onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurfs got the wembley bug......

I disagree. I would argue that Vale are more likely to make a profit being season after season pushing for promotion from L1. With the Championship comes increased gates and increased TV money, but this is more than offset by increased squad costs in order to be competitive.

Look at Stoke as an example of this. All the money they get from being in the PL, the good attendances they get, and yet they post a £31 million loss for last year.

I asked a Sjoke Season Ticket holder about this £31 million loss and he laughed and said you must be joking there is money coming out of our ears. Personally I doubt if they would have 'frozen' their ticket price for 7 years if there was any truth in the story.

Advert

I asked a Sjoke Season Ticket holder about this £31 million loss and he laughed and said you must be joking there is money coming out of our ears. Personally I doubt if they would have 'frozen' their ticket price for 7 years if there was any truth in the story.

We actually made a 4 million profit last year.....

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/stoke-city-you-better-you-bet.html

I would love Smurf to actually invest in the club. The only way this club will ever return a profit is being back in the Championship. Otherwise Smurf is just wasting his money and is basically not better than Bill Bratt with a twitter account and a few natty fancy dress costumes.

We would all like to spend someone else's money for our own preferred causes.

Posts like this are ill-considered, and more likely to make club owners put less money in.

We actually made a 4 million profit last year.....

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/stoke-city-you-better-you-bet.html

Yeah, looks like I got the season wrong. From your article:

In 2013/14 Stoke improved their bottom line by an impressive £35 million, converting a £31 million loss the previous season into a £4 million profit

I still make that -£27 million over two seasons.

That comparison is so off the mark... bratt took his money out long before he left then sold his shares... he didnt put any in.

Smurf has to adjust to the idea that its not how much he throws at it.....

Excellent post.

I think he is now which is why I wouldn't be surprised he was slightly dismayed by the retained list like the rest of us.

Yeah, looks like I got the season wrong. From your article:

I still make that -£27 million over two seasons.

Creative accounting I think it's called! :D

That and one of the reasons TP had to go, I think they wrote off Crouch's fee etc early for some reason and that was the result.

As for spending the money, you've got to balance it really, TP in the end didn't do that. He spent 10/12 million on Crouch who had no/little resale value and it leaves you with financial holes like that one the year before last we had. But as well especially where we are generally if you're not spending you're going backwards. Hopefully Hughes can carry on getting some gems on a shoestring but it's a tough ask. We are in a place though where I think we have an excellent side anyway that we can build on.

Archived