onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 1 Colchester 2 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Louis Dodds took his goal well and showed craft around the box second Half. I like Ben Williamson and in the right match with the right partner he can be effective. He has good technical skills, but needs more composure in front of goal which Dodds has.

I think Pope would have scored from the early crosses if on from the start. Otherwise the intensity in play including moving the ball in midfield quickly and pressing as a team only came after 0-2. I think Collins looks a good centre half but not match fit. We need to accept this is a relegation battle and get a team that will cope under pressure on the pitch. One that gets men behind the ball, battles for everything, keeps it simple going forward pumping the ball in to corners and pressing if necessary and is a threat at set pieces and on the break. Page and the "sophisticated" football is not working presently it is time for the battlers and the really really committed to cause people.

Please also stop the individual mistakes. Just sense the danger. But the fans need to satay the course as well even if painful.

Your having a giraffe, williamson is useless in front of goal and he doesnt create goals for others, he cant hold the ball up and he doesnt win headers so if he doesnt score whats the point of him? There are plenty of players who can chase the ball all day its the ones who can do something with it when they get it that we need. The number of chances he misses is embarrasing. Williamson was useless in league 2 so league 1 is way beyond him. We may as well plant a stick in the ground and tell pope to play alongside that becaue we are playing with ten men when williamsons on.

The players should be ashamed of themselves. Instead of bleating in the papers abou they should thank us for paying to watch their incompetence and for showing patience with them because they have been playing well below what is expected since the start of the season and are possibly about to see a second manager get the sack because of their failings.

Advert

Your having a giraffe, williamson is useless in front of goal and he doesnt create goals for others, he cant hold the ball up and he doesnt win headers so if he doesnt score whats the point of him? There are plenty of players who can chase the ball all day its the ones who can do something with it when they get it that we need. The number of chances he misses is embarrasing. Williamson was useless in league 2 so league 1 is way beyond him. We may as well plant a stick in the ground and tell pope to play alongside that becaue we are playing with ten men when williamsons on.

The players should be ashamed of themselves. Instead of bleating in the papers abou they should thank us for paying to watch their incompetence and for showing patience with them because they have been playing well below what is expected since the start of the season and are possibly about to see a second manager get the sack because of their failings.

this lot wont want that on their CV's, division two beckons us and the conference beckons them.

Page is handicapped by a squad full of very average players that is down to Micky Adams, but he's far too negative in his formations at home when we should be taking the game to sides, especially those like Colchester who are rather shocking. In my opinion he should be a number 2 or a manager in the Conference learning the game. He was the cheap option and nothing but a "yes, sir" man to the chairman.

As Rob Page has stated, Tom Pope is not fully fit. So he should not be playing

Sorry, but Williamson just fails to score goals that he should not miss.

Scoring of goals success could come today depending on which striker/s starts. Coulibaly, Marshall, Jnr. Dodds, etc. could assist to provide for a striker who can find the net.

Where there is life there is hope. Hope that the team is up for it today. :b&g::groupwavereversed::onmehead:

First time I've managed to sit infront of a pc since the match - apologies if any of this is just a repeat.

Hmmm... disappointing doesn't really cover it.

Why was Burchill taken off? I know a lot of people don't rate him but he was a real thorn in Colchester's left side of defence and he also encouraged Yates to go forward. As soon as he came off, Yates stopped running on. Coubilay looked good though - he's played in the Championship so why not start him?

Why was Williamson playing at all? He has no ball control and ALWAYS looks to flick and run. For a L1 defender this easy. As with the RS commentary and probably everyone in VP said to someone in the first half.. "Lovely cross ... no Pope".

Colchester's first goal was ludicrous. The striker was almost disco dancing on the edge of the box before getting a shot in. Tripe.

So who's to blame? Well I'm not in the Page - Out brigade but he has shoulder the responsibility of selecting the team. I'm becoming more of an anti- coaching staff brigade though. Think how many players have actually been improved under Grew and Glover?

A clean sweep of all the coaching staff and get Page to at least have one full season would at least give him a chance.

Then I forgot we were playing Rochdale and yet another defeat.... maybe Page should go but essentially nothing has changed since Adams left. I would say Grew and Glover should go and perhaps get ONE very good coach in and professional trainer.

Archived