onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Should refs.get TV replays?

For Us All

I'm all for helping referees by using technology during games,but where do you draw the line,which decisions would we need to scrutinise more,offsides,penalty decisions,dangerous tackles?

It seems Greg Dyke is willing to give it a try.

Views and opinions please.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2759269/Greg-Dyke-backs-video-replays-help-referees-says-coaches-shouldn-t-given-chance-challenge-official-calls.html

Advert

I'm all for helping referees by using technology during games,but where do you draw the line,which decisions would we need to scrutinise more,offsides,penalty decisions,dangerous tackles?

It seems Greg Dyke is willing to give it a try.

Views and opinions please.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2759269/Greg-Dyke-backs-video-replays-help-referees-says-coaches-shouldn-t-given-chance-challenge-official-calls.html

Yes they should, within strict limits - a team could only ask for 2 decisions per match perhaps, and the ref could ask anytime he wanted but any refs that used it over five times a game on average over the season need shipping out fast.

Football should depend on fairness, the Japan/Kores world cup was ruined by cheating decisions that allowed a ridiculous team like south korea to get to the semi finals after they had cheated both Spain and Italy.

Timing of matches should also be done by an off-field scrutineer/panel with the remaining time displayed on a big clock in every ground for all to see, getting rid of extra minutes, as in American basketball.

Yes they should, within strict limits - a team could only ask for 2 decisions per match perhaps, and the ref could ask anytime he wanted but any refs that used it over five times a game on average over the season need shipping out fast.

Football should depend on fairness, the Japan/Kores world cup was ruined by cheating decisions that allowed a ridiculous team like south korea to get to the semi finals after they had cheated both Spain and Italy.

Timing of matches should also be done by an off-field scrutineer/panel with the remaining time displayed on a big clock in every ground for all to see, getting rid of extra minutes, as in American basketball.

Who would ask for the two decisions per match,the manager?

I think all referees and linespersons need to go back to the classroom for an exam watch clips of fouls penalty's diving players extra and get marked on there decision also if you take the p/l there are 40 + official's but it seems the same people are reffing the games week in week out they need to be change round also what's happened to the lady referee

Leave things as they are,will the playbacks be available all through the game Conference,non-league etc ? If not we will have a two tier game,and in my opinion thats wrong.

The education needs to be with the players who find it acceptable to cheat and dive and take advantage of the refs,this has come to the fore since the Premier league has come into prominence,the foreign invasion has grown into our game and it needs stopping.

but we already moan now about the time it takes the ref to book, send off ,have a word with the players ,use is spray can ,also players wasting time ,Neil was booked Saturday for this, in rugby it takes a couple of minutes to make a decision there could be 10 minutes or more added time if this goes a head it will kill the game it wants less rules even a little push is now a foul.

Until somebody invents glasses to be worn by the linesman that can show the "offside line" like pundits get in the studio I don't want to see football get any more hi-tech.

I can see replays just delaying things while the ref goes and looks at the camera like in the NFL. Even with video replays I think managers and players will still argue and we'll still get dubious penalty decisions where "there was definitely contact" as fibres from the defender's sock brush the fluttering fabric of the attacker's shorts.

Until somebody invents glasses to be worn by the linesman that can show the "offside line" like pundits get in the studio I don't want to see football get any more hi-tech.

I can see replays just delaying things while the ref goes and looks at the camera like in the NFL. Even with video replays I think managers and players will still argue and we'll still get dubious penalty decisions where "there was definitely contact" as fibres from the defender's sock brush the fluttering fabric of the attacker's shorts.

Things are already delayed long enough with players and management arguing with officials.

Things are already delayed long enough with players and management arguing with officials.

Yes , they are, and if anything a change should be made like Rugby, where the players cannot argue or crowd around the referee. They can't put a hand on a ref either, but you see it all the time in football.The Captain asks for an explanation and that's that. Move on, and maybe they will stop acting like big babies, which is what they are.

Archived