onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Policing of PVFC - Chairman's Statement

Memphis

I dont see many having a go at the neanderthals who cause the problem in first place.

Are you honestly saying if there were no Police there yesterday it would have passed off with no incident.

Nobody is saying there should be no police, just a sensible number. Saturday's deployment did seem ludicrously large for the perceived problem.

Advert

If I had a quid for every time I said this I could buy a set of floodlights you cannot hold people in a football stadium or any other place for that matter without arresting them, it's called containment and has been unlawful for about 6 years, it can only be used when there is a serious threat to life. I can just imagine the reaction if Vale fans were kept in a stadium so they didn't have to go out on a unsegragated Road, it's a ****** game if you can't walk down a road with supporters of other teams without getting your head caved in by a Neanderthal its time to give up.

Yes you can hold them back because it happens!

4. The vast majority of Police on Saturday were redundant, stood around doing nothing due to threat of disorder being grossly exaggerated. At half past two, when it should have been one of their busiest points of the day, I saw two more mature looking WPCs saunter past the Vine carrying orange paper bags from Wright’s Pies.

I could not agree more. I saw several police on the way to the ground and they were either doing nothing (sitting on a motorbike) or chatting to each other. That said, they did sterling work on sorting out the traffic at the top of the Hamil Road although I'm not sure if a bit of traffic management justifies their fees for the game.

The policing really needs to be proportionate and not the police using football clubs and unfounded "potential trouble" as a way of simply generating more income and more hours for its officers.

Yes you can hold them back because it happens!
What is the difference between kettling for a short period and holding fans back? Always happened at the Vic, I remember Rudgie being interviewed to a background of Vale chants. Kettling is legal in the European Court of Human Rights.

Whilst not wishing to defend the massive police overkill today, we (the club) don't actually pick up the bill for the legions of cops outside the Roebuck, only for those on PVFC property.

I do as I am a Stoke on Trent council tax payer & a season ticket holder so either way I am paying & being a pensioner makes my blood boil, & before anybody jumps on my reply.....YES I have paid my council tax already for the present year 2014/15,:angry:

So it took well over 1000 police officers to arrest four young drunks, you just couldn't make it up, the mind boggles.

1000 police officers ****ing hell that's almost 2 per away supporter I never see that many police patrolling my street all year (maybe I live in a law abiding street)

I don't think Staffs police have got a thousand cops anymore mate, you probably saw about 40

At 2.45pm the was a mass meeting of officers on the Hamill about 30 (inside the ground)& there were at least 10 behind the steel gates by the police box so that your 40 was there none anywhere else ?

1. Vale has its fair share of idiots. No doubt about that. But then again so do a lot of clubs up and down the country. There should be nothing that the Police can’t handle with proper planning and the correct use of resources.

2. That of course, is presuming that minimizing disorder is the Police’s objective, rather than exacerbating it to justify their own presence and bills to the football club.

3. The number of Police in attendance at a football match is not inversely proportional to the amount of disorder. The Wolves match last season proved that, for which the Police later apologized.

4. The vast majority of Police on Saturday were redundant, stood around doing nothing due to threat of disorder being grossly exaggerated. At half past two, when it should have been one of their busiest points of the day, I saw two more mature looking WPCs saunter past the Vine carrying orange paper bags from Wright’s Pies.

5. If the “specific intelligence” genuinely warranted as many police as it did to deal with a very small number of rowdy away fans and chavvy kids, then Staffs Police really are in trouble.

6. Staffordshire Police are, to my mind, currently engaged in a PR offensive designed to overstate the amount of disorder. It’s a transparent attempt to justify their own excessive presence at Vale matches and their extortionate bills. Their statement on Friday was overly confrontational and not the language of an organization looking to reach a mutually acceptable solution

7. What Policing background does Matthew Ellis have? As far as I can see he was elected as PCC on the basis of being the Conservative party candidate on a low turnout. The sight of him having public slanging matches with Norman is very unedifying for a man holding public office on a £75,000 a year salary. I hope that whoever is in power after May abolishes him.

In which case it begs the question.Is he bias in favour of the police more than the general public?

For me, as was said earlier in the thread, the easiest way to neutralise 90% of trouble that goes on at Vale Park is to hold away fans in for 10 minutes after kick off (when necessary). The children who like to kick off and cause a fight do not possess an attention span of that length, and the police can have 10 minutes to move them on if they do summon the intelligence to wait for that length of time, or call their mothers. Is this unfeasible Smurf?

In which case it begs the question.Is he bias in favour of the police more than the general public?

after the wolves game, I questioned the police report of the "trouble", he said the police were right, I pointed out 4-5tatemnts made by the police that were wrong but all he said was the police statement was correct, the enquiry later said the police were at fault in there actions. So he is biased towards the police where he should be a watchdog checking on the police...

Archived