onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

chris lines

RayWalkers40yarder

I know recently theres been some vitriolic comments on here made about linesy and his attitude well i want to step forward in his defence as i really like the bloke as a player i think hes done great generally for us since he moved here i just think he and o connor are struggling to carry what is a poor to average side at best i cant wait for next season already sooner pagey can bring his own mark to the team and offload the dross will allow lines o connor et al to shine :)

Advert

I got some stick after Saturday's match for daring to say that we improved in the 2nd half after Chris Lines came on. He helped to make the midfield far more controlled and less frenetic than in the first half and was IMO one of the reasons that we were much steadier in that second half. I'll probably get more stick--but can only have an opinion on what I saw. As I also previously posted, a WBA supporting friend used to seeing better footballing players was with me at Walsall and he too, commented in a positive way on Lines's contribution, so probably a much more objective assessment than most? Just because he doesn't tear around like a headless chicken, some on here, suggest that he doesn't try and is lazy--but what sort of objectivity is that?!

I know recently theres been some vitriolic comments on here made about linesy and his attitude well i want to step forward in his defence as i really like the bloke as a player i think hes done great generally for us since he moved here i just think he and o connor are struggling to carry what is a poor to average side at best i cant wait for next season already sooner pagey can bring his own mark to the team and offload the dross will allow lines o connor et al to shine :)

Think I might agree with this one.

I like Lines but I think O'Connor is a different class to anything we've had in midfield for some time. I also think O'Connor might well leave due to the budget reduction

I think the comments are borne out of frustration as fans know what Linesy is capable of. The first few home games under Rob Page, Linesy was on fire. He looked unplayable. Since then, personally I feel his contribution hasn't been up to scratch (based on home games only)

I must admit I was underwhelmed with him for most of last season as well. Do I think he's a good player? Yes. Do I think he could do better? Definitely. Do I think we could do better for his reported wages? Almost certainly.

Lines is technically excellent, last season we certainly saw this on some occasions. Lines has in my opinion always shone out on the pitch whether hes playing well or poor, on his day he is one of the best in the league the problem is, this season he dosent look up for it. Ive gradually beginning to go off Lines, from thinking hes an excellent player to one who just cant be arsed to turn up. I hope for his sake he starts putting in some performances because him and Oconnor are probably our two most gifted players.

I like Lines but I think O'Connor is a different class to anything we've had in midfield for some time. I also think O'Connor might well leave due to the budget reduction

I agree with your view re ability/asset but not re budget

If we do not resign him it will be to geographic's as his family live in Lincoln as the traveling is an issue

Archived