onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list?.

wwindsor

Maybe so but I think most including me have had enough of watching the same rubbish players season in season out.

Page has made his choice now, its his neck on the block.

I dont get it myself because hes offered contracts to bench warmers from last season, surely if we want to progress we need to clear out those who werent good enough for the first team last season and add a bit of quality to play alongside the better players we already have. Next seasons bench should be made up of the less able first teamers from last season and some untried youth.

We can only hope that the better players sign and the likes of willo dont.

One thing is for certain the 4 or 5 additions have to be first team quality.

Advert

You only have to look at Campion' date=' on fire at development level standard (probably the best of the crop) and more than a fair way off what's needed for the first team. What we do have to take into account is that they are promising but they are playing at a standard between youth and reserve level.[/quote']

It was only some posters on here who rated Campion, who had never seen him play, I certainly didn't, and Rob Page certainly didn't, on your second point, promising youngsters playing at a standard between youth and reserve team level, of course there is a gulf between that standard and league standard, but isn't that the standard, what most of our loan signings had been playing in, Innis, Steete, O'Sullivan, Versel, Etc; those have done ok in playing league football with us, so why not our up and coming youngsters, after all these youngsters are the clubs future, to be sold on, and putting much needed funds into the clubs coffers, so we can move forward through the leagues.

Do you live on this planet? Season in season out? Its our second season following our promotion.At one point this season we were in the play off race.

Every team outside the top six can claim to have been in the race for the play offs, we were never likely to win the race though were we.

Do you live on this planet? Season in season out? Its our second season following our promotion.At one point this season we were in the play off race.

And at another point we had lost 6 in a row and in a relegation battle.

We had an appalling run and a nail-biting finish but I think I've read somewhere that we'd be mid-table if Page's results were extrapolated across the whole season.

We can all pick and choose a sequence of results to support our case but after inheriting a squad that was second bottom to eventually having a mid-table record (albeit with some dreadful results in spells) wasn't without merit.

[Dodds should get a new deal. He was one of our better players after Page came in].

In all reality, probably only about one-half of the retained list will sign, as a result of better offers elsewhere or moves for family reasons etc.

The ones that stay will be on relatively low wages in League One terms.

To this end, I would expect an additional seven or eight new players in over the summer.

It's way too early for all this depression at this stage of the new season.

Personally, I like to save my depression until at least 15 minutes before kick off of the first game, when I get to watch Ben Williamson rifle several warm up shots into the Bycars, see Chris Birchall sweating like a fat man in a cake shop after some shuttle sprints, and realise the Railway Stand tea bar has run out of food and drink.

spot on, the amount of times ive been up to the railway stand bar even BEFORE the game has started to be told theyre out of food or drink is laughable, norm you have to get rid of those caterers ASAP theyre a joke

I think anyone who reckons Dodds isn't worth a new deal (we don't even know the terms of said deal yet) hasn't been watching Vale this season.

Well I have missed 2 games home and away this season and I must have been watching different games because Dodds should not have been offered a contract.

After 7 years, he is still not a regular and has never been. He goes missing in the majority of games, he scored 4 goals last season, 3 of which were against Crawley who went down. The season before he got 4 goals as well.

We still cannot find a formation that gets the best out of him apart from 2 years ago, we tried it this season and it didn't work, we should have got rid.

In all reality, probably only about one-half of the retained list will sign, as a result of better offers elsewhere or moves for family reasons etc.

The ones that stay will be on relatively low wages in League One terms.

To this end, I would expect an additional seven or eight new players in over the summer.

It's way too early for all this depression at this stage of the new season.

Personally, I like to save my depression until at least 15 minutes before kick off of the first game, when I get to watch Ben Williamson rifle several warm up shots into the Bycars, see Chris Birchall sweating like a fat man in a cake shop after some shuttle sprints, and realise the Railway Stand tea bar has run out of food and drink.

Especially when he was aiming for the Hamil goal.

Call me cynical, but I find it to convenient that after the uproar over the retained list, the news is released that we are wanting to sign Inniss again. If it wasn't a pr attempt, wouldn't you keep it quiet? Hope we do sign him, but it makes me less confident that we wil.

Call me cynical, but I find it to convenient that after the uproar over the retained list, the news is released that we are wanting to sign Inniss again. If it wasn't a pr attempt, wouldn't you keep it quiet? Hope we do sign him, but it makes me less confident that we wil.

I thought that we had already been told about the club trying to sign him even before the retained list was out.

It would be fantastic IF we did manage to get him back at Vale.I think that there is more chance of him going to a championship club,club nearer to home.What we have in our favour is that he has already been here,knows the staff and players and said that he enjoyed his time here.

Tbh I welcome the positive pr, even if it is only that !! Far better than reading grewey spouting on about how staying up will be success !!!

I think anyone who reckons Dodds isn't worth a new deal (we don't even know the terms of said deal yet) hasn't been watching Vale this season.

Is that the vale that finished 4 pts off the drop ? And only won 8 home games all season ?? The same Dodds that's been in & out of the team for 7 years ?? And wasn't a fist team regular in league 2 ??

Archived