onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurfs got the wembley bug......

Advert

Yes you can. Its complete bs that hes spouting just because we havent offered pope an even better contract. Wont see another positive post this season it will all be slagging of the chairman
Totally wrong once again 'you and your little gang' twist and distort everything that I post. Read my last one again and it is a fact not fiction. It was nothing to do with Tom Pope though he is one of the better players who I do think has been treated quite disrespectfully by the chairman.

Only time will tell whether I am right or wrong and I do hope by the way that I'm wrong.

I don't care if I get 100 - comments on here because what I say is the truth and sometimes the truth hurts. Look at Preston's forward line which will have cost more alone than our total budget. They say money doesn't guarantee success but without money in football you get nowhere I'm sorry to say.

If Smurf hasn't or isn't prepared to put the funds in that's fine it's his wallet and his decision but please, please stop telling us that he can get us to the Championship because it will never happen on cut budgets. Sadly money rules football.

His lack of money isn't the only problem.

just to put next season into perspective, it was confirmed on radio sjoke this morning that wigan will have a budget in excess of x 10 that of crwho , ours will probably be about 2/300,000 more than crwho's . taking that into account, it shows what the gulf is like , albeit swindon reached the p/off final, with a budget similar to ours this season ? it would be nice to feel positive about next season but that feeling is a long way off for me at the moment.

The odds are that we'll lose maybe 3-4-5 players whom turn down their offers and go elsewhere. Unfortunately that will probably include several of the ones we want to keep, like Marshall, but they'll go.

The issue then is: is the manager able to spot a player who will improve the team on the reduced budget he's got? It is possible but if our better players leave then Page has got a hell of a job. And don't kid yourselves it's going to be easy. It won't be.

SCFC could be a good source of loan players for us..maybe even signings. It would not go down well with some PVFC supporters but if they sign up and do the business that will soon be forgotten

I suspect Norman is a pretty good networker and is learning the importance of it

Archived