil and you essentially have a World Cup that is a farce and completely unattractive to supporters and, crucially, to sponsors. If UEFA were to break away with the support of the US and Brazil, FIFA have nothing tangible left. Let's have the Europian Championships played every other year and no UEFA members in the World Cup. Special invites could be dispensed to Brazil, the USA and other straight-thinking nations to also compete. If that were the case, FIFA would do well to last another 5 years, let alone ten. It all comes down to whether UEFA and Monsieur Platini have the balls to instigate it.

The issue is now very much in the hands of Michel Platini and UEFA. The fact is that a World Cup without Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland, England, Portugal and France is both worthless and meaningless on both a competitive and financial level. Add to the mix other anti FIFA nations such as the USA and Brazil and you essentially have a World Cup that is a farce and completely unattractive to supporters and, crucially, to sponsors. If UEFA were to break away with the support of the US and Brazil, FIFA have nothing tangible left. Let's have the Europian Championships played every other year and no UEFA members in the World Cup. Special invites could be dispensed to Brazil, the USA and other straight-thinking nations to also compete. If that were the case, FIFA would do well to last another 5 years, let alone ten. It all comes down to whether UEFA and Monsieur Platini have the balls to instigate it.

Nice idea but I can't see it ever happening. The greed and corruption of the respective FA's and UEFA won't allow it. Is Platini really a better man?

This unfortunately is the issue with one vote per nation. Blatter specifically targets the smaller nations and, through patronage, he basically entrenches himself as president. I wonder how many of the top 30 nations voted for Blatter.

With respect, when we have the likes of the US Virgin Islands and New Caledonia having the same voting powers as Brazil, Germany et al, then it is very easy to manipulate the situation to your advantage while you are the incumbent. Of course, he would not change the voting system as that would be like shooting himself in the foot. So options to remove such a president are limited.

So, although I would prefer a clean FIFA, it's not going to realistically happen, is it? So the option for the big countries to leave FIFA must be considered, and I'm not just talking about European countries. While there's lots of money coming into an organisation from wealthy sponsors etc, greed and corruption will always be a risk. But with FIFA, it is so ingrained in the organisation that I just don't see it ever getting its house in order, while it is as cash rich as it is today.

If we think about having another governing body then we go down the route of boxing, darts and so on. It dilutes the sport. But because FIFA is so corrupt, and this never seems to be debated, it looks to me like the only choice. But a new governing body must be accountable somehow and that's where things can get difficult, especially if the wrong people are at the helm.

For UEFA, the question for me is, do the European nations need FIFA more than FIFA needs the European nations? A FIFA without UEFA is dead imo.

Archived